The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

With over 1500 hours in Warframe, it makes me sad that because of Silver Grove I can no longer play the game I invested so much time and money into.

Golden.Eyes

I don't know if it can help you, but some time ago, a Nvidia update et my power management on Nvidia Control Panel to energy saving mode or whatever it is named. I set it back to maximum performance and went from 30 to 60 fps.

It has nothing to do with the Silver Grove update, but it might help, I guess.

The system requirements means a fresh PC with nothing else installed. Windows has the behavior that its slows down with time. So it can be that you PC is formaly OK but in reality not. Of course a game has to evolve the graphics to be up to date.

So my recommendation.

1) If everything is cleared (drivers...) try a fresh install aof windows - and don't forget to backup

2) wait for a response of the support

2) when nothing else helps: buy new hardware - its quit old - sry!

Warframe is it worth to go on playing!

1 hour ago, eminiclam said:

let me guess, you can run the game on high setting without a problem don't you? I have the same problem as OP, went to support they told me the exact same thing that OP already did (update drivers, turn off 64 bit etc.) and nothing works. I have to play with 15 fps ON MY ORBITER, they need to fix their performance issues.

I never said my specs where good,,

I do have the same issue, Not as badly.

Can play 60-70 fps in orbiter

grineer ship>30-35 fps

Corpus ship>40-50 fps

Defense mission> Good to start off, slowly degrades to 20-25 fps

Yes, i do play on high, But like so, Before the silver grove update, i was fine, no issues. 

I'm going to be 100% honest here.... realistically your system isn't good enough (primarily graphics) for warframe anymore.  Yes you can say you meet the minimum requirements (actually your gpu is worse than the required 8600gt in performance benchmarks....) and all that but the system requirements listed are woefully out of date (I've been saying that for a while) with all the changes done to this game in regards to lighting etc since silver grove (likely a bit before that).   

Based on the info you're giving the problem is basically your computer can't keep up with everything being shown on screen at say 30fps so you're losing framerate to compensate, as it is already at a low rate it is even more pronounced.  Hell my frame rates drop with an i7 4790k, 16gb ram and 1060 6gb gpu... which is to be expected when there's a lot going on.

It's an unfortunate fact that at some point a pc will come to a stage in it's gaming life where it won't be able to play newer games or as they get updated to use newer tech or additional features. 

Why are you acting like that when you are asking for help.

You GPU is old and worn-out. You can't expect it to run forever. It stopped working right after TSG? Probably just a coincidance.

I suggest you set all your settings to minimum or turn them off completely if possible. If your FPS is still bad, you should buy new GPU.

If not: You should try to set your settings back one by one each time checking if the problem is gone.

1 hour ago, Rubastax said:

-Snip-

Yes you might have been able to play it before but your system does not actually meet the minimum requirements....clearly that part was too hard for you to understand.... basically you were lucky to be able play it in the first place. 

I also explained WHY your framerate drops were happening...

You can say all you like about turning off volumetric lighting but to actually add volumetric lighting they need to change other code and lighting aspects of the game (I work in 3D design) so it will also impact the lesser settings... so seeing as you were already below the required gpu of an 8600GT it will have likely affected you more than someone with a higher spec gpu. 

Also you do realise as things get added/changed in the game (it is a beta which is constantly changing after all) it can require more resources from the pc.... it's entirely possible that you have actually reached the end of life for your pc if you want to continue playing warframe.....

44 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

Why are you acting like that when you are asking for help.

You GPU is old and worn-out. You can't expect it to run forever. It stopped working right after TSG? Probably just a coincidance.

I suggest you set all your settings to minimum or turn them off completely if possible. If your FPS is still bad, you should buy new GPU.

If not: You should try to set your settings back one by one each time checking if the problem is gone.

I would consider this... If it was not Warframe and only Warframe that was having issues.

All of my other games (some of which I should not even be able to run at all but can do so at medium to high settings with good fps) run perfectly fine. Looking at you, Skyrim with 150 mods and so many graphics mods it might as well be Witcher 3.

2 minutes ago, Rubastax said:

I would consider this... If it was not Warframe and only Warframe that was having issues.

All of my other games (some of which I should not even be able to run at all but can do so at medium to high settings with good fps) run perfectly fine. Looking at you, Skyrim with 150 mods and so many graphics mods it might as well be Witcher 3.

Skyrim is a great example. Have you ever tried installing several mods at once? Then launching the game only for it to crash? Well, I have.

How did i find which mod wasn't installed correctly? By disabling them all and then enabling them one by one. Launching the game each time after I enabled a mod.

It always helped me to find the problem.

It would take hour at most with Warframe display settings. It's worth a shot, isn't it? Maybe DE changed some setting and forgot to mention it in patch notes...

2 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

Skyrim is a great example. Have you ever tried installing several mods at once? Then launching the game only for it to crash? Well, I have.

How did i find which mod wasn't installed correctly? By disabling them all and then enabling them one by one. Launching the game each time after I enabled a mod.

It always helped me to find the problem.

It would take hour at most with Warframe display settings. It's worth a shot, isn't it? Maybe DE changed some setting and forgot to mention it in patch notes...

I already did the thing where I set my settings to rock bottom and slowly raised them/turned settings on.

Sounds kind of like either your CPU or video card are choking on something. I'd suggest checking the temperature of your cores while running warframe, something like coretemp would be good for that. For the GPU grabbing a GPU monitoring software like gpu-z would let you see memory use and other useful info to see if the card is choking on warframe. 

On 30.12.2016 at 3:13 PM, Rubastax said:

I turned it off the moment I launched the game (I read the patch notes)... Aaaand I forgot the name as well.

I have 4gb ram, Intel Core i3 2.2ghz Dual Core, Nvidia GeForce 610m with 1gb VGA.

As weak as it is, it could run Warframe perfectly fine until Silver Grove and the lacking specs of my system in no way caused the performance drop that silver Grove caused.

Did you time travel back to early 2000 and stole a PC ? 

It's time for an upgrade mate.

As for your problem, was that the patch where they added dyanic lighting ? Lighting effects are very taxing and probably old GPU and CPU's can't deal with them. Even a little tweak like that is enough to make a huge impact on any system. On high end systems it is less noticable of course.

On 12/30/2016 at 2:13 PM, Rubastax said:

I turned it off the moment I launched the game (I read the patch notes)... Aaaand I forgot the name as well.

I have 4gb ram, Intel Core i3 2.2ghz Dual Core, Nvidia GeForce 610m with 1gb VGA.

As weak as it is, it could run Warframe perfectly fine until Silver Grove and the lacking specs of my system in no way caused the performance drop that silver Grove caused.

I have a 720m on my laptop and still struggle a lot most of the time, with almost everything to minimum. It's not surprising that you have FPS issues. Used to be better, but it is what it is now. Also, your laptop getting older doesn't help either. What I could recommend is enable (yes, enable) DX11 from Launcher. It made it better for me.

Other than that, there is nothing you can do but upgrade in the future. The games evolve in time, just like the the PC components. 

Game use almost 1.100 MB of ram but sometimes can go higher + OS 1000 MB so in fast way 2,5 GB is minimal to play this game! So yes with 4GB of ram this game most works smooth.

The second is CPU temperature not default one. I never use default CPU temperature because is not the real temperature of CPU. The real Temperature is CPU Package. I had same problem CPU Temperature was 70⁰C but real temperature CPU Package was 100⁰C and game work slow FPS was 10-30 and all this with LOW settings.Then I change thermal paste and temperature was normal CPU temperature was 50⁰C and CPU Package was 60⁰C-70⁰C and game works perfect with max settings on 1920 x 1080.

Then Graphic temperature again most be monitored in game try AIDA64 it has a lot and a lot of sensors we could say everything. I had same problem few years ago with old graphic card temperature was 105⁰C and all games worked slow or did froze for a sec or two. Now I`m always using ASUS GPU Tweak because it is a graph that I can set how fan will works is perfect because is small and simple software. My graphic card is ASUS to.

Temperature is the first and faster way to test why game works slow....

User can remove or add more dots and set own fan control. I set that on 80⁰C fan works on max speed. In game normally works with 70⁰C but never will go more then 80⁰C. Default fan temperature are to low and fan works with high speed on 100⁰C. Because of that I use this software and max speed is on 80⁰C. So when I play games graphic temperature is never higher then 80⁰C. Average 60-70⁰C in game play. Without this software temperature was 90⁰C and fan speed was only 80% which is wrong and I don`t like it. Because Fan is calculated with GPU temperature and is always lower than VRM temperature. If is GPU temperature 80⁰C that mean not for all graphic card but sometimes VRM can be even 110⁰C or even more.  When I play games for me is same if fan make more noise better then very high graphic temperature.

21148ir.jpg

Picture by google

Edited by Bostyan

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2016 at 1:26 PM, Rubastax said:

the Geforce 610M is a gfx card from 2011 (some of its chip(s) are based on the Geforce GT 520M from 2010), Skyrim is a game from 2011, warframe is a game and game engine being continually improved upon and we are now in 2017, comparing a game from 2011 on a gfx card from 2011 is way way way different to comparing a still improving cutting edge engine/game from 2017 on a gfx card from 2011.

Pretty safe to say the 672 MHz, 1 GB DDR3 gfx card from 2011 is the weak link.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having similar issues with my fps, I'm using a GTX980, I used to have constant 70-75fps.

Now, time to time, there are ODD drops in fps to 35fps for a few seconds then back to normal, not sure what is the issue, but it's not mirage simulor, not telos boltace particles or anything, I have all my settings to maximum.

I believe it's something to do with the game engine , just my humble opinion, no prove or anything.

I am also unsure which update caused this issue.

I had a similar problem, but that happened to me with an i7 and a GTX 960. The thing was that almost every CPU has a GPU inside, and somehow some games change their default GPU from the dedicated one (GTX 960) to the integred one (the one included with the CPU).

I don't remember how to change it, also depending on your version may be slightly different, but try to make sure to run warframe with your dedicated GPU. You have to look both your Intel Graphics and your Nvidia control panel.

not sure the OP still have this issue (or is even playing anymore) but i would like to put an observation to the thread:

i have, on occasion, the same issue with the fps dropping into the abbys and found that the culprit in case is the nvidia card and/or her drivers. when it happens, it was always due to me alt+tab'ing out and into the game quite often (not all the time, mind you - just because i was working while playing... ok, playing while working really ^^). since i also have an issue with my card being slightly overclocked by the manufacturer, and warframe does not like this very much too, i have MSIafterburner running to reduce my gpu and memory clock a bit to prevent the game and/or my system too from crashing - i noticed then, whenever the "fps-gone-to-hell" phenomenon happens, the clock for both, gpu and graphic memory where locked into its idle state (which is, when you are "only" on desktop and no 3D acceleration is needed).

nothing i tried would then get the clock up again, except for a whole system reboot - no game restart (no starting of any other game as well), no manually restart of the videodrivers, and no changing of clock timing will get it out of this state.

since i only ever observed this particular behaviour in connection with warframe, i assume that there is some "bad" code glitch in the interplay of the nvidia driver and warframe - though cookie to find out since i rather NOT try using a debugger while playing warframe (bad consequences for sure). i can only suggest the devs should try out testing multiple nvidia cards with different driver versions and... ah hell, who am i fooling - the amount of possible hard/software combinations makes it a bit like finding a special grain of sand on the beach.

but in the end, if someone have this issue, try not so much using alt+tab with the game (or play in window mode when you need to do so often), and when the S#&$ hits the fan, just reboot your rig and keep playing. testing around with your videocards clock-timing might also be something to ponder over (downwards, mind you - or will get other problem rather than not). like one can see in wall of text, i had only ever had such problems with nvidia card (since i despise amd/ati card for a long, long time now even more).

On 12/30/2016 at 5:13 AM, Rubastax said:

you need more ram my old cp had only 4gb and crashed every time i tried to do raids get atlest 8 gb if you have 4 gb total your computers using about 2 gb of that so in reality you only have 2gb 

Edited by hazerddex

On 12. 1. 2017 at 2:35 AM, Bostyan said:

Game use almost 1.100 MB of ram but sometimes can go higher + OS 1000 MB so in fast way 2,5 GB is minimal to play this game! So yes with 4GB of ram this game most works smooth.

The second is CPU temperature not default one. I never use default CPU temperature because is not the real temperature of CPU. The real Temperature is CPU Package. I had same problem CPU Temperature was 70⁰C but real temperature CPU Package was 100⁰C and game work slow FPS was 10-30 and all this with LOW settings.Then I change thermal paste and temperature was normal CPU temperature was 50⁰C and CPU Package was 60⁰C-70⁰C and game works perfect with max settings on 1920 x 1080.

Then Graphic temperature again most be monitored in game try AIDA64 it has a lot and a lot of sensors we could say everything. I had same problem few years ago with old graphic card temperature was 105⁰C and all games worked slow or did froze for a sec or two. Now I`m always using ASUS GPU Tweak because it is a graph that I can set how fan will works is perfect because is small and simple software. My graphic card is ASUS to.

Temperature is the first and faster way to test why game works slow....

User can remove or add more dots and set own fan control. I set that on 80⁰C fan works on max speed. In game normally works with 70⁰C but never will go more then 80⁰C. Default fan temperature are to low and fan works with high speed on 100⁰C. Because of that I use this software and max speed is on 80⁰C. So when I play games graphic temperature is never higher then 80⁰C. Average 60-70⁰C in game play. Without this software temperature was 90⁰C and fan speed was only 80% which is wrong and I don`t like it. Because Fan is calculated with GPU temperature and is always lower than VRM temperature. If is GPU temperature 80⁰C that mean not for all graphic card but sometimes VRM can be even 110⁰C or even more.  When I play games for me is same if fan make more noise better then very high graphic temperature.

21148ir.jpg

Picture by google

Correct - for me, warframe usually hovers around 1gb and very rarely goes over 1.2gb, similar to Skyrim.