Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe VS. Mass Effect - Who Would Win The Popular Vote?

(XBOX)Cephalon 7

Mass Effect has one of the most fleshed-out, well written universes in fiction, imo. Warframe is a skeleton world that can barely keep its fundamental facts straight.

Mass Effect has some of the greatest written characters, each deep with lots of development and backstory. Warframe has characters that try to hard to be zany memes but are actually empty shells.

Mass Effect has had a ridiculous amount of time spent developing with huge amounts of resources to devote, while Warframe is constantly clawing to get content out week to week with significantly less funding.

Hardly seems to be a fair comparison, but the fact you're even making it is a huge compliment to Warframe.

I love both so much and could never pick one as they both satisfy different urges.

Mass Effect story 

Warframe gameplay 

But my brother and i did just buy two PS4 pros and two 4k tvs because of Mass Effect Andromeda. 😆

We are also taking time off work especially because Mass Effect Multiplayer is nuts to butts fun.

1000s of hours and you can't stop.....

Taking direct control!

giphy_72.gif

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

3 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Mass Effect has one of the most fleshed-out, well written universes in fiction, imo. Warframe is a skeleton world that can barely keep its fundamental facts straight.

Mass Effect has some of the greatest written characters, each deep with lots of development and backstory. Warframe has characters that try to hard to be zany memes but are actually empty shells.

Mass Effect has had a ridiculous amount of time spent developing with huge amounts of resources to devote, while Warframe is constantly clawing to get content out week to week with significantly less funding.

Hardly seems to be a fair comparison, but the fact you're even making it is a huge compliment to Warframe.

One person, who happens to play Warframe, asking whether it or another game is more popular is not a compliment to Warframe. In fact, it really says nothing about Warframe.

5 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

............................... there's no comparison. Warframe IS just a shell of a game. It could be more, certainly, if DE had the vision to make it so.

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cephalon 7 said:

I can't wait for the new Mass Effect - then im done on this game lol. Warframe was only interesting until the next ME game was created.

Just a pass me by until the real joy :P

I'm expecting Elite Dangerous Horizons to be that game for me.

I'll just have to wait another four to six months... :sad:

Mass Effect would win the vote because more people know about it. That doesn't always mean it's better though. For example look at the call of duty games. People hate on those games so much but then go out and buy them because they are so popular. They make more money and get more hate then DE...go figure.

Mass Effect is more story than game, Warframe is more game than story. While they're both interactive mediums, and both offer entertainment, they're in different genres that appeal in different ways.

I engaged in Mass Effect to learn its story. I engaged in Warframe to play its content. I can't play Mass Effect for fun, and I can't just enjoy Warframe's lore.

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cephalon 7 said:

I can't wait for the new Mass Effect - then im done on this game lol. Warframe was only interesting until the next ME game was created.

Just a pass me by until the real joy :P

O so this why your creating the threads. Your burnt out on Warframe and now your part complaining and part trying to convince others to see issues.

Spewin but man you know it's sometimes good to take a break from any game. 

If I were to make a final choice between them, as in one game would remain and one would be gone from existence, I would pick Mass Effect to stay 100 out of a 100 times; It's not even a competition.

The disclaimer is of course that they're two very different games that play different and have different strengths, but having said that, beyond the collecting aspect of Warframe along with some really neat stuff there isn't much to it. I'll likely always remember Mass Effect, but just as when I took a break from Warframe, I'll probably forget it even existed until I'm reminded.

I don't mean that as a total negative, it's sort of the opposite... what's here is pretty good, but there's just not enough meat on these bones.

Mass effect 100%

the story and universe of ME one of the best ever created in a video game series. Gameplay wise its balanced, fun, but also challenging, and it makes you feel like you're a total badass.

But TBH they are 2 completely different games, that cant really be compared. Kinda like comparing Mario kart to Forza.

15 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

Mass Effect would win the vote because more people know about it. That doesn't always mean it's better though. For example look at the call of duty games. People hate on those games so much but then go out and buy them because they are so popular. They make more money and get more hate then DE...go figure.

If DE were to make a new game from scratch, they might be able to do an all time classic with their gained experience, but Warframe isn't it. I'm not going to say that Mass Effect is outright better due to the awkward comparison, but there's a marked difference in quality between the two games.

Call of Duty games get a somewhat undeserved (though some is certainly deserved) reputation stemming from fan base disputes. Black Ops 2 was a genuinly good game and the rest were/are sort of meh. It's really the "meh" part that's the worst, as these series are as mainstream as you can get, meaning they pander to the lowest common denominator.
People may hate the idea of them, which is fair, but that they go out and buy them (which I doubt is the regular case) doesn't mean they hate the gameplay.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

You actually have got me thinking about Mass Effect Andromeda again OP..... uugh the wait......

Collector's edition paid for

PS4 pro and 4k tv ready......

Week off work ready when thet release the dang date....😂

Bring it on!

When the release date comes near, the Devs will post this on twitter...

Spoiler

e68c0fbd972fe1b7cf1d7f809dfbe85c25db8d53

59 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cephalon 7 said:

I'm just curious!

What do you think is the more popular game? - Warframe - or - Mass Effect -

Or will time only tell? I vote for Mass Effect!

More popular? It's Mass effect.  I never even play that game and even I knew how popular that game was since half my coworkers were b******* about the ending for a whole week. back in 2011-2012(?)

They were so pissed lol I loved it.

1 minute ago, AcceI said:

More popular? It's Mass effect.  I never even play that game and even I knew how popular that game was since half my coworkers were b******* about the ending for a whole week. back in 2011-2012(?)

They were so pissed lol I loved it.

I'm a mass effect fan. That ending pissed the S#&$ out of me. It was the ultimate F*** you/lazy &#! ending to the entire 150 hours you spent over the course of three games of Shepard's journey.

I know if the multiplayer part of Mass Effect 4 is going to be like ME3, it's going to be a competition for attention with Warframe for me.

The PvE was buggy and could be tedious but I definitely enjoyed it. Hoping they've expanded upon it greatly.

Edited by Naith

Just now, TheFinalEpic said:

I'm a mass effect fan. That ending pissed the S#&$ out of me. It was the ultimate F*** you/lazy &#! ending to the entire 150 hours you spent over the course of three games of Shepard's journey.

Trust me I know. I know just about everything needed to know from coworkers alone.  Hell, you sound just like them tbh.

I'm telling you I never learned so much about a game in which I've never played.  

I'd personally buy that next installment if the Godchild is in it as a way of saying thanks.  He bought me plenty of lulz from my coworkers.