Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So.. Region chat.

Ryker

So, I'm not gonna lie. I can get toxic on region late a night or early in the morning when there's nothing to stop me.

But, hey... I think it's stupid.

I could go along telling someone to kill themselves and their entire family but the moment I say anything racially profiling I get in trouble.
I don't get it. Why is that acceptable in DEs eyes?

IF I am allowed to tell someone to lynch themselves why do I get in trouble for a simplistic word?

This is actual feedback.

I think they need to switch their chat restriction system, or something.

Maybe add a home for us toxic players.

I am willing to take a warning point for this, but..
I legitimately think DE needs to do something with region, making it to where it's not completely biased on why you get kicked out or in trouble.

Update the chat filter, add an option in the menu for an 18+ chat, or a safe chat.

Something to where players can agree to disagree.

There's a bot on each region chat programmed to kick when a bad word is said. It has no ability to judge what you are saying. It'll just ban if you say a bad word, that's all.

This said, DE would never accept that someone would tell you to kill yourself. If some people are saying things like that, this is not acceptable and you should report those people as soon as you can. About racial slurs, they have no place in the chat as well.

Hopefully I made it clear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, D20 said:

There's a bot on each region chat programmed to kick when a bad word is said. It has no ability to judge what you are saying. It'll just ban if you say a bad word, that's all.

This said, DE would never accept that someone would tell you to kill yourself. If some people are saying things like that, this is not acceptable and you should report those people as soon as you can. About racial slurs, they have no place in the chat as well.

Hopefully I made it clear.

I am aware of this, my point was being that there are actually a lot, and I mean A LOT.. of toxic players on this game.
IT would make sense for DE to have 2 different chat systems.
Instead of perma banning someone from a single chat when they get suspended too many times or such send them to another version, where all the garbage and crap is piled.

Kinda like what Rockstar did with GTA Online.

• Like 1

Just now, rapt0rman said:

That doesn't matter, as soon as DE sanctions a place for people to be A******s, they pretty much lose.

Have you seen the state of the game right now?
Do you have any idea how many players have already left the game in general?
Not trying to argue, but.
Punishment from my understanding and from what I have seen has a 5% success rate.

1 minute ago, PlsNerfTrinity said:

Have you seen the state of the game right now?
Do you have any idea how many players have already left the game in general?
Not trying to argue, but.
Punishment from my understanding and from what I have seen has a 5% success rate.

And purposefully allowing people to be terrible helps them... how?

9 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

That doesn't matter, as soon as DE sanctions a place for people to be A******s, they pretty much lose.

I've seen other games that do something similar.  Dark Souls 2 had a soft ban server where if you were caught cheating you would only be able to play with other people who were caught cheating.  They allowed for everyone to continue playing the game but kept the cheaters away from the general population.

I could see DE doing something similar and making toxic players only match or be able to talk to other toxic players.  They could still play and chat with each other but they'd be banned from interacting with the general population.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, djternan said:

I've seen other games that do something similar.  Dark Souls 2 had a soft ban server where if you were caught cheating you would only be able to play with other people who were caught cheating.  They allowed for everyone to continue playing the game but kept the cheaters away from the general population.

I could see DE doing something similar and making toxic players only match or be able to talk to other toxic players.  They could still play and chat with each other but they'd be banned from interacting with the general population.

That's what i mean.

Titanfall did this as well to keep the games population alive.

I personally believe this would be a good way to keep the community around, and well.. If you are there by yourself for a bit of time that sucks to be you, doesn't it?

• 4 years later...