Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE's alignment

GDSK-NXS

They are clearly moon because why else would they make a very infectious virus that everyone can get, ruin their fashion. People who don't spot the damned thing will just infect a lot of people the day afterwards, unknowingly, specially for new players and people who haven't finished the war within. But that's not even all of it, because DE knows this is very bad, they know it defeats the purpose of choosing what you do in the quests, why? because when you infect people (even unknowingly) your alignment goes to moon, just fantastic.

I have like 2 frames left before I run out of frames that are in quarantine, because, you guessed it, I don't want my alignment tampered with. Half assed system left running wild without the cure is just what DE thought was a good idea.

But if that wasn't "moon" enough, they then re-release the same even from a week ago, yes, from christmas, but OH now, you get infected in every single mission, why? because it's a public PVP event, can't even play on the snow without catching some deadly infested disease.

Am I really on the minority upset about DE's train of thought about this whole infested plague?

I am not a fan of my ruined perfect neutral standing either and that ugly infested cyst, and they still haven't properly implemented a retroactive fix for people who did the TGG quest before the hotfix. Was a huge male reproduction organ move from them...

Edited by Momo93

14 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

There's no confirmation that there is any alignment change from the infection, more likely it was from the bugged glast gambit choices. I did the quest after the hotfix and my alignment is where it should be.

13 minutes ago, evilfluffy said:

Cyst doesn't effect alignment if it did mine would have changed it was a glitch from the quest not giving alignment points then that was fixed but it gave wrong points to those who already did it.

I know someone who has only picked neutral for all the choices from TWW and TGG. Even after the hotfix (19.5.3) his alignment is still siding towards moon instead of being perfect neutral. Even says on the wiki page, and many many players have been making threads of this flawed system since TGG. It's not a bug from TGG this is an actual system DE added, and from the sounds of it people are getting pretty mad since it ruins everything. Like OP said if you're Light or Neutral and your frame gets infected then enjoy using another frames. Once they're all infected either don't play the game or waste hours of time you spent on those two quests working towards Light/Neutral While everyone in moon sits here and couldn't care less because it can't affect them....

22 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

I know someone who has only picked neutral for all the choices from TWW and TGG. Even after the hotfix (19.5.3) his alignment is still siding towards moon instead of being perfect neutral.

Same thing happened to me pretty sure its a bug, the fix from 19.5.3 didn't actually work it's the second thing under "known bugs" here

Edited by Zortyx

25 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

I know someone who has only picked neutral for all the choices from TWW and TGG. Even after the hotfix (19.5.3) his alignment is still siding towards moon instead of being perfect neutral. Even says on the wiki page, and many many players have been making threads of this flawed system since TGG. It's not a bug from TGG this is an actual system DE added, and from the sounds of it people are getting pretty mad since it ruins everything. Like OP said if you're Light or Neutral and your frame gets infected then enjoy using another frames. Once they're all infected either don't play the game or waste hours of time you spent on those two quests working towards Light/Neutral While everyone in moon sits here and couldn't care less because it can't affect them....

I picked neutral, and I'm neutral, so either they're bugged, or I'm bugged, and I'm wagering it's them.

5 minutes ago, Zortyx said:

Same thing happened to me pretty sure its a bug, the fix from 19.5.3 didn't actually work it's the second thing under "known bugs" here

Even reading about the "known bugs" from what my friend told after TGG he stayed neutral that continued until we farmed Nidus so about a full day later w/o the alignment changing. It only started to side towards moon after he started infecting tons and tons of people. At this point there are so many threads talking about this one issue it's hard to believe this is just a bug. Seeing how the only way to make a Helminth charger requires you to get the virus it seems like a really flawed system DE made.

9 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

Even reading about the "known bugs" from what my friend told after TGG he stayed neutral that continued until we farmed Nidus so about a full day later w/o the alignment changing. It only started to side towards moon after he started infecting tons and tons of people.

Here's my reasoning for why i think its a bug because this is what happened to me it may or may not apply to your friend depending on when he completed the quest. I completed the quest the day it came out the alignment choices at the end were sun moon neutral, chose neutral stayed neutral turned off game went to sleep, next day hotfix comes out alignment changes to neutral dark, no interaction with nidus, the chair, other players i assume the choices are now sun neutral moon like TWW since this is the only thing i think would cause them to patch alignment, i get nidus start infecting/getting infected alignment has not changed to be further dark. I could be wrong though won't really know until 2017 when that fix goes out

Edited by Zortyx

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

I am infected and have infected others and my alignment has only been affected by the bugged TGG quest. So I have a feeling the infection altering alignment is a bug.

I really don't think so. It would be really, really good in terms of lore. Helping the infestation to spread, to be even stronger, even without knowing, is something that is truly wrong and not helping with the sworn balance of the system.

1st. It wouldn't change anything about the sun and moon. DE knows that it would be a stupid choice. If any believes it, I have to call them stupid. Many people like the light side and if you could just change your stance to dark by just infecting others is complete bull. If you wanted to stay in the light stance, you'd have to stop playing such WARFRAME. DE would never make that an option.

2nd. I kinda see your point on the matter. I dont like the idea of all the frames other than nidus being affected. The charger is the only thing we got from it so the bulge on the neck makes no sense for all warframes. I think you should be able to 1. Get the charger through nidus. 2.Get him infected again, and Lastly 3. Put the ending sirum in a cup or jar so you can hold onto it or save it for any future time you need it. 

8 minutes ago, Killersguns said:

1st. It wouldn't change anything about the sun and moon. DE knows that it would be a stupid choice. If any believes it, I have to call them stupid. Many people like the light side and if you could just change your stance to dark by just infecting others is complete bull. If you wanted to stay in the light stance, you'd have to stop playing such WARFRAME. DE would never make that an option.

2nd. I kinda see your point on the matter. I dont like the idea of all the frames other than nidus being affected. The charger is the only thing we got from it so the bulge on the neck makes no sense for all warframes. I think you should be able to 1. Get the charger through nidus. 2.Get him infected again, and Lastly 3. Put the ending sirum in a cup or jar so you can hold onto it or save it for any future time you need it. 

Try not to insult anyone on the forums, specially them, even hypothetically, as it would be DEveloper bashing.

Also, I have avoided using any infected frame, and I already know about the bug with the alignment in TGG, but that was fixed, and now (since I did it once it was fixed and kept my perfect neutral) there are still people getting dragged to moon because of something, and while the wiki AND the forums are weirdly split between if "it does" and "it doesn't" affect the alignment, truly, half the claims say so, and half of them should be enough to take preventive measures.

If it isn't an actual feature, and is a bug that DE forgot to fix, then it COULD be ok, they could always fix it AND release a script that resets the alignment depending on the choices as displayed in the twisted branches below it (which do show the neutral dot, the sun flame and the night swirl depending on the choices). The actual problems comes from it being a feature, as DE didn't say anything regarding the infestation, nor if it was harmless or if it changed the alignment, so until DE actually steps in and clarifies, players are left with whatever is happening.

I'm not willing to have my alignment changed due to some arbitrary half added feature, so I will have to avoid using the infected frames which, at this point, are a lot, including both standard and prime variants of some including volt and ash, and some I don't have the prime yet like valkyr and nekros, which s*cks b*lls since now I can't use them without falling prey to the alignment change IF it is a thing, which I must act as it was, eve if it isn't, since there's no proof.

And before you tell me it is cured when you make the pet, don't come up to me with that lame excuse, because having 20 frames infected would mean I have to breed 20 chargers at least, and I don't have the time to wait for each to mature and sell, nor I have the plat to speed it up, since let's be honest, depending on your playstyle you can get a bunch infested in one day, just like it happened to me.

Sorry if it got too long, I'm just really pissed off at their indifference with it.

TL;DR: DE should clarify what the cyst actually does and/or add the other half of the system where you can cure it.

I just want to add that "DE will implement a system to change your aligment anytime you want" is not a valid argument and reason to just ruin everyone's aligment for the heck of it. It's just unnecessary plus work for us. I didn't stay neutral so it can get ruined and later I'll have to replay all quests........