Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can X/Square maybe get a secondary 'hold the button' feature?

(XBOX)NoriYuki Sato

Let me explain. In higher level missions/Sorties, etc., I sometimes like to use my secondary to keep things interesting. Well, reloading my secondary, while playing "protect the moving operative" means that half the time, he takes my weapon, because he walked up behind me while attempting to reload. This happened at least 3 times each wave in last night's Sortie.

This is also an issue when attempting to reload in a Survival mission. You can accidentally trigger a life support pod. Could we potentially see a fix to where "reload" is press like normal and to give a weapon, or activate life support, is holding the button?

Also, when attempting to revive someone under a zip line, 9/10 times you jump up the zip line, rather than revive, which as we all know, can screw over a mission.

I know this likely isn't an issue on PC, but on console it can be the difference between survival and death in higher levels. It also keeps me from wanting to murder the operative.

Edited by (XB1)NoriYuki Sato

Sounds like you have the "context action includes reload" option on. It's enabled by default. Try turning it off in your options and it might be less of a pain doing all that.

The zip line shenanigans  is its own issue that needs fixing so I understand where you're coming from there.

Edited by (PS4)VanTX89

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:35 PM, (PS4)VanTX89 said:

Sounds like you have the "context action includes reload" option on. It's enabled by default. Try turning it off in your options and it might be less of a pain doing all that.

The issue there is you can no longer manually reload. That's something I've been doing since CoD 2. No enemies? Reload to prep for the next group. Not being able to manually reload can be a very bad thing in Sorties and Trials. For now, at least, we'll just have to deal with context issues. Thank you for the advice, though. :) I tried it out, and was not a fan.

to solve this i changed my mapping :

X is reload only

B is now context action

R3 is now melee

Pad left is now secondary fire

works like a charm, clicking the right joystick for melee is also better than B with maiming strike, cause your thumb never leaves the joystick while sliding/melee. 

;)

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:55 AM, (Xbox One)Oo KILIMAN oO said:

B is now context action

R3 is now melee

Pad left is now secondary fire

works like a charm, clicking the right joystick for melee is also better than B with maiming strike, cause your thumb never leaves the joystick while sliding/melee. 

;)

I honestly, I can't stand when R3 is melee. If I can't change it in games, I have a hard time playing them. Also, I use my d-pad to cycle powers. I tend to use 2 powers on every frame, and it's much easier for me to switch 3-4 then trying to memorize which quick-key it is while holding the bumper.

That's my personal play style and preference. I'm not trying to discount your method, however, as your style would work for those much less picky than myself. ;)

• 3 weeks later...