Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

can we talk about the synoid simulor?

issh0man

i know this is a common topic and a very much discussed thing among players, but this weapon is just becoming wildly frustrating at this point. i used to think otherwise but its just getting unreasonable.

like a lot of users, i use akkad to farm for xp, and i do actually try to fight enemies (save for when i'm trinity) but synoid abuse makes it literally impossible, so me and two others are stuck standing around attempting to fire at enemies before they get sucked into the vortex but it often becomes futile and pointless in even trying anymore.

Spoiler

PxmW9K9.jpg

this is so wild and annoying! :( i don't know if nerfed is the right word to use, i just want something to be done so that it can't be so abused to this extent. it makes the game boring and repetitive. once you hear the sound of one firing off you already figure there's no point in trying so you don't.

5 minutes ago, issh0man said:

like a lot of users, i use akkad to farm for xp, and i do actually try to fight enemies (save for when i'm trinity) but synoid abuse makes it literally impossible,

You get just as much XP by doing nothing as the player killing. If you strategically equip just 1 weapon for XP then that weapon gets even more than the player killing everything (75% XP vs 50% XP).

1 minute ago, cx-dave said:

You get just as much XP by doing nothing as the player killing. If you strategically equip just 1 weapon for XP then that weapon gets even more than the player killing everything (75% XP vs 50% XP).

that's....not the point i'm trying to make? i don't go into missions to stand around idly, i want to be part of the fight too but the synoid makes it difficult and nearly impossible at times.

1 minute ago, cx-dave said:

Go Ember and take an Equinox with 80% power buff with you. The Simulor guy will have nothing to shoot at :)

Still not getting what issh0man is saying. You suggest to fight problem by becoming the problem.

Just now, Prany said:

Still not getting what issh0man is saying. You suggest to fight problem by becoming the problem.

"Fight fire with fire", as it were...

Honestly, Scrubulor is on the back burner for me. My big complaint right now is the telos boltace.

Two things that fix the Simulor: tweak/remove the sound and let the vortexes explode automatically after 1 second(after merging), because

99% of the player base is too stupid/ignorant to press alt fire to prevent these things from hanging in the air forever.

Besides that i have no problem whatsoever with that weapon, i rather love to get a mission done as fast as possible

because a Mirage with Simulor shows up...

Edited by O.O_

Yup. Ember's 4, Volt/Valkyr/Pretty much any frame with the Telos Boltace and a slide attack macro, the SynSim, or worst of all, the MiraMulor combo, all of these things need to be reworked in some way. They're just too brainless, too easy, and they prevent the rest of the squad from having fun.

Edited by Jackviator

5 minutes ago, Prany said:

After it's nerfed you're going to complain about someone killing everything on Akkad with the Atterax...and then the next whatever weapon, etc.

I think that Simulor is fine, so long as it's not in the hands of Mirage. With Mirage, it goes completely nuts. I'd rather have her ability reworked in a way that stops problems she causes when using certain weapons, especially those that don't just kill enemies, but also kill your performance.

6 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

Yup. Ember's 4, Volt/Valkyr/Pretty much any frame with the Telos Boltace and a slide attack macro, the SynSim, or worst of all, the MiraMulor combo, all of these things need to be reworked in some way. They're just too brainless, too easy, and they prevent the rest of the squad from having fun.

if you don't mind me asking, what's the telos boltace thing i've seen a few mention? i've never seen it before (or maybe i have, i'm not sure), and i main valkyr but haven't heard of it.

9 minutes ago, O.O_ said:

Two things that fix the Simulor: tweak/remove the sound and let the vortexes explode automatically after 1 second, because

99% of the player base is too stupid/ignorant to press alt fire to prevent these things from hanging in the air forever.

Besides that i have no problem whatsoever with that weapon, i rather love to get a mission done as fast as possible

because a Mirage with Simulor shows up...

i would absolutely love if the vortexes exploded automatically after a few seconds (1 might be too short then simulor mains would be unhappy about having to shoot a lot more/run out of ammo), because it is unbelievably frustrating when those orbs don't explode. 

Players want to farm xp the fastest way possible, so that they can put another forma or level up another weapon, so logically they will bring the fastest ways (frames/weapons) to reach that goal. It's a problem where calling for a nerf of the Synoid Simulor or just asking for something to be done about it can lead to two things: THE SYNOID REBELLION OF 2017 or the players will just use Embers, Banshees, Telos Boltace or the next big thing to kill things faster (And trust me, with a Banshee Resonating Quake you will see very few enemies and you will beg for the Synoid players to come back).

One solution is that you pick other xp farming locations, but that means fewer players( they all tend to gather on the high xp farming locations) and slow xp farming and I'm guessing you go to Akkad for the easiest and fastest way to get xp, like everybody else. Or you could go to Akkad and go to the corridors and stay within the Tenno affinity reach but you will feel... how can I describe it... left out of the party and, in my opinion, those corridors are a little bit too narrow for a Tenno to do his "thing".

You can also abort and repeat until you find a squad without a Synoid Simulor or anything else that "...
 is so wild and annoying!"

So you are left with an intricate and difficult problem where the pain of a few (your dislike of Synoids Simulors in Akkad/general) are in direct conflict with the need of many (Synoid Simulor players in Akkad/ in general).

As you said before... "
i know this is a common topic and a very much discussed thing among players..." and nothing has changed, so it's better to adapt and evolve than to complain and do nothing.

3 minutes ago, Kalimeister said:

Players want to farm xp the fastest way possible, so that they can put another forma or level up another weapon, so logically they will bring the fastest ways (frames/weapons) to reach that goal. It's a problem where calling for a nerf of the Synoid Simulor or just asking for something to be done about it can lead to two things: THE SYNOID REBELLION OF 2017 or the players will just use Embers, Banshees, Telos Boltace or the next big thing to kill things faster (And trust me, with a Banshee Resonating Quake you will see very few enemies and you will beg for the Synoid players to come back).

One solution is that you pick other xp farming locations, but that means fewer players( they all tend to gather on the high xp farming locations) and slow xp farming and I'm guessing you go to Akkad for the easiest and fastest way to get xp, like everybody else. Or you could go to Akkad and go to the corridors and stay within the Tenno affinity reach but you will feel... how can I describe it... left out of the party and, in my opinion, those corridors are a little bit too narrow for a Tenno to do his "thing".

You can also abort and repeat until you find a squad without a Synoid Simulor or anything else that "...
 is so wild and annoying!"

So you are left with an intricate and difficult problem where the pain of a few (your dislike of Synoids Simulors in Akkad/general) are in direct conflict with the need of many (Synoid Simulor players in Akkad/ in general).

As you said before... "
i know this is a common topic and a very much discussed thing among players..." and nothing has changed, so it's better to adapt and evolve than to complain and do nothing.

so in other words despite many people talking about it and finding it a problem we should just deal with it rather than voicing our concerns and how it's making the game less enjoyable? got it.

you don't want to find a solution but instead shove people into different places rather than finding common ground among players, whereas a grand majority of those speaking about synoid abusers just want it so that it's not being abused, not for it to be taken away altogether. 

idk what "do nothing" looks like to you, but many people popping up and saying something is actually, y'know, doing something and an attempt to get devs to notice what they're saying. with that logic then there shouldn't be a feedback forum then, because "it's better to adapt and evolve than to complain and do nothing."

Many people talked about it, nothing was done in regard to your specific situation ( the SS abuse).

I gave you solutions (pick other xp farming locations, go to Akkad and go to the corridors and stay within the Tenno affinity reach, ou can also abort and repeat until you find a squad without a Synoid Simulor), that's what I meant with "adapt and evolve", not trying to troll. Finding common ground with this subject is a conundrum, but hey, hope is the last thing to die. 

"Do nothing", to me, means having a problem, complaining about it and don't even try to find or elaborate a theoretical or practical solution to solve it. 

12 minutes ago, issh0man said:

idk what "do nothing" looks like to you, but many people popping up and saying something is actually...

Many people popping up, stating newer problems with your idea of nerfing/reworking SS...

18 minutes ago, issh0man said:

... with that logic then there shouldn't be a feedback forum then...

That's a fallacy, because in this case, I'm only applying my logic to the subject in hand, where I know that the desire of the few will always clash with the needs of the many, as I stated before.

I won't start a back and forth discussion about this, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavour and a Happy New Year! 

Most people don't realize they can explode the vortex without having to wait for it to do so. I didn't know about this fact for a long while. And nerfing the weapon isn't the answer, rather change the mechanics i.e the sound and maybe a set timer for when they explode. But honestly, I love being able to choose when to blow up the vortexes. 

The synoid simulor isn't at fault it's the players. This weapon has made it bearable to farm in Hiercon and even then, the damage falls off the tougher the enemies become. So I do not support a nerf for this weapon. 

2 hours ago, issh0man said:

i know this is a common topic and a very much discussed thing among players, but this weapon is just becoming wildly frustrating at this point. i used to think otherwise but its just getting unreasonable.

like a lot of users, i use akkad to farm for xp, and i do actually try to fight enemies (save for when i'm trinity) but synoid abuse makes it literally impossible, so me and two others are stuck standing around attempting to fire at enemies before they get sucked into the vortex but it often becomes futile and pointless in even trying anymore.

Reveal hidden contents

PxmW9K9.jpg

this is so wild and annoying! :( i don't know if nerfed is the right word to use, i just want something to be done so that it can't be so abused to this extent. it makes the game boring and repetitive. once you hear the sound of one firing off you already figure there's no point in trying so you don't.

Important words you mentioned here, "Common Topic" & "Wild and annoying". So what does this mean in general? People moan and get over it. If you don't like the squad you are in, quit or extract.

1 hour ago, Jackviator said:

Based on your opinion, don't speak for or assume the rest of the 28mil "brainless" users feel the same way.

I don't agree with the OP's arguments.

1. There are things that can "suck" things into vortices (Vauban's Vortex) or otherwise "ragdoll" enemies (Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm) and therefore make enemies harder to simply shoot and kill.
  2. The Mirage + Simular exists for a reason: to kill as quickly and efficiently as possible. Nerf this combo, and I guarantee that players will find other ways to kill efficiently. Then where does the nerfing end? Nerfing will also cause salt.
  3. If you can't kill as well as someone else (such as Mirage + Simulor), maybe you should join a different squad or play a different role (like support).

30 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:

I don't agree with the OP's arguments.

1. There are things that can "suck" things into vortices (Vauban's Vortex) or otherwise "ragdoll" enemies (Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm) and therefore make enemies harder to simply shoot and kill.
  2. The Mirage + Simular exists for a reason: to kill as quickly and efficiently as possible. Nerf this combo, and I guarantee that players will find other ways to kill efficiently. Then where does the nerfing end? Nerfing will also cause salt.
  3. If you can't kill as well as someone else (such as Mirage + Simulor), maybe you should join a different squad or play a different role (like support).

1. I can see your point with Hydroid (a warframe you see once in 10000 public games), but Vortex just bunches enemies up into one big ball. Shoot the ball, kill them all. Don't see how it's hard to hit them.

2. Okay, let's bring back the old Mesa+Mag(Greedy Pull) back, so they can be even more effective. You know what's best? This strategy doesn't even need any of the players to be at the keyboard if the Mesa clamps down the fire button and the Mag makes a macro to keep using pull. But Mesa was nerfed so horribly! She's completely useless now!

3. You do realize that there is no point in playing a supporting Warframe if there is nothing that needs supporting. The whole point of this thread is that there is nothing to do for a player if there is a Mirage spamming the Simulor.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

I used to hate the Synoid Simulor because I couldn't kill anything... until I got myself a Synoid Simulor. Now I love it. Maybe you should get yourself a Synoid Simulor. 

i've already got one, thanks tho. :satisfied:

9 minutes ago, Tyrian3k said:

1. I can see your point with Hydroid (a warframe you see once in 10000 public games), but Vortex just bunches enemies up into one big ball. Shoot the ball, kill them all. Don't see how it's hard to hit them.

2. Okay, let's bring back the old Mesa+Mag(Greedy Pull) back, so they can be even more effective. You know what's best? This strategy doesn't even need any of the players to be at the keyboard if the Mesa clamps down the fire button and the Mag makes a macro to keep using pull. But Mesa was nerfed so horribly! She's completely useless now!

3. You do realize that there is no point in playing a supporting Warframe if there is nothing that needs supporting. The whole point of this thread is that there is nothing to do for a player if there is a Mirage spamming the Simulor.

thank you!! i have never had issues with hydroid because his ult is not abused, and there's a HUGE difference between abilities and weapons, and not to mention hydroid as well as banshee are not hugely played warframes.

on top of this i'm seeing a lot of "just leave" idk about anyone else but i'm working on my completion vs quit ratio and leaving each time someone has a simulor (lets face it, its A LOT) my quit rate would be wildly high.

i literally said in the OP that i don't think nerf is the right word, i don't even want the weapon itself to be nerfed, i just want something to be in place so that it's not abused and so that i actually have something to do in missions when a synoid player pops up. playing a support role won't fix anything considering that all the enemies get sucked up and killed instantly, there's nothing to cast EV on. if you main synoid, more power to you! i just want the weapon to stop being abused and sucking the fun out of missions for myself and others.

I have been a Synoid Simulor user for a long time... [btw, I always used alt fire to make the orb explode once they did their job]

Yet recently I'm changing my 2 forma Synoid Simulor for my 5 forma Ignis (of which I have to be proud, because it was a pain to level five times) ... and why?

Three reasons:

- Less pew pew sound

- I just hold click and barely point

- Ignis can damage thru walls, so I didn't lose that

I will still kill everything nearby me, anyway. I don't play regulary play akkad (unless helping somebody farm, or an alert there), it is too small for me.

---

Why are you playing in a small map? Could it be because you want all the kills nearby to get XP fast? Synoid Simulor is perfect for that.

On the other hand, if this is too small a challenge, perhaps you could move to Derrelict, would that help?

---

Ok, let's talk Simulor. What if they nerf it? you will either get nothing or a bunch of unhappy ex-user of simulor.

What if they add some drawback, such as self-damage? It may restrict its use, then again self-damage can be exploited (eg: Rage).

And what next? People may migrate to Ignis and Amprex, give these to a Mirage and cry.

What if you keep nerfing? People would complain about the nerfs, complain about the grind being harder, and ultimately leave the game. I guess that's win for you?

---

Can we talk Mirage?

Hall of Malevolence

Why? Mirage didn't need this o.o - Power creep is what you see, in particular warframe specific augments are hard to balance.

27 minutes ago, theraot said:

Why are you playing in a small map? Could it be because you want all the kills nearby to get XP fast? Synoid Simulor is perfect for that.

On the other hand, if this is too small a challenge, perhaps you could move to Derrelict, would that help?

---

Ok, let's talk Simulor. What if they nerf it? you will either get nothing or a bunch of unhappy ex-user of simulor.

What if they add some drawback, such as self-damage? It may restrict its use, then again self-damage can be exploited (eg: Rage).

And what next? People may migrate to Ignis and Amprex, give these to a Mirage and cry.

What if you keep nerfing? People would complain about the nerfs, complain about the grind being harder, and ultimately leave the game. I guess that's win for you?

hi, i appreciate your reply! :D

i personally play akkad because i enjoy the smaller map, its easier for me to run and pick up drops as well as see everything that's going on around me and get to other players easily if they happen to go down. i prefer akkad especially if i'm playing as trinity as it's much easier to make sure everyone is being effected by EV + blessing. i would be willing to try the derelict, i just use akkad as my go-to since it's a lot simpler and so many people play it that it's very easy to get a squad quickly.

as for the simulor, i genuinely do not want it to be nerfed, i personally do love the weapon, i just get frustrated when i go into the mission and it's just me and two others standing around doing nothing since the enemies are being sucked in by 3 different vortexes. ;; i guess nerfing it would be the only way to solve the abuse issue, but i don't want anything huge to be taken from it. the damage is nice, it's good for CC when it gets wildly hectic, but when it's calm and you're waiting for the enemies and the moment they step foot into the arena and they get sucked up, it becomes boring and less fun. a lot of players don't explode their orbs either, which i find frustrating too.

and goodness no i don't want people to leave the game, i just want the playing experience to be more enjoyable. it's already boring having to grind for xp itself, and going into a mission and doing nothing just adds onto it. :( it might be enjoyable for the synoid player, but not everyone is bringing a synoid into the mission.

i hope i've made more sense and i'm very sorry if i came off as aggressive towards anyone or in general, that wasn't my intent at all. i genuinely just want everyone to be happy (which is impossible, i know) but just leaving doesn't solve the problem for anybody.