The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ye old feedback

theraot

Bringing back some topics just to make sure they are not lost in the past...

Exclusive and time limited weapons should return

I'm in favor of them returning if the people who got them initially also get a new skin / design for them... that way newer players can get the exclusive gear (or at least mechanically equivalent gear) while the users with the original keep the exclusive status (even if cosmetic only). Note: I'm biased, there some no-longer-available weapons I want.

More Video options

There are some graphical effects that can be annoying that may be worh to allow to disable individually, also with the advent of improved graphics (I'm thinking fog and volumetric light) also comes the demise of old hardware... Note: I have a better GPU now, regardless this shouldn't prevent entry for players with lower specs.

Extracting from endless missions / leave the squad behind

This one is polemic, as DE knows endless missions are always a negotiation of how much people will stay. On the other hand if a player need to leave because of an unexpected situation IRL and the rest player can continue it shouldn't force that player to quit the mission and lose all that was acquired.

I had once a thread suggesting a way to extract early... this time I want to suggest a compromise: "Look at what our tenno operative just found" in lore means that this loot was found elsewhere, I think these rewards shouldn't be lost if the missions is failed or if we abort the mission, failed migration (or lost connection or whatever).

On the other hand I had sometimes reasons to stay, for example I was looking for those syndicate thingies while the other player wanted to extract, in that case there is a timer... ok, let that timer get to zero and then ASK the players that are not in extraction if they want to extract or stay.

Self damage

There have been thread suggesting to remove or to rework self damage. For me that means that there are weapons that cause self damage that people avoid to use because of that... also, sometimes what has and what doesn't have self damage makes little sense thematically...

I want to suggest self damage reduction as a mod, and to review what should and what shouldn't have self damage.

Currently I'm using self damage for my advantage (no, it is not trinity), and I think that if you can't properly avoid or take advantage of self damage you shouldn't be using a weapon that has it.

Friendly Fire

What you know? There is technology in the system that allows to neglet all warframe skills and weapons (Kuva) - so that could work as an explanation to how friendly fire doesn't happen in the game, and also of how it could happen in the game. I know this was tried out recently... yet, there is no reason for it to never come back. So, people hated friendly fire (even if some people actually suggested it because we are OP) it just have to be an optional thing you take for a greater reward - perhaps something like the dragon keys?

Conclave Rewards

A repeated suggestion is to have conclave rewards work in PvE, or at least to some extend.

I don't play warframe to be competitive (I would be playing something else), so Conclave doesn't really attract me... so, I agree with this feedback.

Quest replay

This should be allowed for all quests. Also I believe some rewards should be allowed to gain again if we have sold (or simply don't have in inventory) the original ones.

Bigger maps

There have been some work on this, by giving us a few bigger tiles. What people want is the feel of a open world, we are not even close to that.

On a similar note a better integration with archwing has also been suggested... for example what about jumping to a pit to deploy archwing? Since the WW had land to archwing transition there were places in the kuve fortress where I expected to be able to jump to get archwings... nope.

Weapon Preview

Digging deep in the forums I have found the idea of having a preview of a weapon before we buy. I think this can work in Simulacrum, what do you think?

Weapon filters and ordering

At least add the option to reverse the oder. So we don't see the most used but the least used, So we don't see the those with more forma bu those with less, So we don't see those with more rank but those with less. That would help us find those weapons we need to level up, or to identify what weapons we don't really use and may be willing to sell.

An extended tutorial

After the tutorial ends... there is stuff that the player is yet to be introduced to, such as using the (now labelless) chat, what are sentiles, how to buy and craft blueprints, where does mastery come from... perhaps it is all there, but who told you to search in the codex? At bare minimun we could have Ordis telling you that you can search there if you don't know something, and also have some hint to where to recruit and where to trade.

Equip nothing (Completely unarmed combat)

That would be to play without primary, secundary or melee... it should lead to using warframe fists. It could also be allowed to do this is we don't have one of the weapons equiped (say, in a secundary only missions, switching to melee could allow to use your fists).

More Cyphers

We only have two, one for Grineer and one for Corpus / Orokin - Orokin should have their own, even if only a reskin of the one that Corpus uses... also, I would like to see Sentient introduce an new one.

Camera Modes

Playing in VR would benefit from a first person view, while a camera further away would help with screen shots.

Kicking Players

Have been suggested over and over... there are some avantages of a "leecher". For instance since they need to not stay afk if they want something, they are giving their aura, also they would cause the game to spawn more enemies (sometimes solo spawn rates are low). Yet, if a player is being annoying I can see why we may want to kick. Although I believe that that is only a problem on endless missions and if we have our "Look at what our tenno operative just found" saved regardless, I'll quit before I kick.

Cover System

This one also have come up from time to time.

We kind of have it, since the aim from the third person camera, we can position the warframe in such way that it is in cover but will still be able to shoot... yet it can be tricky, with bullets hitting just in from of the warframe. This argument can be used to say that if first person camera is added we would need the cover system.

Aside from that, I'll just say that I'm against it.

Other random stuff people ask about

Huamea and  Makemake as new playable planets (hey, pluto is a planet in warframe)
- Less Grind, 
Threads asking for less grind go back for years
- Forma, rework forma, rework forma again
- A better capture, a better surival, etc...
- Fuse v̶o̶i̶d̶ ̶k̶e̶y̶s̶  I mean, relics. There are threads about fusing void keys dating back to 2013
- Better AI (for kubrows / kavats / specters / rescue target / the wandering defense target)
- More slots, this seems to date back to 2014
- Add XYZ mission type
- Some new way to earn plat in the game