The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HEMA Final Word - No Mutagen Drop or Cost change

Ciaus

Feels like they do not appreciate their community any longer.
Instead of entertain (what MMO supose to do), this game forces me to play (grind) more and more. It requires the same amount of time and efforts as my work does. And there is no fun or worthable entertainment anymore. All we get is just some cosmetics (tennogen for real money btw, in-game shop stuff was abandoned for ages. Not counting deluxe), some weapons (most of them are mastery folder stuff)  and new sources of grind without any possible alternative (not counting pay2win). Nothing was done about balance (do not even try to say a word about rivens, they bring 0 balance), matchmaking (which still works bad), core mechanics etc.
Really, i've starting to lose the desire to play this game, to be the part of this game. Now, all i see is time/money/efforts leecher living under the name of the old glory. And i would probably fine with it, if i could see how this game getting better using my resources. But it doesn't.

#SaltySadDisappointed :D

P.S. I do realize this topic is not about Hema itself. It is about developers policy forcing people to do more for the same (or even less) reward.

Edited by WhyNotBro

2 hours ago, Magnar21 said:

DE confirmed that the research costs are not a mistake, are intended, and will not be changed. Going forward, however, they will try to keep costs more reasonable for research/building, and implement a better way to acquire the mutagen.

I'm gonna punch you in the face.

I promise after I do so, I won't do it again. But I'm gonna do it.

"Clans that have sucked it up and went hardcore to get this thing have earned it and do not deserve for us to say 'ah just kidding, it's less now.'"

They basically did say that when they moved arch-gun parts to syndicate offerings in SotR for everyone to just buy it for rep after people had spent days farming them on the nightmarish archwing defense, hoping to get a single part every 40 minutes or so. They did say that when they put gold parkour mods in jesters' drop tables after people had farmed them on Uranus, for days, too, thoroughly searching the whole map for caches for a tiny chance of getting a mod, and now every tenth jester drops a Lightning Dash. They said that when they gave that non-existent sword and shield stance to a grove specter with an extremely high drop chance that I, for one, had spent weeks on getting before TSG.

It's just that this "we won't change the cost to honor the players who researched it" sounds really unbelievable and rather toxic at this moment, and it's the only thing they keep repeating for almost a month. If they really wanted to honor the players they'd actually give them some sort of replacement for the samples and changing the cost wouldn't actually hurt, but they just don't want to change the cost, period. Oh, and the fact that mutagen drops won't be changed in any way, on top of all that, is just ridiculous. No way I'm going to the glorified derelict without both resource boosters, and even then it's going to take days of non-stop farming.

Their reasoning is what worries me the most. As I've said elsewhere, one of the things that made Warframe what it is is not being afraid to scrap something to make it better or new.  Whether what they were scrapping was good or bad, they didn't worry about things like invalidating the time players have put into things, they'd do a small refund and move on with the new system. Stamina, ability mods, all gone in favor of newer systems. 

They admit they made a mistake with Hema, and yet they don't want to fix it because it will "invalidate the work players have done." I've finished research for my Dojo, I don't mind if it gets reduced. They walked back on the idea of removing mandatory damage mods in Damage 3.0 for the same reason, "people worked for serration, etc." Once again, I don't mind if it goes the way of the dodo, so long as we get something new and hopefully better.

Refusing to change so they don't get rid of the work players had to do "back in the day" doesn't feel like Warframe to me, it feels like stagnation. 

Edited by Gelkor

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

I'm confused because Steve said it's raining samples in the derelict. But he said it like the change already came. Anyone went into the derelict and see if it was "raining" samples?

Derelict has a high sample drop rate compared to the rest of the infested tiles where it can drop. IE: In Eris 2 may drop in a whole hour. In a farming group in ODD with boosters you can commonly get close to 10 per wave, ~400 in 40 waves.

25 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Stevie said it was "raining" mut samples in the derelict..lol eehemm someone doesnt play his own game. :facepalm: 

Bring a Nekros and Hydroid, they'll be raining.

A single solo 20 minute ODS runs with my Nekros yeilds anywhere between 90-150 depending on RNG and how good of spawns I get.

19 minutes ago, Raymexodus said:

Do you honestly think DE would place more weapons under the Hema research considering how they've acknowledged the extremity of the cost?

Until they do, I stand by my point, you Tenno baby.

Yes. Yes, I do believe they would, as 'encouragement' for all the solo clans that haven't researched Hema yet.

Well, when DE needs the salt to pour, they certainly know how to make it rain...

Its like they are out of touch with their player base, and have no idea how much this has broken apart casual clans and warframe friendships.

But hey, this is all to appease those so called first people, right?

Just like they did and continue to do with primed chamber.

Edited by kitsu

So no drop chances = Hema not worth it..... if you go in ODD and make a 50 waves run you get yourself with ~172 samples(without boosters ofc)... 1.8k runs of 50 waves and you'll get 306.000 samples with 170 samples each 50 waves... that's a lot of days. Basically Hema research is NOT WORTH IT right now since they didn't do nothing about it. A lot of saltiness from DE...

Edited by ShadowNumb

27 minutes ago, Raymexodus said:

This period will forever be remembered in Tenno history as the period where the biggest group of collective Tenno babies didn't get what they want.

Confirmation that this was only a single mistake and that DE will never do it again

FIFY. That's what we really want. The Hema is the mistake, the REAL problem is that DE will somehow consider it acceptable

If the Hema actually becomes cheaper, that's basically automatic confirmation that DE learned their lesson

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

FIFY. That's what we really want. The Hema is the mistake, the REAL problem is that DE will somehow consider it acceptable

If the Hema actually becomes cheaper, that's basically automatic confirmation that DE learned their lesson

directly from le devstream 85 overview,

"

Hema Resource Costs

For those not in the know, the Hema is a Clan-researched weapon that was requires a lot of Mutagen Samples to obtain. After listening to all of the community feedback on this issue, we are leaving the cost as-is, but we’ll be revisiting how Mutagen is accessed overall in drops.

We do want to continue the trend of making the odd weapon require some hunting at launch, especially for Clan Tech, but we will be cognisant to not go this extreme in the future."

take their word for it or don't, the non-constructive DE bashing won't change a thing

3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

And what lesson is there to be learned? The other researches were far too easy?

Don't get me wrong the way hey multiply the costs isn't the best way to do it but on the flip side people could cheat the system  in other ways if they didn't.

2 minutes ago, mobilehacker said:

Guys, idk what all of you are doing, my Ghost clan has already researched the Hema, long time ago, and we have at max 10 players active. Why in the world the cost is too high for you? You dont play or what?

Dude, your clan is MAXED OUT for its size, of course it was easier for you guys! Imagine the higher tier clans that require, for the biggest ones, 500,000 samples but may NOT have 1000 active members.

You ... do know that bigger clans have multipliers on the research costs, right?

Just now, Raymexodus said:

We do want to continue the trend of making the odd weapon require some hunting at launch, especially for Clan Tech, but we will be cognisant to not go this extreme in the future."

take their word for it or don't, the non-constructive DE bashing won't change a thing

I am mostly convinced, and I personally have taken a LOT of deep breaths today to stay as non-toxic as possible

But a promise doesn't mean much if there hasn't even been a chance to prove it was genuine. And the forums want to be darn well sure DE gets the message in the meantime