Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reddit v. Forums

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

Do you believe warframe Reddit is somehow a better environment for discussion then warframe forums ? Between all the censorship & knights or is Reddit just as bad as the forums ? I don't have much experience on Reddit but a certain youtuber did mention this so I was wondering 

Ps. I mean we all come on to the forums to speak about a game we love & we only give feedback because we want to keep loving this game. The forums are a place where we can be heard. There's been a lot of complaints/criticism lately more than usual & with that there's been a lot more ignoring on the devs side , that alone is dangerous.

I know me personally log in and log out just for the login rewards , I won't speak for anyone else. I appreciate the openness of the devs when it comes to experimenting with new systems , but you have to flesh them out completely. 

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

If you love to complain about the game and make personal attacks against anyone who disagree's, the subreddit is perfect for you.

If you like complaining about the game productively in a way that will actually help, while dealing with the guys who just want to complain, the forums is for you.

If you actually enjoy the game, and don't want to complain all the time, use different forums.

The reddit is a lot more openly critical, in a which can be both unhelpful (i.e. very negative and very hard on DE) but also more honest than the forums (DE don't moderate the subreddit, so players are quite free to say "Hey, DE just f**ked up really badly! Look at this!" without having to be concerned so much that their thread will mysteriously be reassigned to a different forum or different thread.)

If DE choose only to pay attention to feedback on their own forum, they make a mistake by doing so.

5 minutes ago, Zamio said:

If you love to complain about the game and make personal attacks against anyone who disagree's, the subreddit is perfect for you.

If you like complaining about the game productively in a way that will actually help, while dealing with the guys who just want to complain, the forums is for you.

If you actually enjoy the game, and don't want to complain all the time, use different forums.

I believe that's an immature way of looking at it , because things aren't black & white . Not everyone on Reddit will throw personal attacks & it's wrong to think so . Both sides have their pros and cons 

Just now, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I believe that's an immature way of looking at it , because things aren't black & white . Not everyone on Reddit will throw personal attacks & it's wrong to think so . Both sides have their pros and cons 

But it's true. Go look at the sub right now. Due to the way reddit is set up, unpopular opinions are downvoted and sent to the bottom while popular ones are upvoted. The current popular opinion is that DE is bad, never listen, WF is bad, etc etc. Thus you will see these opinions repeated repeatedly, because that's how reddit works. The unpopular opinion is that the situation is fine or that it doesn't matter, thus is gets downvoted.

This is literally how reddit works, its not immature. Unpopular opinions get downvoted, popular ones get upvoted, so you see the popular ones regularly.

9 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The reddit is a lot more openly critical, in a which can be both unhelpful (i.e. very negative and very hard on DE) but also more honest than the forums (DE don't moderate the subreddit, so players are quite free to say "Hey, DE just f**ked up really badly! Look at this!" without having to be concerned so much that their thread will mysteriously be reassigned to a different forum or different thread.)

If DE choose only to pay attention to feedback on their own forum, they make a mistake by doing so.

But it's true. Go look at the sub right now. Due to the way reddit is set up, unpopular opinions are downvoted and sent to the bottom while popular ones are upvoted. The current popular opinion is that DE is bad, never listen, WF is bad, etc etc. Thus you will see these opinions repeated repeatedly, because that's how reddit works. The unpopular opinion is that the situation is fine or that it doesn't matter, thus is gets downvoted.

This is literally how reddit works, its not immature. Unpopular opinions get downvoted, popular ones get upvoted, so you see the popular ones regularly.

Well this guy "born with teeth" here doesn't seem to agree with you . Like I said there's pros and cons . Being openly critical is probably more sensitive than censorship but it gets the job done . 

I believe devs need to be less sensitive & translate what the players are actually saying instead of only hearing "dev bashing"  & cutting else everything out .

The reddit is far more open with much less restriction of content. However it tends to swing and circle-jerk ideas quickly, like it's suffering from bipolar disorder. One day their praising DE, the next is a rant post and so on. The forums however are much stricter, and occasionally unrightfully strict.

But if you prefer having a more tame discussion here would be somewhat better. If you prefer a more open discussion, head to reddit.

Neither of these mediums are objectively better, but both tend to diss eachother about their shortcomings.

That actually is immature. Listening to all opinions is maturity.

Only listening to what you want to hear is how you end up with anti-vacxers.

1 minute ago, pauli133 said:

On the one hand, I dislike reddit. On the other hand, bugs reported on reddit seem to get addressed faster than bugs reported here, and redditors can safely call out issues with evidence that could get you banned on the official forum.

I find claims like this odd. On our front page of the forums, we have quite a few complaint/issues threads which aren't banned. The forums is obviously not allergic to feedback. It's the format of the feedback that's the problem. If you have seen that sortie token thread, you'll see the example of a great bit of feedback. Whereas if you look at reddit's us vs Them (them being DE and anyone who likes DE), you can see why that kind of S#&$ gets shut down quickly here. Even when I get steamed defending DE my post will get deleted. The forums are properly moderated, while the subreddit isn't.

6 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

I believe Reddit is better.

Unlike here, people there aren't immediately dismissive about certain things.

Now excuse me while I go make a complaint thread about Nidus. The title will start with" HOW DARE YOU DE!".

The person who upvoted my comment clearly thought I was joking.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I believe devs need to be less sensitive & translate what the players are actually saying instead of only hearing "dev bashing"  & cutting else everything out

And I believe players should be respectful in their comments, both to other posters and the devs.

Why should anyone have to wade through insults to maybe find some relevant feedback?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Well this guy "born with teeth" here doesn't seem to agree with you . Like I said there's pros and cons . Being openly critical is probably more sensitive than censorship but it gets the job done . 

Umm...okay?

There's a difference between being critical and just being an &#!. You can find critical people on this forum on the front page. Reddit will insult people and say "b-b-but its the dev's fault we're like this!"

I believe devs need to be less sensitive & translate what the players are actually saying instead of only hearing "dev bashing"  & cutting else everything out .

The dev's are people too. You forget this really quickly, but people tend to shut down when your argument begins with calling them idiots. This is nothing to do with being sensitive, this is just respect for people who have provided you with hundreds of hours of entertainment. If you honestly think that talking to them in such a vitriolic manner is a good thing, I don't understand the point of making this thread as your mind is already set on whats the better place of discussion.

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

And I believe players should be respectful in their comments, both to other posters and the devs.

Why should anyone have to wade through insults to maybe find some relevant feedback?

Not everything is an insult.

How would you like it if the whole world found your country's most used word to be the most offensive thing ever?

That's what it's like being an Australian and saying our national words that starts with 'C'.

9 minutes ago, Klavinmour said:

That actually is immature. Listening to all opinions is maturity.

Only listening to what you want to hear is how you end up with anti-vacxers.

Excellent strawman.

DE should listen to all opinions, and they regularly do. I'm saying the way you put your opinion is what differentiates it from useful to vitriolic crap.

EDIT: Whoops may have misinterpreted your post...

The echo chamber that is reddit can be seen as immature because only 1 type of opinion is pushed up while the other type is pushed down and hidden. This forum lacks a method of showing disapproval, only approval, meaning that you are forced to say why you disapprove with someone rather than clicking a button to hide their opinion. This alone boosts this place far above the sub.

Edited by Zamio

9 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

The devs aren't just "anyone" they hold power . You don't see principals, mayors, generals, presidents crying everytime someone says something against them