Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Equinox Fix

malekas

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2017 at 6:52 PM, DreamsmithJane said:

There's a reason you lose progress when switching forms. It's because building up that progress by staying in one form comes with an associated cost. It is that opportunity cost that balances Equinox's ability to effectively be a "master of all trades" (contrasted with the usual "jack of all trades, master of none"). If you didn't lose progress, Equinox would go from being able to adapt to any situation, to simply being good at everything, all the time. As it is, in order to get Maim's crazy damage numbers, you need to be vulnerable by staying in day form. If you want to CC enemies, reduce incoming damage, and heal allies, you need to put off doing damage. This is by design. The full potential of both forms shouldn't be available all at once, and each shouldn't be unlocked by spending time in the other form.

I can see your point of Jack of all trades, master of none, however, can you at least agree that the pacify and provoke augment should at the least allow metamorphasis augment to not become worthless? Every other warframe augment is designed so that they can all be used on a neutral build and have a synergistic effect, Equinox in my opinion should be afforded this luxury.

The mend and maim thing I can understand, but pacify and provoke stacks should at the least be stored for the current aspect that it was gathered in, make them seperate stacks that hide in the background. On stream it has been said that she is basically 2/3 frames in one, tenno mode has the technology to keep warframe abilities saved up in the background; Equinox's other frame should be allowed to have her abilities similarily recorded on the back end as well. While in opposite form, the massive AoE doesnt need to be active, just let it be paused until that aspect is called out again. Or, even better, make Duality have the additional effect of being a grace period to swap back as long as the clone is out. The clone can record the stacks from the opposite aspect and allow for her to use her kit more synergistically.

On 1/31/2017 at 7:25 AM, Soketsu said:

:clem:

Let's be honnest, Equinox are not in urgent need to any repair, some frame recquire far more some help (Oberon, Zephir, Wukong, Hydroid...)

Equinox with a correct loadout can deal with lvl 120+ foes with not so much efforts.

And therein lies the problem. Equinox is the middle child; too powerful to merit getting bumped up to the next rework spot, but too weak to be truly gamebreaking. So this Warframe, which is only a hollow shell of what it could and should be, remains on the very bottom of the list of Warframes that are getting changes.

Good to see that some things don't change at all after an 8 month hiatus. Like how Equinox is still completely neglected. 

• 2 weeks later...

10D "Necro" But whatever.

The biggest problem, is that Using her 1 Turns OFF her auras, if using 1 detonated/used the effect, but left the auras on starting over from Zero in your new form she'd be comically better. Also, potentially make her 1 cheaper to cast, but cost more based on how many auras you have toggled (Say 5 energy to switch + 10 per active toggle) It already costs nothing to disable her auras anyways, so the cost of nuking or healing with her 4 for instance is just Activation + how long you left it on before releasing it

The other thing i agree with, Night form 4 (Obv mend mode) should passively regenerate health on allies, either as a pad-style burst every X seconds based on rank, Or a trickle of regen ala Rejuv. aura

Another bugbear, Unlike chroma, she has Zero tells as to what her default form is. the stance change thing seems to be bork't. We need an icon in the arsenal, or better yet, a toggle option to set her starting mode regardless of color.

It's neat, but i'd love to use my normal blue energy i use across my frames and start in day form (Healing is generally something i do only if absolutely necessary), rather than having to use basically neon teal to start in day mode. Fashionframe is Fashionframe after all.

Minor issues: Maim has insanely poor scaling at "Sane" stored damage marks, Mend as well, Pacify is far too weak since you generally don't want to get hit as squishy frames. Weak equilibrium is a neat idea on paper for a passive, but nearly useless in game - Weak rage and a building regen based on form would be better if you want to keep "Get hit to get buffed" a thing on her

Duality augment is basically useless because her 3 has a godly augment, we don't speak of the others. Unless we get one for her 4 that is similar to elemental sandstorm, and that would be OP as all get out if used right.

TLDR - Main problem is using her gimmick in practice toggles off auras and wastes time, Make her 1 leave them toggled on but just reset them to base as if they were just turned on, and some QOL fixes past that