Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Myconia: Infestation (OPEN IC RP)

Rakawan

1 hour ago, kyrozon said:

"Oh bloody hell!" Nomad swore, mostly at himself for letting his guard down. He quickly raised the lex prime pistol he carried around and fired two shots at the Ancient, before taking another 3 at the maggots. 

The Two shots blow holes in the Ancient. It's body disintegrates. Chargers flood into the corridor. The Airlocks slam shut, and sensors aboard your ships would detect growths spreading across the hulls.

Something silvery falls from around the Ancients neck, a metal tablet with some sort of image on it.

1 hour ago, FALSE.error said:

What is it talking about?

Xyrha turned around and noticed Nomad standing there.

After watching him fire off a few shots, she quickly used her abilities to pull the remaining maggots back before finishing them off with her Akvasto. 

The last maggot squeals and turns, trying to run away. It's squeaks are terrified.

A thought enters your mind. Why not let it go, what harm could it possibly do? It's just scared.

4 minutes ago, FALSE.error said:

What is it talking about?

Xyrha turned around and noticed Nomad standing there.

After watching him fire off a few shots, she quickly used her abilities to pull the remaining maggots back before finishing them off with her Akvasto. 

Nomad turns to the Mag Prime. "Thanks for the save."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Two shots blow holes in the Ancient. It's body disintegrates. Chargers flood into the corridor. The Airlocks slam shut, and sensors aboard your ships would detect growths spreading across the hulls.

Something silvery falls from around the Ancients neck, a metal tablet with some sort of image on it.

A small pop up came on Nomad's hud. "Oh great, those things are on my ship." He says, first running to the Ancient and picking up the metal tablet. 

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The last maggot squeals and turns, trying to run away. It's squeaks are terrified.

A thought enters your mind. Why not let it go, what harm could it possibly do? It's just scared.

1 minute ago, kyrozon said:

A small pop up came on Nomad's hud. "Oh great, those things are on my ship." He says, first running to the Ancient and picking up the metal tablet. 

Xyrha pointed her pistols at the maggot, but was distracted before she could fire. 

"They're invading our ships...?" She quickly checked her HUD and sent a message to her Ship's Celphalon, telling them to take off before the ship was damaged.

She glanced at Nomad curiously. "So what brought you here....?"

Xyrha pointed her pistols at the maggot, but was distracted before she could fire. 

"They're invading our ships...?" She quickly checked her HUD and sent a message to her Ship's Celphalon, telling them to take off before the ship was damaged.

Your ship manages to tear free.

The tablet shows a tall armored figure, almost like a Nyx, and an unknown warframe, heavily infested, appearing to argue over a child. warframes with x's over the eye lights lay scattered around them. There is corpus writing below and a crude sketch on the back of a box with legs and a neck.

6 minutes ago, FALSE.error said:

The tablet shows a tall armored figure, almost like a Nyx, and an unknown warframe, heavily infested, appearing to argue over a child. warframes with x's over the eye lights lay scattered around them. There is corpus writing below and a crude sketch on the back of a box with legs and a neck.

"My clan got a message from the council, they wanted someone on it. Ended up being me." Nomad replies as he starts pacing back towards the airlock, holding onto the metal tablet, the images on it disturbed him slightly, but now was not the time for that. "But I oughta get on my ship, before Saivyl gets damaged."

Edited by kyrozon

"My clan got a message from the council, they wanted someone on it. Ended up being me." Nomad replies as he starts pacing back towards the airlock, holding onto the metal tablet, the images on it disturbed him slightly, but now was not the time for that. "But I oughta get on my ship, before Saivyl gets damaged."

The Airlock is sealed shut. Explosive could probably open it, but would likely damage your ship.

Sensors show that your ship is partially anchored by infested growths. You will need to clear them first.

Something looms around the corner. It is just a maggot. Heavy footfalls meet your ears. Nothing but the soft pitter-patter of feet. Bone-chilling screams.... quiet shrieks... sound.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

The Airlock is sealed shut. Explosive could probably open it, but would likely damage your ship.

Sensors show that your ship is partially anchored by infested growths. You will need to clear them first.

Something looms around the corner. It is just a maggot. Heavy footfalls meet your ears. Nothing but the soft pitter-patter of feet. Bone-chilling screams.... quiet shrieks... sound.

Nomad turns to the sound of the footsteps, holding up the metal tablet and looking at it. "Is this something you want back? Or are you here to kill us off?"

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

9 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Nemesis? Could that be the name of the person in charge? 

"....Right..." Xyrha muttered, eyeing the tablet cautiously. "Good luck."

She returned her gaze towards the corridor and began to walk towards the other end, hoping to resume her search for answers.

The council sent someone over faster than I thought they would... This further complicates things...

2 minutes ago, FALSE.error said:

Nemesis? Could that be the name of the person in charge? 

"....Right..." Xyrha muttered, eyeing the tablet cautiously. "Good luck."

She returned her gaze towards the corridor and began to walk towards the other end, hoping to resume her search for answers.

The council sent someone over faster than I thought they would... This further complicates things...

6 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Nomad turns to the sound of the footsteps, holding up the metal tablet and looking at it. "Is this something you want back? Or are you here to kill us off?"

Several sharp things shred through the frame, downing it. One lodges in Nomad's arm. It appears to be a spine. The pain lifts a fog from your mind and you see a Phorid charging towards you and the downed Mag.

Several sharp things shred through the frame, downing it. One lodges in Nomad's arm. It appears to be a spine. The pain lifts a fog from your mind and you see a Phorid charging towards you and the downed Mag.

Nomad drops the tablet as the spine lodges itself in his arm, but he had no time to check on it as a Phorid was coming straight for him. Quickly he unholstered the Lex Prime again and fired 3 shots at the Phorid, before having to reload the pistol. 

Nomad drops the tablet as the spine lodges itself in his arm, but he had no time to check on it as a Phorid was coming straight for him. Quickly he unholstered the Lex Prime again and fired 3 shots at the Phorid, before having to reload the pistol. 

The shots stagger the beast, taking chunks out from its armor. It screams and backs up. The Mag is still downed, and requires assistance. You recall that the Council gave you a kit containing a revival system in case you ran into injured operatives.

Edited by Rakawan

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The shots stagger the beast, taking chunks out from its armor. It screams and backs up. The Mag is still downed, and requires assistance. You recall that the Council gave you a kit containing a revival system in case you ran into injured operatives.

As soon as Nomad managed to reload the gun he rushed over to the Mag, pulling out the kit and grabbing the revival system. "Okay... How the hell does this work..." He mutters, keeping an eye on the Phorid. 

As soon as Nomad managed to reload the gun he rushed over to the Mag, pulling out the kit and grabbing the revival system. "Okay... How the hell does this work..." He mutters, keeping an eye on the Phorid. 

It is a simple spray can that dispenses a green mist.

Xyrha quietly curses herself for getting distracted by her own thoughts once again. She quickly pulled out her Akvasto and started to fire at the attackers, before she began to slowly drag herself away from the fight.

The Tenno knew she needed to get out of there and find a quiet spot so she could mend her Warframe before continuing onwards in search of answers.

"What are you doing?" She asked, as Nomad approached her. "Get on your ship and get out of here!"

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The shots stagger the beast, taking chunks out from its armor. It screams and backs up. The Mag is still downed, and requires assistance.

8 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Edited by FALSE.error

8 minutes ago, FALSE.error said:

Xyrha quietly curses herself for getting distracted by her own thoughts once again. She quickly pulled out her Akvasto and started to fire at the attackers, before she began to slowly drag herself away from the fight.

The Tenno knew she needed to get out of there and find a quiet spot so she could mend her Warframe before continuing onwards in search of answers.

"What are you doing?" She asked, as Nomad approached her. "Get on your ship and get out of here!"

Nomad takes another short look at the can before spraying the green mist on the warframe, covering his mouth to not hinder his breathing. "If I would leave and my boss hears about me leavin' behind another Tenno I would be dead either way." He states.

Edited by kyrozon

She frowned, holding back several rude and sarcastic comments as the mist seemed to heal her Warframe. In a few moments, she jumped to her feet and pulled out her Dread, shooting down the attacking Infested. 

"Thanks..." Xyrha said curtly. "Now you should probably leave before you get torn to shreds."

Nomad takes another short look at the can before spraying the green mist on the warframe, covering his mouth to not hinder his breathing. "If I would leave and my boss hears about me leavin' behind another Tenno I would be dead either way." He states.

The infested wither under her fire. The Phorid grabs the tablet and begins to slink back, bleeding profusely from new wounds.

You should let it go. You should leave this place and not come back.

This time the thoughts feel foreign, like something else is placing them in your head.

She frowned, holding back several rude and sarcastic comments as the mist seemed to heal her Warframe. In a few moments, she jumped to her feet and pulled out her Dread, shooting down the attacking Infested. 

"Thanks..." Xyrha said curtly. "Now you should probably leave before you get torn to shreds."

The shots shred the infested and slice a limb from the Phorid, it starts to charge forward, the then lights on its armor glow pink and it continues to retreat, dragging itself, and your only clue, away.

"I would love to leave, but that airlock is shut close." Nomad replies, as he walks back to the airlock door. "Think you could help me out?" He asks, ignoring the voice in his head as there is something more important on his mind. 

Edited by kyrozon

"I would love to leave, but that airlock is shut close." Nomad replies, as he walks back to the airlock door. "Think you could help me out?" He asks, ignoring the voice in his head as there is something more important on his mind. 

The tendrils lash out at you as you approach. The one on the console wags as if scolding you.

The tendrils lash out at you as you approach. The one on the console wags as if scolding you.

Nomad sighs and replies to the voice in his head. If you want me to leave mind telling these things to allow me to leave? 

She remained silent, only glancing at him for a split second before shifting her gaze to the console.

I need to get this guy to leave stop interfering with my search... 

Xyrha followed him and inspected the airlock, eyeing the tendril near the console as she pulled out her Boltace and slashed away at the other Infested mass that was attempting an attack. She took its taunt as a silent challenge, and she attempted to use her Warframe's abilities to force open the airlock.

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

5 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Nomad sighs and replies to the voice in his head. If you want me to leave mind telling these things to allow me to leave? 

The spine in your arm seems to wriggle.

~Leave? We want you to join us!~ Whispers echo in your mind.

You can feel a burning sensation spreading from the point of impact.

She remained silent, only glancing at him for a split second before shifting her gaze to the console.

I need to get this guy to leave stop interfering with my search... 

Xyrha followed him and inspected the airlock, eyeing the tendril near the console as she pulled out her Boltace and slashed away at the other Infested mass that was attempting an attack. She took its taunt as a silent challenge, and she attempted to use her Warframe's abilities to force open the airlock.

The airlock suddenly rips open, yanking the infested, Phorid, and Nomad towards the emptiness of space.

Phorid digs in its claws, determined to carry the tablet away.

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The spine in your arm seems to wriggle.

~Leave? We want you to join us!~ Whispers echo in your mind.~

You can feel a burning sensation spreading from the point of impact.

The airlock suddenly rips open, yanking the infested, Phorid, and Nomad towards the emptiness of space.

Phorid digs in its claws, determined to carry the tablet away.

"Oh crap.. Do you have a blade with yo-" Nomad couldn't say anything else as he was yanked off his feet. He tried to grab onto the sides of the airlock, but that didn't work. Luckily for him his proxy had made its way out of the Liset and grabbed its owner, dragging him back inside and next to the mag. The orokin proxy stared at Xyrha, seemingly expecting something.