Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Myconia: Infestation (OPEN IC RP)

Rakawan

1 hour ago, kyrozon said:

"Oh crap.. Do you have a blade with yo-" Nomad couldn't say anything else as he was yanked off his feet. He tried to grab onto the sides of the airlock, but that didn't work. Luckily for him his proxy had made its way out of the Liset and grabbed its owner, dragging him back inside and next to the mag. The orokin proxy stared at Xyrha, seemingly expecting something.

And you land back inside the bag spills. A door slams shut over the entrance, sheering Phorid in half. The tablet falls beside a small paper covered package with an anti-infested symbol on it. The council symbol is also on the package, along with the words "use in case of infection."

She glanced over at Nomad, stifling a sigh. "Yes, I do have a blade," Xyrha responded, keeping her voice even.

She picks up the tablet, examining it closely in her hands. 

Is this Nemesis?

7 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Oh crap.. Do you have a blade with yo-" Nomad couldn't say anything else as he was yanked off his feet. He tried to grab onto the sides of the airlock, but that didn't work. Luckily for him his proxy had made its way out of the Liset and grabbed its owner, dragging him back inside and next to the mag. The orokin proxy stared at Xyrha, seemingly expecting something.

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The spine in your arm seems to wriggle.

~Leave? We want you to join us!~ Whispers echo in your mind.

You can feel a burning sensation spreading from the point of impact.

The airlock suddenly rips open, yanking the infested, Phorid, and Nomad towards the emptiness of space.

Phorid digs in its claws, determined to carry the tablet away.

Edited by FALSE.error

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

And you land back inside the bag spills. A door slams shut over the entrance, sheering Phorid in half. The tablet falls beside a small paper covered package with an anti-infested symbol on it. The council symbol is also on the package, along with the words "use in case of infection."

Nomad quickly unpacks the small package, expecting it to be an injection needle or something alike.

3 minutes ago, FALSE.error said:

She glanced over at Nomad, stifling a sigh. "Yes, I do have a blade," Xyrha responded, keeping her voice even.

While the Phorid appeared to be distracted, she pulled the tablet towards herself before pointing the barrel of one of her Akvasto at its claws, her demeanor showing signs of a possible threat. 

"What happened to this ship?"

"Odd case of infection to say the least."

1 hour ago, FALSE.error said:

While the Phorid appeared to be distracted, she pulled the tablet towards herself before pointing the barrel of one of her Akvasto at its claws, her demeanor showing signs of a possible threat. 

"What happened to this ship?"

~The traitors took the child.~ It says. ~Mistress told us to stop them. Mistress told her to kill their bodies. We obeyed~

Nomad quickly unpacks the small package, expecting it to be an injection needle or something alike.

"Odd case of infection to say the least."

It is a needle, and several vials of yellowish liquid. The label says "Enferon"

The note inside labels it as an experimental anti-infestation booster.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

It is a needle, and several vials of yellowish liquid. The label says "Enferon"

The note inside labels it as an experimental anti-infestation booster.

Nomad attacked one vial of this "Enferon." to the needle and wasted no time injecting it into his arm, hoping this experimental booster would work. 

Nomad attacked one vial of this "Enferon." to the needle and wasted no time injecting it into his arm, hoping this experimental booster would work. 

The burning subsides, and the spine shrivels and crumbles to dust.

The whispers inside your mind go silent.

The vial says it will last 1 hour per booster.

Xyrha's grip tightened as she struggled to keep her calm composure.

"You killed their Warframes..." She took a deep breath. "Correct me I'm wrong here...

You only killed their Warframes....

And your mistress is Nemesis.."

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

~The traitors took the child.~ It says. ~Mistress told us to stop them. Mistress told her to kill their bodies. We obeyed~

5 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The burning subsides, and the spine shrivels and crumbles to dust.

The whispers inside your mind go silent.

The vial says it will last 1 hour per booster.

It was a relief to have the whispers dissapear, even if only for an hour, atleast he knew he would stay safe for that time.

2 minutes ago, FALSE.error said:

"You killed their Warframes..." She took a deep breath. "Correct me I'm wrong here...

Nomad looked at Xyrha, staying quiet, while his proxy walke closer to the warframe, looking up at her. 

~Yes.~ The Phorid says. Then it seems to panic. ~I said nothing mistress. I told them noth....~

Its body glows orange and then a small explosion rocks it. A small disk inside its flesh rises out and begins spraying something over it. It writhes and dissolves.

It was a relief to have the whispers dissapear, even if only for an hour, atleast he knew he would stay safe for that time.

Nomad looked at Xyrha, staying quiet, while his proxy walke closer to the warframe, looking up at her. 

The Phorid dissolves, as do the remaining infested. Small disks of metal clatter to the ground from inside their bodies. 

"Self destruct activated." The ship says. "Five minutes till reactor overload."

The Tablet, the only solid clue, sits by the Phorid, equally far from both of you.

Edited by Rakawan

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Phorid dissolves, as do the remaining infested. Small disks of metal clatter to the ground from inside their bodies. 

The Tablet, the only solid clue, sits by the Phorid, equally far from both of you.

Nomad looks at the Tablet, and then back to the mag. "If I let you have that, can you get me a ride outta here?"

Nomad looks at the Tablet, and then back to the mag. "If I let you have that, can you get me a ride outta here?"

A communique from the Council comes in. An Orphid Saryn appears on the display.

"Operative, what is your status?"

The impact point of the spine begins to burn again. The whispers start to echo behind your thoughts. It appears the current dosage is far from as effective as the Council believed.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A communique from the Council comes in. An Orphid Saryn appears on the display.

"Operative, what is your status?"

The impact point of the spine begins to burn again. The whispers start to echo behind your thoughts. It appears the current dosage is far from as effective as the Council believed.

"Currently infected, you really need to up the dosage on those enferon vials." He replies, fishing the needle and another vial out of his pocket, and injecting himself again.

Xyrha let her arm fall to her side, her gaze still fixated on what was left of the Phorid.

Only their Warframes.... 

Then there's a small chance she's still alive.

She turned to look at Nomad carefully, her gaze pausing on the tablet.

"I'll fly you to one of the relays." She offered, checking her HUD and requesting an extraction.

4 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

~Yes.~ The Phorid says. Then it seems to panic. ~I said nothing mistress. I told them noth....~

Its body glows orange and then a small explosion rocks it. A small disk inside its flesh rises out and begins spraying something over it. It writhes and dissolves.

3 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*He Folds his arms and leans on one of the wall* "Smart.."

:infested:

As the golem proceeds towards its destination the Phorid hatchling contacts you.

~Master, the pack-mate aboard the derelict has perished.~ It says. ~But it managed to infect one of the operatives. Shall I bring him to us?~

"Currently infected, you really need to up the dosage on those enferon vials." He replies, fishing the needle and another vial out of his pocket, and injecting himself again.

"How long did it last?" She asks. "How many do you have left?"

Attempting to contact your ship reveals that it is still intact, the growths on it having also dissolved.

Edited by Rakawan

Xyrha let her arm fall to her side, her gaze still fixated on what was left of the Phorid.

Only their Warframes.... 

Then there's a small chance she's still alive.

"I'll fly you to one of the relays." She offered, checking her HUD and requesting an extraction.

Your ship Cephalon manages to locate an area near the front of the ship where it could safely extract you.

"How long did it last?" She asks. "How many do you have left?"

"Used 2 so far, first one I used lasted about 2 minutes before I heard those whispers again." 

6 minutes ago, FALSE.error said:

Nomad quickly mutes the voice channel for a moment to reply to the Mag.

"Think there is a possibilty you can drop me of at Larunda specificly?"

"Used 2 so far, first one I used lasted about 2 minutes before I heard those whispers again." 

"The Myconian colony is closest to you." She says. "They provided the vials, they may be able to help."

Scans show your ship is still intact, the growths on it having vanished with the infestation.

"For the time being I have to ask you to stay away from relays, or other populated areas." She says. "The Myconians are versed in dealing with the infestation, but the relays are already dealing with what we are calling the "Helminth virus." We cannot risk two strains of infestation spreading to our relays."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"The Myconian colony is closest to you." She says. "They provided the vials, they may be able to help."

Scans show your ship is still intact, the growths on it having vanished with the infestation.

"For the time being I have to ask you to stay away from relays, or other populated areas." She says. "The Myconians are versed in dealing with the infestation, but the relays are already dealing with what we are calling the "Helminth virus." We cannot risk two strains of infestation spreading to our relays."

"Ah, alright. Thank you for the information." 

Nomad again mutes the voice channel. "Change of plans, my own ship still seems to be in a functional state, also don't go to relays apparently another virus is spreading there." 

"Fine," She responded. "My Orbiter is docked near the front of the ship."

Nothing adds up here... 

If she's alive, why hasn't she contacted me?

Are they using Neewa to control the Infestation?

Xyrha began to walk to the extraction point.

Could this occurance and the virus spreading in the Relays be connected somehow?

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

6 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Edited by FALSE.error

"Ah, alright. Thank you for the information." 

Nomad again mutes the voice channel. "Change of plans, my own ship still seems to be in a functional state, also don't go to relays apparently another virus is spreading there." 

The tablet shines on the floor where it was left.

Your ship Cephalon is able to find a safe area near the front of the ship for extraction. Bio-signs show no further infestation.

"Fine," She responded. "My Orbiter is docked near the front of the ship."

Nothing adds up here... 

If she's alive, why hasn't she contacted me?

Are they using Neewa to control the Infestation?

Xyrha began to walk to the extraction point.

Could this occurance and the virus spreading in the Relays be connected somehow?

Nomad walked over to the tablet and picked it up. "Isn't this something you want?"

"Four minutes" The ship system says. "Reactor overload past reversible stages."

"Yes," She replied, taking it from him. "Now let's leave before they have to send some other Operatives to fish our remains out of space."

Xyrha began to walk quickly through the hallways, keeping an eye out for any lingering Infestation.

3 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Nomad walked over to the tablet and picked it up. "Isn't this something you want?"

"Four minutes" The ship system says. "Reactor overload past reversible stages."