The New Strange Bug

In this week I have been making quests and yesterday I put the chroma chassi to craft for today I could take and continue the quest. Today I updated the game and, when I take the chroma chassi from the foundry, the objective didn't complete and now I can't move foward in this quest, I looked in my inventory and the chassi chroma is in it, but the quest continues to say that I have to craft the chroma chassi that I already have, I tried to logout and login several times, but it didn't work, what can I do?

Hey,

I'm up to the last second last stage of the chroma questline, where you have to craft the chroma systems. The problem is I've already crafted the systems but the mission will not progress.

I'm having the same issue. I had put both Chroma Systems and Limbo Chassis to craft, and picked them both up upon completion while still going through The Limbo Theorem. Once I completed that quest, the New Strange ended up stuck on Chroma Systems.

I don't know if its because of the update or not but I just picked up the systems from my crafting station but The New Strange didn't progress. Its still telling me to craft the Systems even though its in my inventory. I can't recraft them because I don't have the blueprint for them.

Confirmed there's a 100% progression stopper in The New Strange. Sorry about that! We'll hotfix it as soon as possible.

FYI - As of the Specters of the Rail update, 'Chroma beacon' blueprints have replaced Chroma parts in the quest's crafting stages. Previously you'd need to craft each Chroma part blueprint before proceeding to the next stage. Considering this quest is a part of the main storyline and progression, and the cost for crafting each Chroma blueprint was quite steep, we decided to make crafting the parts optional and place them on the new junctions as rewards instead. The new beacon blueprints have a much lower crafting cost. The main Chroma blueprint is still awarded on completing The New Strange.

If you were part way through the quest when the update hit, don't panic! Chroma parts which were crafted already still count towards progression and you won't need to craft it or the beacon that replaced it again.

Same thing here BUT something else happened! to fix the issue with my item already crafted(Chroma Neuroptics) i activated another quest and re-activated the The New Strange quest. Now it says to Craft the Signal BUT it still plays the message from the previous part of the quest where i have to craft the dam "helmet" and do not tells me what to do next! I even went looking for what my next step should be online and i found out that i suppose to go to Skyresh in Phobos to activate the Arcane Machine BUT i do not have the option to choose to the quest mission so i ended up doing the regular mission and served no purposes so i came to the forum to find if someone else had encountered the same bug and to my relief more people have! So i would like very much for you're help DE in the matter, thanks!

Before the hotfix I was stuck at the systems. Now the quest is telling me to make a Chroma Mark but I have no recipe for it. Is there something I'm suppose to do to get it or is this another bug?

it's still broken. for anyone that was mid quest atleast.

i completed part 1 & 2 of chroma quest, crafted the  chassis and helmet/neuroptics but when i did part 3 of the quest it obviously gave me the new chroma mark blueprint now, for which i dont have the necessary materials. so i'm stuck with a blueprint i cannot craft and no way to go back to part 1&2 to aquire the necessary materials.

Hi there,

I was stuck on the Chroma quest.  I had just built the helmet.  I had claimed it and was stuck like everyone else.

Thanks to the hotfix, I now was able to move the quest line along to getting the Chroma Mark(the old Chroma Systems).  However, the Chroma Mark requires the Scorched Beacon(formerly Chasis) and the Chroma Signal(formerly helmet).

I do not have the Scorched Beacon or the Chroma Signal, and I do not have the Helmet or the Chasis anymore.  I have no blueprints for any of the items.

I would have expected the helmet and chasis to be automatically converted to the Signal and Beacon.

Anyone else run into this, who haven't already completed their Signal(formerly Systems)?

Thanks,

Hey all. I'm here because i delayed this mission until the last moment when they released a "big new update" that changed the entire mission. I currently have no chroma parts built and need help. Please tell me how to obtain the scorched beacon.

4 hours ago, [DE]Whirrrrr said:

Confirmed there's a 100% progression stopper in The New Strange. Sorry about that! We'll hotfix it as soon as possible.

FYI - As of the Specters of the Rail update, 'Chroma beacon' blueprints have replaced Chroma parts in the quest's crafting stages. Previously you'd need to craft each Chroma part blueprint before proceeding to the next stage. Considering this quest is a part of the main storyline and progression, and the cost for crafting each Chroma blueprint was quite steep, we decided to make crafting the parts optional and place them on the new junctions as rewards instead. The new beacon blueprints have a much lower crafting cost. The main Chroma blueprint is still awarded on completing The New Strange.

If you were part way through the quest when the update hit, don't panic! Chroma parts which were crafted already still count towards progression and you won't need to craft it or the beacon that replaced it again.

As of the latest hotfix I still have to craft the mark that I have no BP for aswell.

11 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

As of the latest hotfix I still have to craft the mark that I have no BP for aswell.

Same here.... i mean i have the blueprint for the mark BUT i do not have the Scorched Beacon neither the Chroma Signal to craft it...

EDDIT: I have an Chroma Neuroptics and a Chroma Chassis tho in my Inventory miscellaneous but i can't see them in the foundry tho...

Edited by Hellker
5 minutes ago, Memelord6921 said:

apart from this, does anyone think this game needs more missions?

Needs more quests as well a hell lot more... i'm having a good time discovering the lore and the aspects of the systems  xD

I only need to finish this one and the Jordas quest then i will unlock the Kuria quest and then i will run-out of quests to do T.T

I think there`s is a quest about the Queens coming up tho...

Well, this problem is happening with me too. Now, with the hotfix, I could continue the quest, but now I don't have the scorched beacon and I can't complete this quest T.T. In the hotfix notes they said that they made a "Potential fix for a couple of progression stoppers related to the Chroma quest", so I believe and I hope that they will continue to work on fix this :)

Edited by Inoue94

I am having same issues as Hellker, i got the Chroma Mark but i don't have the beacon and chroma signal and i have no idea how to get it...

They should really make those players that already doing it half way can continue doing the quest doing the old way.

Those who have never done it yet can start from the new way, because now they are making all of us stuck.

How clever is that... =_=