The New Strange Bug

4 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are hotfixing issues related to the prog-stops in these quests ASAP, stay tuned for the Hotfix notes as we address the fires here. Thank you for your patience!

While this is absolutely great news!, do you not bug-check before release? this is a pretty substantial bug, and this is just for Chroma. Queued quests are being dropped from navigation screen, missions not completed because of losing connection to the server or something (no rewards gained either).  Please fix this game before you send out another major update :) I really like this game, but you guys have some pretty big bugs that need addressing.

I, myself, didn't see any of this bug, except for the chroma quest and junctions.

The really embarassing thing i notice is the fact that if their is an alert on a mission we can't choose between the alerte and the normal mission. And the nightmare mission that are unfoundable (except for jordas and the law of reribution but for pluto junction ... 3 nightmare law of retribution ...)

But, despit all of this, Great job DE i love this update

18 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are hotfixing issues related to the prog-stops in these quests ASAP, stay tuned for the Hotfix notes as we address the fires here. Thank you for your patience!

Great to see this. Been trying to do the Arid Lancer scanning since the update came live and haven't seen any in any of the missions I am told to. Hopefully this will come out soon, and I don't think, from all our perspectives, it can come soon enough.

Edited by Malicidus
grammatical

Really looking forward to this Hotfix...... I hope they are looking into the hidden messages quest too, simply because there are problems concerning Olympus being a 'mobile defense' and not a infested exterminate mission. Great work at the first ever Tennocon !!!! Totally loved it!

After the hotfix minutes ago, did 3 new arid lancer synthesisés and still not working.... this is so ..... 

Would love if a DE could look into my progress personally because nothing seem to be working. 

Also if i look at my "research" thing at sanctuary in the city it does say that i have done 6/10 lancer´s.

And i cant turn the quest in, already tried that 

Edited by Esmokes
14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

So... Should it look like this? Quest is completed and i cant craft the dam thing... neither re-start the quest...

yRrqSbm.png

vNyC9ef.png

What do i do now?! Never going to have that warframe?

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I still have this issue, quest is NOT completed, I don't have any chroma mark blueprint nor other bps (like scorched beacon).

I can't even unlock Saturn

Please fix it better :D

Edited by Gr33n4ppl3

well the quest text has changed to plain arid lancers, and its spawning them when run via the quest tab(which is selecting from the available missions to avoid landing you in a fissure/invasion etc btw, very well done on that).

i'm about to scan my 6th for the day with the quest still sitting on synthesize 3 arid lancers for symerlis on mars.

5 hours ago, Hellker said:

So... Should it look like this? Quest is completed and i cant craft the dam thing... neither re-start the quest...

yRrqSbm.png

vNyC9ef.png

What do i do now?! Never going to have that warframe?

Obvious much? Get the Chroma systems and Volt neuroptics, just like with any other crafting you do @_@ (ps. chroma components are junction rewards now)

3 hours ago, steelblueskies said:

well the quest text has changed to plain arid lancers, and its spawning them when run via the quest tab(which is selecting from the available missions to avoid landing you in a fissure/invasion etc btw, very well done on that).

i'm about to scan my 6th for the day with the quest still sitting on synthesize 3 arid lancers for symerlis on mars.

This. I'm on my 11th Arid Lancer and no progress is being made :/

7 minutes ago, LeveL_6 said:

i'm hoping the actual quest requirement was fatfingered to be 23 or 34 or something like that scans, and not matching the quest text, when i get beyond a logical combo for a fatfinger at 43 i'm calling it hopeless.

oh well if i do this for another couple days i can finally get the rep reward that recharges synth scanner charges.

2 hours ago, Warrax said:

Obvious much? Get the Chroma systems and Volt neuroptics, just like with any other crafting you do @_@ (ps. chroma components are junction rewards now)

One of the tasks to obtain the Chroma Systems involves killing a boss.  That boss's mission so happens to have an Invasion on it, rendering it inaccessible until DE fixes the mission/syndicate/invasion/alert selection process, or until the Invasion is finished.  Unless that is intended of course...

Some of the tasks for Chroma didn't update for me properly either.  I built two specters and no credit.

Chroma is literally un-buildable at many stages of the quest, because so many parts of it are broken due to so many related bugs.

4 hours ago, steelblueskies said:

42 minutes ago, LeveL_6 said:

9 scans so far and the quest is not updating for me either.

1 hour ago, Chaosmagistrate said:

One of the tasks to obtain the Chroma Systems involves killing a boss.  That boss's mission so happens to have an Invasion on it, rendering it inaccessible until DE fixes the mission/syndicate/invasion/alert selection process, or until the Invasion is finished.  Unless that is intended of course...

Some of the tasks for Chroma didn't update for me properly either.  I built two specters and no credit.

Chroma is literally un-buildable at many stages of the quest, because so many parts of it are broken due to so many related bugs.

Invasions don't last long though, and, the one blocking Hyenas passed long time ago though. Whether the new inability to select between normal and invasion missions is intentional or not is a legit question, but not a bug unless so declared. As annoying as it can be, it would be logical that you're locked with the invasion until it's cleared and thus intentional. I feel you though that it's pretty laughable how many bugs there were and still are.

Thanks to the new hotfix my stuck progress with having built chassis and neuroptics but not systems was solved and I was able to complete the quest so I'm left at the same point as Hellker. Aka got the blueprint but still need to get the chassis and volt neuroptics. I'm sure there are still bugs with the quest but not with this particular instance since the quest is literally complete at this point and with the blueprint you know what you need to do it.

Some of the junction bugs are still there though, and I wouldn't be surprised if the "intercept 3 messages at Caelus on Uranus" didn't work for the systems since the spy with 3 data extractions on Jupiter doesn't. 

Since the systems needs a saryn part though I'm not in a hurry to try and build Chroma :P Plus I need to level up my archwing to do the junction intercept crap...

Edit: Interesting though, I think before the new hotfix I did the spectre construction (crafted the 1 star spectre) and that one did work for me.

Edited by Warrax
The bit about spectres

Did have to craft the Chroma Mark, didn't even start it, but then the quest said to me that the next objective is to fight Chroma... 

Did it, got the Chroma BP, systems still missing, how do I get them now?! By the way I finished the quest, so is there any chance for me to get the systems?

Edited by donniduesi
1 hour ago, Warrax said:

Invasions don't last long though, and, the one blocking Hyenas passed long time ago though. Whether the new inability to select between normal and invasion missions is intentional or not is a legit question, but not a bug unless so declared. As annoying as it can be, it would be logical that you're locked with the invasion until it's cleared and thus intentional. I feel you though that it's pretty laughable how many bugs there were and still are.

Thanks to the new hotfix my stuck progress with having built chassis and neuroptics but not systems was solved and I was able to complete the quest so I'm left at the same point as Hellker. Aka got the blueprint but still need to get the chassis and volt neuroptics. I'm sure there are still bugs with the quest but not with this particular instance since the quest is literally complete at this point and with the blueprint you know what you need to do it.

Some of the junction bugs are still there though, and I wouldn't be surprised if the "intercept 3 messages at Caelus on Uranus" didn't work for the systems since the spy with 3 data extractions on Jupiter doesn't. 

Since the systems needs a saryn part though I'm not in a hurry to try and build Chroma :P Plus I need to level up my archwing to do the junction intercept crap...

Edit: Interesting though, I think before the new hotfix I did the spectre construction (crafted the 1 star spectre) and that one did work for me.

It appears you were at the same stage as myself, needing to craft the Chroma Mark.  I am unable to craft that as I was already past the parts involving the Chroma Signal and Scorched Beacon.

I am hoping to kill Hyena tonight, as the Hyena mission should be open again, unless it gets nailed with another alert/invasion/fissure.  Though, it is pointless without the blueprint.

I am genuinely curious about how you were able to advance past the Chroma Mark without the Scorched Beacon and Chroma Signal.  How did you manage to craft the Chroma Mark?

If The New Strange is any indication of the state of quests that reward a warframe, I think I will just wait to obtain Limbo and Inaros to save myself the mental anguish of being close and being yet so far.

I'm a bit earlier on this quest than most, I'm still at the the first synthesis target part (What was Elite Arid Lancers, then was hotfixed to normal Arid Lancers). I have run this 6 times now (so should've completed it twice now) and simaris still won't respond tht I've beaten it both in the mission or at the beacon.

15 minutes ago, ThatMink said:

I'm a bit earlier on this quest than most, I'm still at the the first synthesis target part (What was Elite Arid Lancers, then was hotfixed to normal Arid Lancers). I have run this 6 times now (so should've completed it twice now) and simaris still won't respond tht I've beaten it both in the mission or at the beacon.

A bunch of us are stuck at this part.

2 hours ago, donniduesi said:

Did have to craft the Chroma Mark, didn't even start it, but then the quest said to me that the next objective is to fight Chroma... 

Did it, got the Chroma BP, systems still missing, how do I get them now?! By the way I finished the quest, so is there any chance for me to get the systems?

Same here... it skipped a process ... and i started doing quests for the lore and dialog... know i have to go to youtube to check if some one posted the quest with dialog cuz i'm too curious about that...