The New Strange Bug

4 hours ago, Chaosmagistrate said:

It appears you were at the same stage as myself, needing to craft the Chroma Mark.  I am unable to craft that as I was already past the parts involving the Chroma Signal and Scorched Beacon.

I am hoping to kill Hyena tonight, as the Hyena mission should be open again, unless it gets nailed with another alert/invasion/fissure.  Though, it is pointless without the blueprint.

I am genuinely curious about how you were able to advance past the Chroma Mark without the Scorched Beacon and Chroma Signal.  How did you manage to craft the Chroma Mark?

If The New Strange is any indication of the state of quests that reward a warframe, I think I will just wait to obtain Limbo and Inaros to save myself the mental anguish of being close and being yet so far.

Right, I had the chassis and neuroptics built, and then I continued the quest when the rails patch came out. Got stuck before the final mission with crafting the mark like many had, but the hotfix 4 (I think?) where they adressed the new strange quest line the second time it just automatically skipped the crafting of the mark bit and gave me the final mission to do. To be exact though, for it to move on past the crafting bit I had to reactivate the quest and at first everything seemed the same. Dialogue was the same for a while but then it took a different route and once all of the dialogue finished the quest switched into the new objective of "Defeat Chroma".

Quite the duct tape fix. A preferable fix would've been to give the needed items to craft the mark IMO.

29 minutes ago, Warrax said:

Right, I had the chassis and neuroptics built, and then I continued the quest when the rails patch came out. Got stuck before the final mission with crafting the mark like many had, but the hotfix 4 (I think?) where they adressed the new strange quest line the second time it just automatically skipped the crafting of the mark bit and gave me the final mission to do. To be exact though, for it to move on past the crafting bit I had to reactivate the quest and at first everything seemed the same. Dialogue was the same for a while but then it took a different route and once all of the dialogue finished the quest switched into the new objective of "Defeat Chroma".

Quite the duct tape fix. A preferable fix would've been to give the needed items to craft the mark IMO.

Atleast it is fixed for you, i still have the "craft Scorched Beacon" objective but no beacon nor chroma mark blueprint... worst of all i didn't unlock saturn before the update and i need to complete this mission to do so

Edited by Gr33n4ppl3
On 11/7/2016 at 4:57 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are hotfixing issues related to the prog-stops in these quests ASAP, stay tuned for the Hotfix notes as we address the fires here. Thank you for your patience!

Devs fix it properly, read my latest coment, still the same problem with hotfix 5

Stuck at Systems .. dont know where to get scorched beacon and chromas signal to build chromas mark ... pls quote this post if you have answers its Hotfix 8.5-ish right now still no signs of fixing this ..

On 14/7/2016 at 9:18 PM, Hash___ said:

I'm here just to let you know that I'm too stuck in Craft Scorched Beacon. I started the quest after the update. Actually, started just now.

Maybe crafting the chroma chassis will work

EDIT: It works: for everyone still stuck in the quest, just craft Chroma Chassis

Edited by Gr33n4ppl3
On 7/15/2016 at 9:27 AM, Gr33n4ppl3 said:

Maybe crafting the chroma chassis will work

EDIT: It works: for everyone still stuck in the quest, just craft Chroma Chassis

I can confirm that crafting chroma chassis shuts them up. Now I wonder should I continue the quest?

Edited by Boyhero

I was stuck on "New Strange" as well; it said I needed the scorched beacon to create the chroma mark and I didn't have the bp for it but I logged back in and the first thing I saw was "A New Strange; Fight Chroma". Try to log back -in, I think it might be fixed now

Edit: Although now it skiped two steps, I still have the chroma mark, yet I finished the mission and  don't have the neuroptics helmet or the system for chroma

Edited by KahjitAce123
Report new bugs in the mission
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...