Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amprex Buff idea

(PSN)mmcareen

I love my amprex, always have, damage wise though, its not a good weapon.  Hasn't been for a long time.  Having the lowest base damage of all weapons, with only a 2x crit multiplier, with horrible ammo usage.  so I got a suggest for a buff.  nothing to extra but would make the good very usable again

Base Elemental Damage would be increased 7.5 to  10-15

Crit Multiplier would be increased from 2.0 to 2.5

Magazine Size would be increased from 100 to 150, Total ammo staying the same

Fire Rate would be decreased from 20 rounds a second to 15 rounds a second

Reason behind this stats, is I have a riven mod for it, and even with a damage and elemental riven mod, this weapon still is horrible.  increasing its damage, even to only something like 10, along with the crit multiplier increase will make this a would make this gun a mob killer but not enough that its OP and doesn't run out of ammo within 15 seconds.  Very usable in late game

Edited by (PS4)mmcareen
Changed some values due to feedback

It's also got the highest base crit chance (tied with 3? others) at 50%.

And as far as I understand continuous weapons, the damage dealt per unit of ammo is grouped together and dealt at different intervals. 7.5 x 20 is 150. It's basically only 25% weaker than the Dread.

The gun is fine.

Edited by Keybopsef

17 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

so, what you're saying is we should make one of the best crowd clearing weapons have twice the fire time between reloads and triple the dps?

You're not taking the increased crit damage multiplier into account, which boosts it to 4.5x damage.

And no, a buff of this scale would make this weapon broken as all hell.

21 minutes ago, Tyrian3k said:

You're not taking the increased crit damage multiplier into account, which boosts it to 4.5x damage.

And no, a buff of this scale would make this weapon broken as all hell.

I am taking the crit multiplier into account, but they also said lowering the fire rate, which reduces the dps

8 minutes ago, Synpai said:

The issue is your Riven. The gun itself doesn't need a buff.

Yes damage is good (in general), but because Rivens are percentage based you need to shoot for a non damage increase since it's super low on the Amprex.

you do realize that a damage increase is just as good on any gun, right?  doubling damage is still doubling damage, regardless of the base damage

Edited by ShiraHagane

24 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

you do realize that a damage increase is just as good on any gun, right?  doubling damage is still doubling damage, regardless of the base damage

....Yes....which is why I said it was good (in general).... doesnt mean say a crit chance/crit damage increase of the same value wouldn't be better on something like the amprex....

1 hour ago, ShiraHagane said:

I am taking the crit multiplier into account, but they also said lowering the fire rate, which reduces the dps

Well, we're both wrong it seems. That would mean it sits at 3 x 1.5 x 0.75 = 3.375 times the damage.

Just now, Tyrian3k said:

Ah, not caring makes one correct nowadays... oh well.

no, I didn't say I was right, just I wasn't wrong, I didn't say EXACTLY three times the damage, and 3.375 is close enough to three that for all intents and purposes, this thread is still stupid

Amprex was godly before the continuous weapon nerf. One click and you could wipe a room.

Cant remember the exact numbers but after this " rework", the first tick of damage happens on 1/10th of a second and then every 1/3 second after the first tick.

This is why an automatic weapon which can spit LOTS of bullets in this same time or a shotgun which spits HUGE damage bullets in a fraction feel much more powerful.

This explains the following:

1) Your feeling that Amprex needs 3X the damage. It is still really powerful, but you need some way to replenish ammo and need those headshots. The balance factor DE used for some weapons were ammo usage, which can be seem in weapons like amprex and Syn Gammacor

2) The number of threads where people just reply that continuous weapons are bad for status: an auto fire weapon with much less status chance has a lot more chances per second to proc a status.

3) Some continuous weapons feel like putting a tiny hole in a plastic bag with water: You can continuously  wet enemies face. 

The Amprex needs a handling buff. There is nothing wrong with it statistically, but it just feels very subdued. The damage numbers are good, but you 'feel' nothing while firing. It could do with something more flashy, more screen shake or something among those lines, to kind of underline that you're doing red crits and stuff.

dont think the amprex needs any kind of damage buff, using nova, even with a low damage amprex, mines a bog standard crit build equipped with sinister reach and combustion beam, 2 element combo and that seems to work wonders even with low damage with nova.

dont think all wpns need to do insane dmg, just some weird funky quirks come in handy on some frames, same applies to other weapon/frame combos.

My riven mod is damage and a element, good but could be better.  Even with that, it wouldn't last long in endless, and that's more of what I was thinking it for.  After reading everyones comments, I still think it needs a buff, maybe not as much as I suggested, but still even a little would help.  

3 hours ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

My riven mod is damage and a element, good but could be better.  Even with that, it wouldn't last long in endless, and that's more of what I was thinking it for.  After reading everyones comments, I still think it needs a buff, maybe not as much as I suggested, but still even a little would help.  

Then keep rerolling for multishot and crit.

On January 3, 2017 at 2:18 PM, Nocam said:

I use a Carrier with it. No issues on my end.

^ This.  Also, mine is multi-forma'd to 125% Crit chance and a much higher Crit damage.

Make sure you mod it for damage type based on your enemy.

I ran the Corpus Sorties with mine yesterday using a magnetic/toxin/Crit build and I was red-critting all over the place.

Not only was my Toxin bypassing shields, but my Magnetic was stripping them so OTHER squad mates could damage them!