Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove the Infested Cyst

acehalk

2 minutes ago, Tzenker said:

Dear DE, there has been a lot of hissyfits over that whole cyst thing.
    Now, to some degree it's understandable. Some people care about other things than just the mechanics. For some it's the story, and they have their own reasons to be displeased with it. For the fashionframers, it's appearance. My guess is that an non-insignificant part of your income comes from sale of cosmetic items. I can see why someone might be displeased to have bought special skins and palettes, syandanas, and what have you, just to end up with a tumor on their frame's neck. Then there's the whole alignment change thing, even though it has no mechanical effect right now. Thus far it has been all about active choices, and this certainly differs.
    So I can see where these people are coming from, but for me, well. I have faith in you guys. I don't think this was done without a lot of consideration, because you guys have always been very good about discouraging trolling. There have been unintentional lapses (excessive particle effects, certain powers, Friendly Fire, etc.) that could be used to annoy or hinder others, but these have been either dealt with or are minor secondary side effects.
    In this case, we have what some consider a mechanism dedicated to trolling. I've seen it discourage public and even private teams, since some players don't want to be infected or infect others. I consider it unfortunate but understandable.  Then there's the troll segment, that tend to bounce in and out of public missions to infect as many people as possible without staying for the duration, which can annoying for people that don't even care about the infection thing in the first place.

At any rate, the above is just to say that I understand my fellow players. I can see where the various types of complaints are coming from, but I'm not joining their ranks.
    I say, without a shred of sarcasm, that I believe you're going somewhere neat with this whole thing. I think that the players will soon look back at this and (most will) remember it as an awesome story-line.
Happy holidays.

"Let me complain about the complainers. Dang those complainers". If you "understand your fellow players" why do you insist on calling their valid compliments "hissyfits"? And do you really think appearances is a small part of the game? Do you realize how many more people requested during Tennobaum for skins and color palettes and noggles than something like Warframe slots? Appearances are a huge aspect of the game and buying 1 Ash Koga Skin is worth more than 7 Warframe slots already. Also, they even stated in their devstream that the morality system will have something to do along the future and that there will be a way(*hint hint* plat) to change your morality. I see your feedback not as a true feedback but more of a "complaining about complainers" and also more of concern trolling than actually understanding the arguments of the  "other side"

6 minutes ago, LeviathanRise said:

Not might, WILL be changed. Steve posted on Twitter that the current charger model is just a placeholder.

I guess you should read that again, he cleary said that its not a placeholder and that it was always the concept to get a charger as a pet. So don't get your hopes up too much.

6 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

I've seen it. In response to asking if it was a placeholder he says "NOT REALLY"

MAYBE SOME TOUCH UPS IN 2017

Ok maybe it might not be a placeholder, but there definitely will be some sort of touch ups for it considering how horrible its skeleton matches up with the model.

3 minutes ago, Dergas said:

"Let me complain about the complainers. Dang those complainers". If you "understand your fellow players" why do you insist on calling their valid compliments "hissyfits"? And do you really think appearances is a small part of the game? Do you realize how many more people requested during Tennobaum for skins and color palettes and noggles than something like Warframe slots? Appearances are a huge aspect of the game and buying 1 Ash Koga Skin is worth more than 7 Warframe slots already. Also, they even stated in their devstream that the morality system will have something to do along the future and that there will be a way(*hint hint* plat) to change your morality. I see your feedback not as a true feedback but more of a "complaining about complainers" and also more of concern trolling than actually understanding the arguments of the  "other side"

I should not have used the term hissyfits, and have edited my post accordingly. I apologize for that. It truly was not my intent. I saw some posts that were... a tad over the top, and that was probably in the back of my mind when I started the post. At the same time, I saw plenty of people showing no understanding for those that complained about it, and I wanted to point out that they did have some legitimate concerns.

I don't consider appearance, lore, or whatnot a small part of the game. These are facets to the whole experience. Some people will care more about one aspect than another, and I find them all quite valid. I don't look down on those people. Half my clan are currently solo_only for one reason or the other, and while I find that regrettable, I can see where they're coming from.

Really, I'm not trying to complain about complainers. Were I doing that, my language would be considerable harsher towards that group. My one purpose with my post is stating that this decision is so far out of DE's norm that they have to be going somewhere interesting with it, and I'm looking forward to seeing precisely what it's all about. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

4 minutes ago, Tzenker said:

I should not have used the term hissyfits, and have edited my post accordingly. I apologize for that. It truly was not my intent. I saw some posts that were... a tad over the top, and that was probably in the back of my mind when I started the post. At the same time, I saw plenty of people showing no understanding for those that complained about it, and I wanted to point out that they did have some legitimate concerns.

I don't consider appearance, lore, or whatnot a small part of the game. These are facets to the whole experience. Some people will care more about one aspect than another, and I find them all quite valid. I don't look down on those people. Half my clan are currently solo_only for one reason or the other, and while I find that regrettable, I can see where they're coming from.

Really, I'm not trying to complain about complainers. Were I doing that, my language would be considerable harsher towards that group. My one purpose with my post is stating that this decision is so far out of DE's norm that they have to be going somewhere interesting with it, and I'm looking forward to seeing precisely what it's all about. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I am glad that you have removed the charged wording. And as for the trolling part, I agree that it has discouraged public matches since there have been a mumber of people who have stated that they don't intend to play those matches until the situation is handled. One suggestion I might make to DE is to make the cyst color changeable so it isn't so much a pink eyesore. The alignment thing is a bug. I think [DE]Taylor said that the initial script that went out didn't fix the problem, and there would be a new one for 2017 that should fix the decisions made by the player who got the wrong alignment.

1 hour ago, QTEila said:

it's a nice concept(spelling corrected) but uh, are we gonna get something that actually lets us stop certain frames from being affected permanently?

Indeed.  After a player cultivates their space-ebola growth, harvests it, and makes an ebola-doggy, does that warframe then become immune?

I hope this is the case.

I'm fine with having to infect all my warframes once.  I actually find this whole thing/experiment kinda fascinating.  This is how virologists and immunologists model disease spread - albeit in a far less stylish manner. They just input variables for population numbers, transmission vectors, and so on into a program and just read the output numbers on the screen, no flashy space ninjas required.  I would really like to see the numbers on the infection spread though.  And if enough players/warframes become immune fast enough, will the infection simply die out, by which I mean, will a player new to the quest be unable to spread the infection to any significant number of the player population?  Fascinating stuff.

But back to the point.

Do the warframes become immune after the seven-day period?  Once is all fine and interesting, but I have no interest in popping my space-pimples every seven days to harvest goo to make a pox-dog I will probably already have...or whatever other item DE cooks up for us to do with the stuff.  I'm assuming there will be some other way to get the stuff...perhaps a la the Myconians.  Or something just between Helminth and Nidus?  They do seem to be quite the pair of chums after all.

'Cause it's about the fashion, you see.

17 minutes ago, FlinttheImmortal said:

I'm fine with having to infect all my warframes once.  I actually find this whole thing/experiment kinda fascinating.  This is how virologists and immunologists model disease spread - albeit in a far less stylish manner. They just input variables for population numbers, transmission vectors, and so on into a program and just read the output numbers on the screen, no flashy space ninjas required.  I would really like to see the numbers on the infection spread though.  And if enough players/warframes become immune fast enough, will the infection simply die out, by which I mean, will a player new to the quest be unable to spread the infection to any significant number of the player population?  Fascinating stuff.

I love the way you think! :D

On the topic: I wouldn't mind my frame being infected. Just give a toggle button or something

I have a few questions.

1. Now that we can breed Helminth chargers, can the plague stop spreading?

2. How will new players or people not playing at the moment, get Helminth chargers if the plague goes away?

2. Do we need to breed a Helminth charger for each of our Warframes that have been infected, just to remove the cyst? Or is there another way of getting rid of it?

I figure we'll only need one Helminth charger, some of us might want more. But I think I can safely assume that all of us want our cysts removed. And that many of us have cysts on more than one Warframe

A way to remove them would be good.  Maybe a way to toggle something to remove infection automatically upon returning from a mission?  I say "toggle", so just in case we're not done needing this and to make it optional for each player.  You know there's those people who want a big gross Infested pimple on all their Warframes.

The lifeblood of warframe is cosmetics and space cyst makes players completely uninterested in cosmetics.  Community is the reason people keep playing warframe.  Space cyst actively discourages players from interacting with each other.  It was a really, REALLY dumb idea that is doing nothing but hurting warframe and making players angry.  It should be removed entirely.