Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery 8

craigm22

Care to explain what about the test is "absolute garbage"? You are not offering constructive feedback.

Also, have you tried practicing it in the relays?

Edit:

A simple search for "warframe mastery rank 8" on youtube gives you the following video (see spoiler), which shows how it is done. I'd recommend practicing your movement and then practicing the test in the relays.

Spoiler

Edited by bluepheonix13
typo

All of the currently available mastery tests are very completeable, unless you have run into a bug of some sort. If you have, I suggest you report it via support ticket. If it is "too hard", then I'm afraid the only advice I can possible give in a situation like this is to "get good", as thousands before you have gone to MR8 and above. What exactly are you having trouble with?

I have about 140 hours on the game so i know the mechanics It's not hard. I either end up jumping too far or too short because the dumbass platforms are tiny and the fact you only get 3 tries is dumb as &#!. I looked at the video and really thats not gonna help much tbh i guess i just need to "get good" as that kid said

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just cam back after at least a year of not playing because of MR8. I honestly cant tell you how long ive been stuck at mr7 as ive failed the mr8 test to many times to count. Ive gone though all the tips, watched videos on it, mr8 test is just cruel though. I ve been playing since before the ps4 was released and in all that time and with all the game changes since then ive noticed MR has not changed which means its currently severely broken. You would think the people that run this game would realize keeping an outdated mechanic the same while they update and change much of the rest of the game would be a terrible idea but hey, these guys wouldnt be the first game company that cares more about money then the game itself and want you to play it the way they think it should be.

Edited by (PS4)silverclaw88
Forgot something

I just watched the whole video.  It looks like just the right amount of challenge for a MR7 or someone relatively new to the game.  (old man voice activate) Back when I did it we didn't have fancy parkour 2.0, we had to run up walls both ways in the snow!

I'm honestly scared for my next MR test.  18->19....  I suck at stealth! :P

But you'll get it man!  It just takes practice!  Simaris in the relays can help with that!  And the glide function is a godsend too!

Edited by Lockecoleff

This test honestly has nothing to do with practice in order to beat. I admit there are MR tests were practice helps but this, if you cant get consistent perfect jumps from each platform your either going to overshoot the platform or not jump far enough. To simplify the reasoning that no amount of practice will help many this test, for ps4 or anyone who plays the game with a controller, its basically a test of the reflexes in your hands which is a basic FU from DE to the players whos reaction time may be few seconds to slow or there relflexes are shot etc. Now im sure DE didnt plan it this way or at least hope but MR8 is completely a broken mastery test

Edited by (PS4)silverclaw88

Hmm, maybe the test harder on a controller.  I have an Xbone controller at home and I will try this MR test after work.  I will post my findings.

I just did MR18 -> MR19 and THAT was a pain in the neck.  If you don't have a Telos Boltace with reach you need to get one for it :)

On 3/15/2017 at 11:14 PM, (PS4)silverclaw88 said:

This test honestly has nothing to do with practice in order to beat. I admit there are MR tests were practice helps but this, if you cant get consistent perfect jumps from each platform your either going to overshoot the platform or not jump far enough. To simplify the reasoning that no amount of practice will help many this test, for ps4 or anyone who plays the game with a controller, its basically a test of the reflexes in your hands which is a basic FU from DE to the players whos reaction time may be few seconds to slow or there relflexes are shot etc. Now im sure DE didnt plan it this way or at least hope but MR8 is completely a broken mastery test

Ok.  It took me three tries (the first two tries were learning the controller Because I've never used one for Warframe...)  But I was able to complete the MR test.  It is really hard not to overshoot your landings on a controller so I can see your frustrations.

I'll stick with my KB+mouse thank you :)

Why the heck doesn't DE let us toggle Sprint......  Toggling Sprint and making the jump button something that can free up your thumb to aim you landing would make this test WAY easier.  But I agree.  Console controls are clunky at best...

The verdict is this test does boil down to practice.  You can do it man!

My mastery rank 16 is glitched out. I start it and supposed to defend. But no enemies come out to defend it from. I sat there and waited for 30 minutes and nothing. I even jumped off the map about 30 or 40 times to see if it said 2 attempts or so remaining and nothing. So I got fed up and quit out. Now I have to wait another 24 hours to attempt a broken event again. Probably with the same results tomorrow.