Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glast Gambit: Hotfix 19.5.5

[DE]Megan

16 minutes ago, SonicSonedit said:

When? On next christmas? They really shouldn't do something that affects players in the first place. Features in game should be enjoyed, not tolerated.

QFT

You know, DE just should've had the foresight to make the Warframes immune to the cyst and to stop growing them after we drain the cyst. DE has this problem where they release something in a half-baked fashion, to use an analogy. I don't mean any disrespect, but they continually have this problem again and again and again, and I just don't know what will finally make it click for them, that they need to take the time to fully flesh out anything they're adding to the game before they release it. They never should've come up with the idea of these cysts without coming up with a means for permanently curing the warframes of this cyst. I don't think that's too much to ask of DE.

24 minutes ago, ControversyB said:

Draining it only creates a Helminth Charger. The cyst comes back to the frame you drained the cyst from. Upon re-infection, that is. I drained cyst from my Mag Prime, and was re-infected within a day.

It actually doesn't go away. Doesn't matter if you drain it, it comes back.

17 minutes ago, Ninjadeath721 said:

well he also said that this isn't even its final form so maybe there is something big planned for it

It doesn't matter if there's something big planned or not, things like this shouldn't be forced on the playerbase without any warning. 

Artistically, it sounds cool, it's 'grounded in what nidus is', but in reality, that's absurd and DE is inflicting this on players who may or may not want anything to do with it. This would be like sending Faction Death Squads after people who've never so much as owned a faction sigil. It's not fair. There's a fine line between thematic consistency, artful direction, and just doing something crass, and when dealing with a playerbase so focused around cosmetics (you know, since cosmetic items are items people actually had to pay real money for) it's absolutely thoughtless, and frankly, disrespectful.

It's already been said. Features of a game should be enjoyed, not tolerated. Cosmetic items in this game cost platinum, so the people who have the most invested in cosmetics are, to a point, the people who have spent the most money on the game, and, frankly, it's just insulting that DE would inflict anything on people who want nothing to do with any event.

IMO the only way to get infected should have been with Nidus, that way, at worst, an already infested looking frame would have this growth, AND; it would've prevented people who haven't even done the nidus quest from being inadvertently involved.

Neat concept; still completely inconsiderate. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the "final stage" isn't even in the game yet, actually. 

Edited by 8r8kSpider

Still didn't fix it for me. I've made the scorched beacon and the quest fast forwarded through to "completion"  a couple weeks ago and marked it as complete but i never got a chroma blueprint.  I can go to the codex and set is as my active quest and it tells me to talk with cephalon simaris at larunda, but when I do it only gives me the usual daily synthesizing dialogue options and doesn't allow me to progress.

3 hours ago, 8r8kSpider said:

It doesn't matter if there's something big planned or not, things like this shouldn't be forced on the playerbase without any warning.

they most likely wanted it to be a surprise and you can "thank" the very first nidus for starting all of this

That was a whole lot of waiting for not even a squeak from the Devs about the things the community is really concerned about. I'm not saying you need to have anything fixed, especially considering all of the holidays and things, but just a little whisper that we're all being heard would have been nice. The Glast Gambit kinda made the game a mess, and a tiny litte 'we sowwy' would have sufficed.

2 hours ago, 8r8kSpider said:

Merry Christmas, Tenno! 

... what do you mean you didn't want cancer on every warframe you own? 

Obviously he wanted it. I mean, after years of investing money and trying hard to create that perfect look, we all wanted something that would devalue everything we worked for months and years in a couple of days. That's not what we wanted, no, it's what we needed. Because this motivates players to be more social in the game and pray to zeus that they get infested, and it also motivates people to spend money on looking great. All of this is amazing, and is what we all wanted. And needed.

Edited by samuel3417

3 hours ago, 8r8kSpider said:

... what do you mean you didn't want cancer on every warframe you own?

I really don't mind (I actually think it looks cool) but this is literally 5 pages of "give me the cure" I fully understand it can ruin fashion frame but wearing the embolist armor might help until they create the cure

Thanks for the Hotfixes DE! and Happy New Year! :laugh:

If you don't mind me asking though, can you please give an ETA on the Glast Gambit alignment bug?

Also, if possible, to have separate option to mute Ordis, instead of being bundled in the 'Enable Hint Transmissions' option? I like hearing my Cephalon :smile:

Again, thanks for all of the work! Bye!

Edited by ShadowMark25

Guessing I should not be holding my breath that the alignment and choice error where people who selected neutral and got moon or those who selected moon and got neutral will be resolved.  And I am not talking about fixing it for players that have not done the quest yet, rather for those who did and had quest ending ruined by getting the wrong one.

I'm afraid the "space aids" is masking the current big problems of riven mods. And considering we got now secondary and shotgun riven mods, and no hotfix nor update to fix the problems (too much RNG, not enough control, big laugh at our faces with the cap at 15 and "hey it's for creativity, use 60 plats for +3 slots", etc), this is going down a terrible path.