[DE]Danielle

PSA: "Winter Glyph I" Glyph to Emblem Scripts

[DE]Danielle    14,826

Hello Tenno! 

For console players: We are aware that the Winter Glyph Bundle was not available for purchase during the holiday events, as it did not make it in the last console build. But! You will have the opportunity to purchase it in the near future as it will be available for a limited time when The Glast Gambit releases for Xbox One and PS4.

We were made aware that, in addition to being available in the “Winter Glyph Bundle” for purchase, the “Winter Glyph I” Glyph was also a reward for completing the last day of the Snowday Showdown Tactical Alert. The original intent for the Tactical Alert reward was for it to be an Emblem, not a Glyph. In order to remedy the mix up, we will be running a couple scripts in the near future that will replace the Glyph with an Emblem of the same design in your inventories. Those who purchased the Bundle will keep the Glyph. 

We will update you on when these scripts will be run, but here is what to expect when they are ready: 

• The first script will remove the “Winter Glyph I” Glyph from the accounts of those who earned it via the Tactical Alert. 
  • The second script will then deposit the intended Emblems into those accounts. 

We apologize for the confusion, thank you for your patience as we work on these scripts. 

Edit: PC players will be receiving the scripts first, and console players will have to have the Emblems added into a future Update before the swap can take effect. Thanks! 

Edit: The script to remove the Glyph will be run momentarily on all Platforms. The second script will be run afterwards to replace the removed Glyph with the intended Emblem! 

Edit: The first script is still running. We'll keep you updated as they complete to move onto phase 2. 

Edit: All scripts have been run! 

• Upvote 25

Irchrael    175

I choose to not do the Alert since I bought the pack. I thought "nah, why I need a second identical glyph". Now this.

I'm done...

• Upvote 47

SolidBeast    368
Just now, Irchrael said:

I choose to not do the Alert since I bought the pack. I thought "nah, why I need a second identical glyph". Now this.

I'm done...

This. Will this emblem be returning? Had I known, I would have done the tac alert, but didn't need another glyph. Disappointing news.

• Upvote 23

Katinka    4,726

Oh.

I would've actually done it for an Emblem.  I don't care for Glyphs (happy with my Mag profile icon and don't have Gear space for it anyway) but an Emblem I would've wanted.

• Upvote 12

straikan    32
29 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Olá Tenno! 

Fomos informados de que, além de estar disponível no "Winter Glyph Bundle" para compra, o Glifo de Inverno Glyph "I" também foi uma recompensa para completar o último dia do Snowday Showdown Tactical Alert. A intenção original para a recompensa do Alerta Tático era que ele fosse um Emblema, não um Glifo. Para remediar a mistura acima, nós estaremos funcionando um par scripts no futuro próximo que substituirá o Glyph com um emblema do mesmo projeto em seus inventários. Aqueles que compraram o Pacote manterão o Glifo. 

Vamos atualizá-lo quando esses scripts serão executados, mas aqui está o que esperar quando eles estão prontos: 

• O primeiro script irá remover o "Glifo de Inverno I" Glyph das contas daqueles que ganharam através do Alerta Tático. 
  • O segundo script depositará então os Emblems pretendidos nessas contas. 

Pedimos desculpas pela confusão, obrigado por sua paciência enquanto trabalhamos nesses scripts. 

the alert come back?

Lmv.Matty    288
28 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Oh.

I would've actually done it for an Emblem.  I don't care for Glyphs (happy with my Mag profile icon and don't have Gear space for it anyway) but an Emblem I would've wanted.

same, i'm  so mad now ! 

• Upvote 4

AM-Bunny    29,772
Posted (edited)

Doesn't really affect me, but this seems like a poor method of addressing the issue.

It seems to me that the script should compensate players that have the Glyph with the Emblem and vice versa, while not taking anything from them. That way the error is to our benefit.

Between this and losing Stratos Emblem points from the Tac Alert, it seems this had several errors at the player's expense. 

Edited by AM-Bunny
  • Upvote 22

SolidBeast    368
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

It seems to me that the script should compensate players that have the Glyph with the Emblem and vice versa, while not taking anything from them. That way the error is to our benefit.

At least a chance to earn either again would be nice without having it removed or waiting another year.

Edited by SolidBeast
  • Upvote 7

Posted (edited)

I only did the alert to get the glyph. Don't need another emblem :(

I never even saw the Winter Glyphs or the pack on Xbox, only the Solstice ones - were they there?

Edit: just checked the inbox message and the glyph and they're both called 'Solstice Conclave Glyph' on Xbox (nothing about 'Winter Glyph')

Edited by (XB1)x Varda x
  • Upvote 3

Ninja22678    481
57 minutes ago, Irchrael said:

I'm done...

Maybe, just maybe, you should of read that on the Tactical Alert it said 'emblem' not glyph.

• Upvote 2

Ninja22678    481
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Irchrael said:

Cough... cough...

http://imgur.com/a/LzMvT

Where?

It said Emblem for me on the actual Tactical Alert thing on the navigation console.

The whole PSA is about receiving the wrong one.

Edited by Ninja22678
  • Upvote 1

Sphirical    356
Posted (edited)

Are you kidding me? I didn't do the last part because I had already bought the bundle.

Done.

-screaming internally-

Edited by Sphirical
  • Upvote 6

Helch0rn    3,289
Just now, Sphirical said:

Are you kidding me? I didn't do the last part because I had already bought the bundle.

Done.

-screaming internally-

you didn't read the post

Irchrael    175
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Ninja22678 said:

It said Emblem for me on the actual Tactical Alert thing on the navigation console.

Not my screen but still

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/198555580338036842/BD311D771ECD50285BA0E75DC09476C5B29CBEE3/

Where?

I know about what is this post, I just say that there's a group of players who didn't finish this alert because they already bought glyph.

Edited by Irchrael
  • Upvote 7