Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glast Gambit: Hotfix 19.5.6+19.5.6.1

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, Dahx11 said:

Why on earth would you want to nerf Valkyr any more than was already? She's fine now. Just NO.

Leaving aside whether or not those specific changes are good, Valk is still pretty nuts. I'd actually hazard to say that Valk's inclusion of literal invulnerability into the powers available in warframe was what started us down the horde shooter nullifier slippery slope. We're desensitised now because there's been a few frames added since then with Invuln, namely Limbo and to a much lesser extent Wukong and Nidus. And also, therefore we can't put that cat back in the bag.

But I think the actual nature of his proposal is that while Valk is quite finely balanced now, allowing Acolyte mods to effect her Hysteria, which would be rather desirable for symmetry reasons, would constitute an enormous buff for Valk in high level play, to the point that some commensurate nerf to Valk's high level play would be necessary. Switching Hysteria from outright invincibility to merely an extremely high damage reduction would fit pretty well for this, since 95% DR  is still enough to make you functionally invulnerable up until around Lvl 80 enemies, at which point Acolyte mods start to REALLY come into their own, and only taking damage in excess of what you can get from a properly built Valk's lifesteal somewhere around Lvl 150+.

They also seem to be frustrated with Valk's energy cost, which I don't have a lot of sympathy for but I can see why a fairly severe % health drain over time in place of some of the energy cost would fit the fluff. That said, I think this particular aspect would probably hurt low level play more than high level play so if I were making the proposal I would give it the characteristic of Valks current energy cost, that it starts low and increases over time. This way, low level players who can't really pump Valks energy capacity up very high wouldn't screw themselves over.

It's a decent idea in broad strokes.

TO DE Megan, Rebecca,steve,scott, geoff and the rest of DE 

i am a player with roughtly 500-600 hours of play time and have seen updates over the years and im sad, for you ,for the game and for the millions of users that play everyday. It has gotten to the point that you lay on filler missions like the glast gambit's INDEX cage matches that even before you heard anyting players lost millions of credits and some may have quit tha game from rage.  after you fixed it their was few to no problems.......except for the part where we couldnt get the parts for nidus and then fixed that.  Im not hating on your ability or think you cant. Back to the glast gambit i love the idea of bringing out the settlements lore and showing it and you guys should do more on that but the INDEX was just annoying and in my opinion a waste of time you guys should have made the index acceptable after the index update came out last year i though it was another cage match thing i could try and MAYBE FIGHT REAL NEF ANYO like when you guys made the ratthuum update and gave that kela de thame a new look and battle.  nidus he is more harm than good that cyst thing you gave us i dint know until today when it was ready, after draining out on........a kubrow egg? i got a..? a GRINNER INFESTED TENNOCYTE ZOMBIE DOG?!!! Make it infected kubrow at least please.

i never want to come back to the forums mad and dissapointed like this but it must be addressed and this is directed to you guys in design and those in administration

ill be waiting    - mason kolmetz 

3 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

I can, with a team, level a frame from level 0 to level 30 in 3-4 hours. No booster, no pre-made team.

The trick is to know which areas have high XP gain w/o being untenable for lower players.

Defense and survival missions are good for this, and interception and excavation can be good as well.

Best faction is Infested, as their 'Heavy' units don't do much damage and are fairly easy to avoid.

And to those of you who are screaming at me because I seem to be supporting Akkad, know this: Yes, I level on Akkad. No, I don't build a team with Mirage, Ember, Banshee, Trinity, Frost, or other similar frames. No, I do not use Tonkor, Simulor, etc., even though I could. I typically bring, no matter which frame I am leveling, 1: whatever Primary I haven't finished leveling at the time, 2: Pox, modded for Gas/Electric, and 3: Galatine Prime or Secura Lecta (if I need credits) or Caustacyst or Venka Prime or Hirudo (especially Hirudo these days). I either join a Pub group or go solo. Sometimes I bring Carrier, sometimes I bring a companion who needed a Forma. I run around, I kill stuff, I use my powers, and play the game NORMALLY. I just happen to be on Akkad while I am doing so.

Ok, I can see your points here. But I should probably help myself out a second first.

It has simply been my experience that it takes three days worth of play. This includes what you are leveling, what polarities you have to work with (new frames, not forma's in some cases) What weapons you will be bringing, and the matchmaking type. The idea that any 'Public' match is good enough isn't what I prefer. You gain more xp from staying alive and killing as many enemies, or assisting in the deaths of as many as possible, and for this I like to have people I know or players of larger rank. I sometimes have what I call 'Turnover' for warframes and weapons (although, these are generally items i like, just not enough to keep around and forma). These weapons are/were the weapons that boost mastery rank, but in the end I can't keep because I need the credits, have no more use for, or even just generally saw limited potential for. Granted I see potential later, like the case was for the Drakgoon, but in the end I either couldn't justify keeping it, needed the credits from its sale, or was just dissatisfied with its overall performance. Some past mistakes were selling off weapons before fully ranking it in the first go, but that was part of my learning early game tactics.

Another thing is playtimes, which I have plenty of, just many I play with don't. This leads to some very impractical (and embarassing) moments where random players decide they would rather T-Bag their teammates rather than help them, or let them run out of revives because they are too far ahead with their own problems to care. I also have a problem with gamers who do these actions, and I generally take a couple hours to vent off from these incidents. Rather than abuse some other player and get banned, I'd go yell at a mirror or walk in the park than play missions with a chip on my shoulders. It would be rude.

But to be fair you have a point. Knowing where and what enemies give off the best possible xp is crucial to success for many players. It is also best to rank up multiple items at a time, this way your not wasting hours doing so. As for our wonderfully mentioned defense on eris, Akkad just has all these things working for it, so why not? It makes more sense to plan around your own playstyle, but many times planning a group may yield some surprising results. You never know what will drop from rotations, but having a group does help resource drops, so there are certainly benefits to going in a group. You also get better credit rewards for public and group play. 

Overall, it really comes down to a matter of opinion. Some people prefer solo, others random squads, many just want friends who know their routines, attack patterns, etc. Some people like synergy between their squadmates, and I really don't blame them. It's how they learned. I thank you for the points you provided. Hopefully a new player can read these and not make all of my mistakes again.

ThatGamingSoup

9 hours ago, -HoB-KurtOn said:

Buy it for plat. Stop complaining.

No we won't stop complaining, we will keep complaining its our RIGHT to complain as valid customers of a product... would you say that to ford owner?

" oh we just got our ford car recalled its such bull ...",

" STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR BROKEN S#&$ AND DEAL WITH IT GAWWWWWD! "

seriously... the cost is way way way way to high, its 10x's that of any other plan, the drop rates of samples is fairly low, all of this combines for the most unfun, dull and total fun killing grind this game has ever had. As a founder, as someone that DID the grind with just 2 other people... if this is what DE intends for the future well, i think its time to start looking for another game.

DE this is me pleading with you as a LONG time player, fix the sample cost for everyone else...because it nearly killed warframes for me...

But is the hema worth the effort of research or just an other useless mastery fill weapon?

btw i finally removed that ugly f****** cyst from my loki prime doing the helmnit charger, so i can go back with the king and solo, without getting hurt by that cyst that was sucking out my will to play the warframes i like the most, because i don't want that s*** t infest again my beloved warframes, the only one i'm gonna pub now is my saryn (even if not op modded) because even if she had that s***** cyst that all the community DON'T WANT on their warframe i can't see it, because you can't see the sides of her neck

3 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

But is the hema worth the effort of research or just an other useless mastery fill weapon?

btw i finally removed that ugly f****** cyst from my loki prime doing the helmnit charger, so i can go back with the king and solo, without getting hurt by that cyst that was sucking out my will to play the warframes i like the most, because i don't want that s*** t infest again my beloved warframes, the only one i'm gonna pub now is my saryn (even if not op modded) because even if she had that s***** cyst that all the community DON'T WANT on their warframe i can't see it, because you can't see the sides of her neck

You're about to have a rude awakening, The cyst grows back.

15 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Glast Gambit: Hotfix 19.5.6

Snowday Showdown Tactical Alert Winter Glyph:

We were made aware that, in addition to being available in the “Winter Glyph Bundle” for purchase, the “Winter Glyph I” Glyph was also a reward for completing the last day of the Snowday Showdown Tactical Alert. The original intent for the Tactical Alert reward was for it to be an Emblem, not a Glyph. In order to remedy the mix up, a script has been run to replace the Glyph with an Emblem of the same design in your inventories. Those who purchased the Bundle will keep the Glyph. Relog is required!

More information here:

... I hate this... so annoying...

yes yes, I understand there's a lot of commotion for this zit on our necks, but we're missing the really important point here guys and girls.

Nidus Glyphs when?

All the other Frames got it basically instantly after release, is he too ugly for your refined tastes?

Edited by TheGreatPhantomini

5 hours ago, ExplosiveNova22 said:

or even better make the hema super powerful so its worth grinding ODD or ODS for hours because its so powerful (Maybe better than the Soma Prime) 

And then you will have the same people (you include) crying because they need to grind to have a meta weapon . More than half of the people crying about the cost most likely not even want the weapon ... just want to cry because they cant have it . DE said that the cost is correct ... simple as that ... you want it  , you grind for it . You are mad and want to quit ... quit , but stop ranting like a child ( general msj for all that "type" of players )  .