Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glast Gambit: Hotfix 19.5.6+19.5.6.1

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, SwoobatFanatic said:

Just the fact that a significant enough number of people are charging/paying for people to take notice is reason enough to look at the system that caused this influx.

It's a combo of laziness, greed and stupidity on our end that caused this.

56 minutes ago, SparksterX said:

Why is everyone still complaining about the cyst? There's a way to remove it now.

1.Get a kubrow egg

2. get a power core

3. when the cyst is fully matured, use the cyst option

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/d/d5/DrainCystIncubator.png/revision/latest?cb=20161229204204

4.wait for the thing to mature

5. eject it into space when its done.

6.repeat steps 1-5

1) by the time you'll find one (if you do), more of your frames will get infected. Unless you play solo. But you can buy it with plat!

2) costs a lot of credits and resources. Also building time. But, of course you can buy boosters, and rush it. Or just buy it! With plat.

3) takes a week. Way more than what it takes for all your other frames to be (re)infected.

4) again, you'll be reinfected before it finishes. Unless you play solo or.. you rush it! With plat of course.

5) will cost even more credits, but... guess what? Boosters. Yeah, they really want us to buy those.

6) again and again and again and... that absolutely doesn't sound like a definitive, cost free solution to me.

A lot of "incentives" to spend plats, on top of many many others lately like rivens, riven slots, hema... But i'm probably paranoid, DE would never attempt to use sneaky selling tactics against us. In fact i'm sure they don't even want our money. Because they are our friends <3

Edited by Robolaser

So it won't be until Friday that we will know when we can actually play public without risk...and it probably won't be until next week that we actually /can/...

-drumming her fingers-

I can't believe that I wasted a Kubrow egg, too...

(Glast Gambit was cool, Nidus is fun, but SERIOUSLY, DE, hurry up.)

2 minutes ago, Hecadoth said:

It's a combo of laziness, greed and stupidity on our end that caused this.

Again, it wasn't an issue before the Hema came about. Before the Hema, it almost never happened. But because the cost is so unreasonable to get a single gun, you have people who are desperate, who don't have an active enough clan for the stupidly long, tedious grind.

1 minute ago, SwoobatFanatic said:

No, he doesn't get it. He doesn't get that the Hema is making the clan scene incredibly toxic, with people charging for entry to a clan that has it. Stop white knighting and acknowledge when the devs have made a mistake.

What makes a bad weapon like the Hema important enough to make the clan scene toxic. I really do not understand it. The only reason you need Hema is Mastery. For everything else there is an easier and more performative option.

Maybe I am a spoiled player because in my caln we had the ressources just lying in our accounts collecting dust. And maybe I think farming samples is too easy because I know a way to get 400 per player in about 30 minutes (30 waves ODD with Necros, Hydroid with Pilfering Swarm, Trinity with EV and Speed Nova as well as a pick up booster). Then again we are (or rather: were, before the Cyst happend) 3 really actvive plaers with about 1 hour per day and two more casual ones. That is what we needed to just have enough for the research.

There are man items I spent more time farming for than would be neede for Hema if a clan really wants it. With one farming party and 4 ressource boosters it would take like 2.5 hours. Right, this is something like 40 platinum per person. So we have to double it to five hours to have it free of real money charge. One session on a weekend can do it. Even basic stuff like Mag took me that long. Yes, I know it was really rotten luck to run down Nef Anyo for hours on end without ever getting a helmet, as they were called at the time.

So I see no reason at all why people are willing to pay 100 platinum to enter a clan that has Hema, especially as aquiring Hema is not that important. Maybe we could make a list of Clans that have Hema and do not mind people coming in for Hema and leaving again after they have copied the blueprint free of charge. I think if someting like that came up my clan would participate, but of course I have not talked to the others yet.

1 hour ago, Orthelius said:

(Valkyr Pleading Incoming)

Secondly, please take a look at Valkyr's 4. I have been talking with another Valkyr enthusiast and we thought up some great ideas:

Hysteria could revert back to being a static drain, 4 energy per second with a 25 energy activation cost upon start. There will still be an expanding bubble that, if an enemy is in range and you have collected damage and Hysteria deactivates - you take damage.
However, Hysteria will now have a mandatory health drain throughout - perhaps 33% of her current health every 5 seconds. If her 4 effects were cleaned up this could introduce some Very interesting blood spray effects (thinking Berserk here people).
(Just to remind peeps, Valkyr has innate lifesteal with her 4, thus this is an incentive to use Hysteria to hurl yourself into combat instead of chill about - also I should have said Current health. This way the drain is a lot more gradual, instead of 15 seconds and you might as well give up.)

Secondly, Hysteria no longer makes you immortal, instead giving a 95% damage reduction (but still not letting rage work).

(Quick MathFrame - if the 4 gives you 95% damage reduction on top of your innate armour and the 2 armour buff, Valkyr can get up to almost 90% innate damage reduction. If you stack the two, you get 95% damage reduction, with a 90% on the remaining 5% damage you take. Thus, a properly modded Valkyr, with a high power strength 2 and armour will take 0.5% damage with her 4 up. I think this is a worthy proposed change to get us some Acolyte mods).

Just build valkyr for duration and efficiency, on mine I have 178 duration, and 130 for the effic. and it works well! it only cost's 0.98 energy per sec and I can stay in my 4th for a long amount of time and also even be gaining the energy orb's as well :D I do use prime flow with her prime and its nice to have around 600 energy pool. remember that her 4th draws from both her duration and efficiency to stay in her 4th for a long amount of time.

Hello! I posted this in the 19.5.5 update but since its still relevant I'll link it here too:

---

Hello!

I appreciate the fixes and changes introduced in this update. Thank you as well for introducing Nidus as he is probably my favorite frame at the moment. 

There are a few bugs/possible changes I think should be addressed:

• Have an alternative way to remove the Helminth Cyst or a way to hide it. I enjoy the new charger but the cyst is a HUGE eye sore and is definitely a point of conversation For most players. Because we spend actual money into deluxe skin and Tennogen, it's annoying to have that ruined by having the cyst with its disgusting hair ruining my runway of fashion frames.
  • Host migrations occur usually 98% of the time when I have a full team ready to crack a relic. They do come back with the relic (atleast to my knowledge the bug where the relic is not equipped after rejoining has been remedied) however having this occur frequently is rather annoying and time consuming.
  • Joining a public party on the first attempt always (or atleast in most cases) displays the warning this "This party is full," or finds a party and then immediately cancels the action. Again, this is annoying and time consuming. Usually ends with me wanting to do solo missions, which is cumbersome for me exp farming since you always want to be in a full party for the exp boost.
  • Glitch with Codex Scanner not costing any scans to scan an object. I will admit that I have been a bit of an abuser with this glitch, but it's probably best to address it since it is a bug.
  • For some reason, changing the cosmetics or loadouts on a frame or weapon at times will not save the change and will instead revert to the previous loadout/cosmetics. The game is obviously playable with this bug. However, bugs are bugs so reporting again.
  • Finishing a mission brings up this invisible screen that has the option in the bottom right to repeat mission or exit. I'm not sure if this was intentional but it seems more like a script error to me.

Other points of conversation:

•  In my whole time playing the sorties post TWW, I have only encountered a Riven 2 times (I have literally done one everyday). It doesn't seem like it's a common drop given how many times I get 2k endo and uncommon drops. I'm curious to see what the algorithm is for deciding this and if there is a way to increase the probability of Riven mods in a more favorable direction. I really like the idea of Rivens and want to try them out to make old weapons viable in the late game but they always seem to allude me  ._. . I really hope you take time to read this.
  • Make kuva a rare drop on the Kuva fortress/new raid mission type to get Kuva in a less monotonous way. Referring to a previous post I made:  I would LOVE to have a reason to revisit the Kuva Fortress as the resources don't draw me back to it and there are better places to farm exp. Again, please take this into consideration.

Thanks again DE for all you do! 

1 minute ago, row49382 said:

Hello! I posted this in the 19.5.5 update but since its still relevant I'll link it here too:

---

Hello!

I appreciate the fixes and changes introduced in this update. Thank you as well for introducing Nidus as he is probably my favorite frame at the moment. 

There are a few bugs/possible changes I think should be addressed:

• Have an alternative way to remove the Helminth Cyst or a way to hide it. I enjoy the new charger but the cyst is a HUGE eye sore and is definitely a point of conversation For most players. Because we spend actual money into deluxe skin and Tennogen, it's annoying to have that ruined by having the cyst with its disgusting hair ruining my runway of fashion frames.
  • Host migrations occur usually 98% of the time when I have a full team ready to crack a relic. They do come back with the relic (atleast to my knowledge the bug where the relic is not equipped after rejoining has been remedied) however having this occur frequently is rather annoying and time consuming.
  • Joining a public party on the first attempt always (or atleast in most cases) displays the warning this "This party is full," or finds a party and then immediately cancels the action. Again, this is annoying and time consuming. Usually ends with me wanting to do solo missions, which is cumbersome for me exp farming since you always want to be in a full party for the exp boost.
  • Glitch with Codex Scanner not costing any scans to scan an object. I will admit that I have been a bit of an abuser with this glitch, but it's probably best to address it since it is a bug.
  • For some reason, changing the cosmetics or loadouts on a frame or weapon at times will not save the change and will instead revert to the previous loadout/cosmetics. The game is obviously playable with this bug. However, bugs are bugs so reporting again.
  • Finishing a mission brings up this invisible screen that has the option in the bottom right to repeat mission or exit. I'm not sure if this was intentional but it seems more like a script error to me.

Other points of conversation:

•  In my whole time playing the sorties post TWW, I have only encountered a Riven 2 times (I have literally done one everyday). It doesn't seem like it's a common drop given how many times I get 2k endo and uncommon drops. I'm curious to see what the algorithm is for deciding this and if there is a way to increase the probability of Riven mods in a more favorable direction. I really like the idea of Rivens and want to try them out to make old weapons viable in the late game but they always seem to allude me  ._. . I really hope you take time to read this.
  • Make kuva a rare drop on the Kuva fortress/new raid mission type to get Kuva in a less monotonous way. Referring to a previous post I made:  I would LOVE to have a reason to revisit the Kuva Fortress as the resources don't draw me back to it and there are better places to farm exp. Again, please take this into consideration.

Thanks again DE for all you do! 

See this? This is a sane individual that's handling this situation perfectly.

As much as I've been trying to avoid joining the "Space Cyst is ruining the game" train I do have to admit its starting to piss me off. I can count on one hand the number of frames that I consistently use and do not have the Cyst currently. Can we please get a way to get rid of it reasonably quickly?

End of "The Second Dream" Quest is bugged. Me and my friends are at the part where we are carrying a person in a black suit in my our ship and we have to enter a door. But the door wont open and we cant progress. Relogging puts us right back at the ship still carrying this person and we cant to anything at all. Cant quit, cant leave mission etc. Pls fix this asap as we cant play at all right now..

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Glast Gambit: Hotfix 19.5.6

Changes:

• Added logging to help identify why some players have slow access to our network leading to a "Network Not Responding" messages when our network is actually fine.

Thank you for this, Hopefully this will solve the issue for me and multiple other players.

19 minutes ago, Angrados said:

I don't think it was ever meant to be funny. 

And though you may have reached the true endgame, the game has more to it than just how your frames look. The cyst may mess with your design, but it sounds like they'll be introducing a way to handle it soon, if the bit about the Friday Devstream is anything to indicate that.

If it wasn't meant to be funny then they would surely have thought of a way to get rid of it without breeding a charger EACH TIME for EACH FRAME (and don't forget that each frame can get re-infected right away). Right now this looks like a holiday prank gone wrong. 

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

I'm still surprised this community made it with one day left. Though I wonder how many did it out of the good of their hearts and not just for the rewards.

Anyway, Scorches are still annoying demons with an infinite-range lethal Ignis and I'm tired of getting burned alive across the room or in a completely different room with no fire around me.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

We were made aware that, in addition to being available in the “Winter Glyph Bundle” for purchase, the “Winter Glyph I” Glyph was also a reward for completing the last day of the Snowday Showdown Tactical Alert. The original intent for the Tactical Alert reward was for it to be an Emblem, not a Glyph. In order to remedy the mix up, a script has been run to replace the Glyph with an Emblem of the same design in your inventories. Those who purchased the Bundle will keep the Glyph. Relog is required!

Are you frigging kidding me!?
I didn't do it BECAUSE I ALREADY HAD IT!
If I had of known I would have done it! So now because I skipped that one, I don't get the emblem?

Who's able to face the consequences of their own decisions, nowadays?

Most people didn't want to play ODD. Draco this, Bere that. Follow the herd. And now they cry because they don't have what should be an average stockpile of mutagen, lol. DE sized the opportunity to grab some cash, and while i don't like how they tried to justify it, as the saying goes "God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which causes they cherish".

Edited by Robolaser