Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The sexual harassment from RedText needs to stop

Phookamom

Sexual harassment is any kind of unwanted sexually oriented behavior directed at or performed around an individual. Just because you aren't "offended" by the text, doesn't meant that the rest of us should be forced to be subjected to it on an official company channel. Is DE's official stance one that promotes and endorses sexual harassment towards its community? I would hope not. Regardless of the age requirements, profanity filters do not stop this type of language, nor do we have the option of ignoring or blocking the redtext.

This creates a hostile game environment, whether you want to see it as such or not. This behavior is extremely unprofessional.

@[DE]Rebecca Could you tell me if DE as a company is okay with its official channels endorsing and performing this type of behavior?

Spoiler

RICHcOi.jpg

I see nothing overtly sexual in nature in that text. You snowflakes are just overreacting to nothing. As for "harassment", it's not like RedText messaged you directly and said "Hey you're a n*rd!"

Edited by Reefermun

I think youre over reacting OP. Its just a bit dirty, but humor not worse than you can see in today adverts in tv...

not like its ...

Spoiler

0OMX4Bw.jpg

PS. If youre being offended by that red text, im offended by how your name sounds when pronounced.
It sounds like youre insulting my mom.
and regardless of bad tempered moron she raised, shes an angel!

same type of overreaction.

Edited by Sophista

Just now, SilentCircle said:

I actually find RedTexts charming and don't mind the innuendo at all. That kind of humor is a reflection of how relaxed DE is with their own player base. I hope they never change that.

*With their male player base.

INB4 ChillGirll™ "I'm a girl and it doesn't bother me"

Just now, Catacomb said:

Not sure if this is a troll post, but if anything, you're making things worst. You're taking the credibility of real victims away by crying wolf to absolutly nothing.

So you think companies should force their users to receive sexually explicit texts? Would you be okay with your boss sending you sexually suggestive memos through official company channels?

This post is showing me just how toxic the community really is. Someone doesn't want to be subjected to crude sexual language? Well, they shouldn't complain about it, instead let's just start calling them a troll and blatantly say that this behavior is acceptable from a company.

The controversy of the Rising Sun flag reference from the Prime Access accessories I get but...

THIS....

..this is getting ridiculous. And once more the "Violence OK, sex BAD'" stereotype is shoved in our faces. I feel offended for my own species. Stop it.

1 minute ago, Gimpenstein said:

So you think companies should force their users to receive sexually explicit texts? Would you be okay with your boss sending you sexually suggestive memos through official company channels?

This post is showing me just how toxic the community really is. Someone doesn't want to be subjected to crude sexual language? Well, they shouldn't complain about it, instead let's just start calling them a troll and blatantly say that this behavior is acceptable from a company.

Hey, you want to go paint the town Cyst-Fuchsia? ;)

1 minute ago, Extroah said:

Seriously? A User with a Name that seems to be a play-on-words of "F*ck a Mom" complains about sexual herassment? *Gets jetpack* Okay then *flies away*

From my "About Me" section

phooka
[ˈpo͞okə]
NOUN
1. A mischievous (but not malevolent) Irish spirit.

mom
[mäm]
NOUN
1. Maternal parent.

3 minutes ago, Gimpenstein said:

So you think companies should force their users to receive sexually explicit texts?

In a work environment there is not an upfront warning of R-rated content. 
In a work environment one does not having visualisations of exploding corpses. 

The OP is literally accusing an employer of a reasonably serious crime. Making reference to protection in a community-wide communication in a mature rated game is neither equivalent to such a thing in a company memo, likely from someone within your direct work environment to further the context gap.

7 minutes ago, Gimpenstein said:

This post is showing me just how toxic the community really is. Someone doesn't want to be subjected to crude sexual language? Well, they shouldn't complain about it, instead let's just start calling them a troll and blatantly say that this behavior is acceptable from a company

You veto avoiding crude sexual language in the same click you veto complaining about bloody corpses and seeing your teammate cleave a grineer in half with a scindo prime. 

Wow, hitting a low and we're still in the first week of the year. GG. 

But on topic: 

You don't seem familiar with what harassment actually is, since you're so readily throwing the word out there.

Harassment is when an individual, or group of individuals targets a person or people and commits acts against them specifically to mess with or otherwise make them uncomfortable.

Does that sound like what DE is doing? If it does, you need to see a psychiatrist or something, because you've got issues if you're this deeply offended by adults making jokes in an adult-rated environment. 

Sure, it's explicit, but those posts are made operating under the assumption that the playerbase is mature enough to handle some innuendo based on a currently running gag in Warframe, which largely refers to the Cyst as some form of Space STD. Apparently their assumption was wrong and people are, in fact, NOT mature enough to see when a joke is a joke, and not some form of verbal assault against their person. 

Edited by TrickshotMcGee
Keep finding grammatical errors :P

20 minutes ago, Sophista said:

PS. If youre being offended by that red text, im offended by how your name sounds when pronounced.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the OPs name.

Edited by RIOT
No, I don't have a dirty mind, you silly milly / billy.

I find Red Text... disturbing.

Not because of innuendo. But because while Red Text can say all that we have a profanity filter that, if turned on, deems ''damn'' a swear word worthy of putting asterisks all over it.

If we are supposed to be mature enough to take Red Text in stride, why is there such a prude ''on by default'' profanity filter?

2 minutes ago, RIOT said:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the OPs name, kinda ironic actually.

So did i brother. So did i.
but i believe the word we both think is hypocriticall, peperred with a bit of  SJW

Spoiler

SJW=SourJamMarmelade, so noone gets offended) 

1 minute ago, Eldritchkitty said:

How long before this gets locked I wonder?

my content is moderated. every single post i do, or thread, is being revieved by mod (sometimes even [DE]Taylor does it:)) BEFORE you all see it.
Go figure.

Edited by Sophista

34 minutes ago, Phookamom said:

Several HotFixes in a row now (starting with the Hyekka skin release, from what I can recall) have been sexually explicit and suggestive, if not blatant (like the one right now). We're not supposed to know which Dev is writing the RedText, but as of now that just means they won't be held accountable for what they're saying. Were players to say the same kind of things in chat or in the forums we'd get in trouble, yet the RedText is allowed to subject the entire community to this.

RedText used to be funny, punny, and silly, but now? This is disgusting and I'm disappointed that it's been happening at all, let alone so many times now.

How exactly do we get this addressed? Who do we go to to make this stop? Is there any way this Dev can be held accountable?

As someone who doesn't really care for the RedtextTM style of humor, I can sympathize - to a point.

However, when you play this game you are doing it inside of DE's privately owned space.

To be brutally blunt about it, DE makes the rules inside of this space and they have every right to. A lot of legal legwork is done and paid for so that they can have that private space. It is very, very important that businesses have this right. I don't always agree with their exercise of that right, but it is absolutely imperative that they have it.

It is the same principle as a restaurant's right to have menus with dirty jokes on them. When you sit down in this restaurant, you are in their privately owned space. You are free to deny them your patronage by not eating there if you disagree with their business plan, but you are NOT free to demand that they operate differently.

You can't walk into someone's home - their privately leased or owned space - and have any legal grounds to say they harassed you with dirty jokes. The game space of Warframe is DE's home, and it is perfectly reasonable that they be free to speak as they please within their home.

2 minutes ago, Flirk2 said:

I find Red Text... disturbing.

Not because of innuendo. But because while Red Text can say all that we have a profanity filter that, if turned on, deems ''damn'' a swear word worthy of putting asterisks all over it.

If we are supposed to be mature enough to take Red Text in stride, why is there such a prude ''on by default'' profanity filter?

Which of course isn't true at all. Just type everything red text said into the chat windows and see how many times the profanity filter kicks in. Spoiler: 0 times

1 minute ago, SilentCircle said:

Which of course isn't true at all. Just type everything red text said into the chat windows and see how many times the profanity filter kicks in. Spoiler: 0 times

Sorry, what I said that is not true? ''Damn'' will get filtered in game chat. I found it out the hard way. So do some other pretty commonly used and very mild words. Or course, they have ''the list'' (which I would really like to have myself...) so they can work around it. It's not the point I was going for.