Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My COMPUTER IS IN DISTRESS ! HELP ME

Human.Prime

Question

Hello Fellow Tenno ! 
I'm asking for your help as you can see from the thread's title my computer is facing a harsh memory usage ( i'm afraid to say it's a leakage .. i'm not sure but i can sense it ! )
My Game hits 98% - 99% at memory usage ( means it consumes more than 4Go RAM as shown in the picture below " SORRY I HAVE FRENCH WINDOWS VERSION " ) and of course when it reaches 100% the game stops responding ( that's obvious ) ,  so i really dont know how to fix this issue and i am here asking for help or some advices that you can enlighten me with and manage to solve this problem. Thank you !

• P.S : i'm using average settings in game ( medium graphic settings ) 
  • Notebook Config  ( 6Go RAM , Core i5 , 750Go HDD , Intel / Nvidia GeForce 820M 2Go , Win 10 x64 ) its way enough to run Warframe on Medium Graphic Settings 

167544memory.png

Edited by Human.Prime

13 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, Human.Prime said:

Hello Fellow Tenno ! 
I'm asking for your help as you can see from the thread's title my computer is facing a harsh memory usage ( i'm afraid to say it's a leakage .. i'm not sure but i can sense it ! )
My Game hits 98% - 99% at memory usage ( means it consumes more than 4Go RAM as shown in the picture below " SORRY I HAVE FRENCH WINDOWS VERSION " ) and of course when it reaches 100% the game stops responding ( that's obvious ) ,  so i really dont know how to fix this issue and i am here asking for help or some advices that you can enlighten me with and manage to solve this problem. Thank you !

• Notebook Config  ( 6Go RAM , Core i5 , 750Go HDD , Intel / Nvidia GeForce 820M 2Go , Win 10 x64 ) its way enough to run Warframe on Medium Graphic Settings 

167544memory.png

Is it repeatable?

Do you have the in-game RAM monitor open also?

6 minutes ago, Human.Prime said:

@MillBrookWest Nop i dont use the monitors or system counters .. and ye i face the problem so often sometimes it works fine sometimes the game goes crazy .. and i'm always stressed because of it.

The game has its own memory counter when you turn on FPS in HUD options.

Also the PC shouldn't lock up when memory exceeds 100%, there's a thing called Paging. I believe you have malware on your PC.

6 minutes ago, Human.Prime said:

@MillBrookWest Nop i dont use the monitors or system counters .. and ye i face the problem so often sometimes it works fine sometimes the game goes crazy .. and i'm always stressed because of it.

Use the in-game counter.

Warframe should use anywhere from 500-1.5GB RAM. If you see it using 2GB+ in the ingame counter, the devs will want your EE.log to find out why.

5 hours ago, Human.Prime said:

Hello Fellow Tenno ! 

Bounced from Feedback]General to Players helping Players.

Hello! The quickest and easiest way to free up memory without having to do lots of malware scans, virus scans, deleting of files etc. This will also sometimes "shut off" bad malware and viruses.

Start > Search (or the white search bar) > Type in: msconfig > hit enter > go to the startup tab > Click on DISABLE ALL > Apply > Yes restart your computer

This is a very quick and easy way to shut off programs and things that start up when your computer starts up (most of the time including viruses and malware, you still want to eventually clean those out). The cool thing is, if you're afraid it'll mess your computer up by shutting off something essential, it wont. Windows will still force start whatever it needs. If you have lots of programs, malware, viruses etc that are hogging memory, this will certainly clean it up quick (unless its a pretty nasty virus).

Good luck!@

Hello Again guys , so after a complete scan of my computer , i relogged into the game , tried to do 5 waves on Akkad and on the task manager it still eating a LOT of Memory going from 1.2Go to ~ 3Go if i stayed for 10+ or 15+ waves it will reach 4.2Go Memory usage " AND IT ONLY HAPPENS WHILE PLAYING WF " .. i dont know the next step to do ! 

6 hours ago, Human.Prime said:

Hello Again guys , so after a complete scan of my computer , i relogged into the game , tried to do 5 waves on Akkad and on the task manager it still eating a LOT of Memory going from 1.2Go to ~ 3Go if i stayed for 10+ or 15+ waves it will reach 4.2Go Memory usage " AND IT ONLY HAPPENS WHILE PLAYING WF " .. i dont know the next step to do ! 

What did the in-game RAM readout say?