Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Autopick Relics and pick rewards at the end of the mission in endless.

(PSN)mmcareen

So I like the fact that they have endless Relics, but the minute we have to stop between rewards kills the momentum.  So what I'm suggestion is, before the mission there would be a auto load option.  Either I can reset a order or just pick a group of relics that are randomly picked for me.  So basically every 5 minutes, 5 waves, whatever, the game wouldn't pass, it would just keep going and a new relic would automatically be equipped.  Some sort of on-screen animation with your frame would happen just so you have a visual cue that it happened.  If anyone on your team didn't select the auto pick feature or just ran out of relics of the ones they did, the current pick your relic system would pop up.  In which you can change your auto pick or refill it or just continue on.

If that system was ever put in, I'd also like it if the rewards from the relics were rewards after you extracted.  Lets say, you did 40 waves.  Even you extracted on wave 40, you get the mission results screen.  Exit that, and then a relic reward screen would pop up.  All it would be, top row would be the the rewards you pick from wave 5, second line would be wave 10, 3 line would be wave 15 and so on.  So you would pick a reward per line, and down at the bottom, you would have a accept reward, you'd click that, then it would give you one more list, just basically a list of everything you picked, with a Accept or Reselect Option, just so you can go over everything and make sure you are getting what you wanted, didn't miss click.

What these two systems do is get rid of the pass we have every few minutes, keeps the momentum of the game going, while still giving us the rewards we would have gotten anyways.  Also gets rid of that 15 second timer you have to pick a relic, when you have a crap load of relics and only a few seconds on which one to pick.

i understand your idea but there is a huge problem with that

some players tend to choose the next relic depending on the rewards they got
once they got the reward they wanted there is no point to keep running the same relic and instead its better to choose one with rewards that you still need
same goes for the end mission select screen thingy
if someone joins a mission to get just 1 part and nothing else how are they supposed to know they got it already?
there are quite a lot of players that stop the mission immediately after they got the desired part

i like the general idea but it needs some polishing

I think there's a better solution. Give relic tokens. Give a unique relic token which entitles the players, after the game, to pick one of the offered items without having to decide within 15 seconds. There, problem solved. Now we can check prices post-game.

12 minutes ago, Weidro said:

i understand your idea but there is a huge problem with that

some players tend to choose the next relic depending on the rewards they got
once they got the reward they wanted there is no point to keep running the same relic and instead its better to choose one with rewards that you still need
same goes for the end mission select screen thingy
if someone joins a mission to get just 1 part and nothing else how are they supposed to know they got it already?
there are quite a lot of players that stop the mission immediately after they got the desired part

i like the general idea but it needs some polishing

It does need some polishing, I'm not suggesting replace the current system, in fact it would stay there, this would just be a add-on?  So would be completely optional.  Random groups wouldn't even know its there, as I'm typing your point just clicked in my head lol.  So if the auto fill option wasn't clicked, and the pick a relic did come up, seeing the game is already paused you could pick the rewards for that wave.  That way, those who just want to get what they want and get out could get it, leave, or pick another relic.  Those who are just there to ducat farm, or just for the fun of it can just keep going.  It would still work with my idea as well, once you extracted and had the list of rewards to pick from, for the wave you already picked your reward, instead of having the 4 options, you would just have the one you picked.

I really think this idea would add to the game, especially for someone like me, who just does, sorties, syndicates and raids currently.  I don't run relics, I have 20k ducats, own everything the void trader ever had, so I'm only buying one item every visit.  I did however love running a T3S or T4I as long as I could, I found that fun.  The whole item is to bring some of that fun back and keeping the change the relic system brings.  So polish away.  Thank you.