The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus really needs to get reworked

Knight_Ex

I can't be the only person getting sick of seeing 2-3 nidus warframes running in every mission, lets break it down, Nidus is pretty much unkillable, he has insane amounts of damage, even if by some miracle he goes down so long as the person has 10 stacks they are auto revived, he can CC an entire room easily, gain insane amounts of damage reduction with his link, oh are those 10 bombards giving you trouble? just let me link to that corrupted ancient....there we go all better,  Fact of the matter being why run anything else since Nidus does most jobs perfectly, Tanking....check.....Damage....Check (With 100stacks his one can do up to 40k damage per hit and it hits multiple times), Buffing....Check.....Healing......sorta...his 4 can heal but not as effective as a trin, still if the people stay in range its unlikely they will go down.   So please someone come in here and tell me he doesn't need a rework and explain your logic behind it?  FYI to get 100 stacks takes all but 3 minutes in some missions, his second ability followed with his first.....Id love to know the developers take on this.

2 minutes ago, Dawn11715 said:

probably, but as they said often enough: new stuff is never final at release.

Especially since the playtest for viability and player's craziness accounting is done here on PC. Well most of the play testing is our job as Beta testers after all.

3 minutes ago, SonicSonedit said:

This is the first time I will agree that something needs nerf. Yes, nidus is broken as heck.

Right, so we should still put up with borked enemy, armour and damage scaling in the meantime?

Sure.

Edited by Naith

6 minutes ago, MrFoxAos said:

we finally get nice things that scale and people use,normal forum response nerf cant say im surprised :/

This is NOT end game scaling, this is lazy unbalanced stats that had not been properly tested, scaling is when you gradually get stronger to adjust for high damage enemies, Nidus with even 10 stacks can drop a level 200 corrupted enemy in 1-2 attacks, some cases 1 attack.

Just now, Knight_Ex said:

This is NOT end game scaling, this is lazy unbalanced stats that had not been properly tested, scaling is when you gradually get stronger to adjust for high damage enemies, Nidus with even 10 stacks can drop a level 200 corrupted enemy in 1-2 attacks, some cases 1 attack.

so i guess neither are the rest of things i said huh 

And now I call BullS#&$. Show me this amazing method and show me how you got 100 stacks in 3 min.

10 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

mega snip

As for all this,

Nidus, is an all rounder, for sure. Doing most of the possible jobs with relative ease as long as you are speaking of a long mission specifically involving tons and tons of killing.

In Extermination, Spy, Capture or any mode not offering him the time to slowly build his stacks, Nidus will easily be left in the dust by more specialized frames than him.

He scales awfully well, there's no denying that, but that is due to how his stacking works in reinforcing him, if he looses this possibility to build up many stacks he looses most of his power as a frame.

6 minutes ago, Fast_98 said:

And now I call BullS#&$. Show me this amazing method and show me how you got 100 stacks in 3 min.

Its called using your 2 to pull all surrounding enemies in, then using 1 ability, you get 5-6 stacks this way, if you have your 4th ability down thats even more stacks, provided that you can kill the enemies you gathered in a few hits, rinse and repeat.

Its called using your 2 to pull all surrounding enemies in, then using 1 ability, you get 5-6 stacks this way, if you have your 4th ability down thats even more stacks, provided that you can kill the enemies you gathered in a few hits, rinse and repeat.

thats assuming you pull 5-6 people every cast 

7 minutes ago, MrFoxAos said:

thats assuming you pull 5-6 people every cast 

which is easily done, especially with survival and defense missions. When you can use one Nidus to tank damage past the 3 hour mark in ODS you know something is wrong.

Edited by Knight_Ex

4 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Nidus cannot take down a lvl 200 corrupted enemy in 2 attacks i have 300% power strength and it is very much impossible to do this and 100 stacks in 3 mins more bull.

And this is why we can't have nice things. You give people nice things and they say "We don't like it."

No, Nidus is fine, doesn't need any nerf or rework. Just leave something that works to do it's thing, don't break it.

Besides, I want to see your amazing scaling, given how enemies outscale you rather quicker than you outscale them. But I guess you play level 20 mobs and think that outscaling them with a single frame is a big deal. Sure, if all mobs capped at level 50-60, maybe Nidus would be overkill because he'd always be outscaled than the mobs, but in later levels he drops in usefulness and gets outclassed by any core CC frame.

Edit: As others said, 10 stacks to kill a 100 level mob in 1 hit is proof that you don't even know what you're talking about, possibly you don't play the frame.

Edited by injustible