The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus really needs to get reworked

Knight_Ex

7 minutes ago, Esorono said:

I did notice something else though. Falling off a map also removes a stack.

Confirmed^^^

Could be intentional or it could be the abyss' aura that nullifies abilities right before you re-spawn.

]\'[

Edited by MokutoBunshi

4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but in theory the changes sound like a small nerf at most. If you kill nullies quickly it shouldn't affect you much. If you build up a truly large amount of stacks the extra cost for undying shouldn't really be a problem. 

And if you are using proper ability combo's, the nerf to the maggots really shouldn't affect how fast you get your stacks up. 

I was afraid of something like with Inaros where they actually take all stacks away. Draining them over time is okay, I can live with that. 

Overall he wasn't really hit with the kind/level of nerfs I was afraid of. I think he will be just fine. 

True. Even with the adjustments i dont agree with he still gets away with way more than anyone else.

Just now, MokutoBunshi said:

Confirmed^^^

Could be intentional or it could be the abyss' aura that nullifies abilities right before you re-spawn.

]\'[

I think falling off the map and nullifiers use the same type of coding for power usage so they act the same.

ive tested again, so a maggot fills about 1 part of a stack and each stack has 5 parts, so one would assume 20 enemies being killed would grant you 4 full stacks, plus some when the maggots explode. however im only getting about 2-3 stacks so i dont know whats up with that. also maggots no longer "feast until they burst" wich might mean the change with them might have borked that. some wonky things are going on with his four it seems, i think somone knocked over a vase in the code...

7 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

True. Even with the adjustments i dont agree with he still gets away with way more than anyone else.

less you have a mirage, an ember and a nova on your team. then your just walking behind them or off in some part of the map alone :c

1 minute ago, Chiffolololon said:

Do you think this is intentional? because it resets when you recast inside before

No clue. it could be. We would need a dev response for that one.

Anything else you guys want me to test?

]\'[

Edited by MokutoBunshi

10 minutes ago, Reedfish said:

the only issue is currently they messed something up with his ult :c nullies are not to bad of an issue at most you will lose 5-10 stacks taking them down /inside/ their bubbles. however his ult isn't pulling as many stacks in now cause it seems maggots will sometimes just not register killing enemies or exploding resulting in not getting a stack. they still do fairly good damage however, its just a bit unreliable now. and killing maggots with your one does give stacks or count towards stacks at all now for some reason.

I am holding out hope that part of that is a bug -- it sounds like some of that isn't working as intended. Will need to test more myself and compare my results to the patch notes. 

If what is happening isn't fully listed in the patch notes, then it was probably a mistake/bug/unintentional. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

I am holding out hope that part of that is a bug -- it sounds like some of that isn't working as intended. Will need to test more myself and compare my results to the patch notes. 

If what is happening isn't fully listed in the patch notes, then it was probably a mistake/bug/unintentional. 

thats what im thinking, its a very odd thing that's happening 

Nidus needed a nerf, he really was quite a bit too strong compared to most other frames. However I question if this was the right way to do it.

The maggots change? Eh, I can live with it.
The 15 stacks cost for undying? Totally fine, no skin off my bones. In fact, I'd be fine with a 20 stacks cost (but that's where it it should stop going higher).
The nullifier change though? Ugh... As if Nullifiers weren't un-fun enough already. This was totally unnecessary.

Nidus needs his stacks to be effective, in fact he needs them to even be able to cast his uilt and link at all, and getting enough stacks is no easy feat... And that's not a bad thing! It creates synergy between his abilities and a lot of fun... But then nullifiers come along and sap away your hard-earned stacks, testing your patience and making things tedious yet again. This would be almost the same as Nullifiers sapping energy from other Warframes for every second they are in that dreaded bubble.

However, I would argue that this isn't an issue with Nidus or how they tweaked him, but that it would all fall under the age-old issue of 'Nullifiers should be removed from the game!', which still holds true to this day.

3 hours ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

However, I do get that Nidus should still have SOME consequence for entering said bubbles, so I have a counteroffer: When Nidus is inside a nullifier bubble, his stacks do not give any of their normal passive buffs, nor can he enter undying while in a nullifier bubble. This accomplishes the same thing (making nullifiers something to be feared), while also making nullifiers not unfairly weighted against nidus specifically.

I like the sound of that a LOT better than the current things, it's a win win, Nidus gets a proper nerf (or that sounds proper to me) and nullifers are still  annoying after features, thank you for your feedback.

At this point, i'm convinced devs loves the drama or something. It's like they try to find a way to change / nerf / mess up something every update, just for the sake of creating fanbase drama. I swear the "one step forward , two steps back" thing is getting tiresome.

"Hey, we might finally make nullifiers less annoying after years of player hate".

"Let's remove Nidus's stacks when he's in contact with nullifiers for some reason"

"Hey, let's add relics and their drop tables in the codex"

"Let's remove all info on said relics if you haven't gotten them in your inventory"

"Hey, let's add a gun with ludacris reaserch costs"

"Let's leave the ridiculous price in because less than 1% of the fanbase has managed to get it and it would be unfair for the guys who did"

"Let's do universal vacuum"

"Let's remove filler crap from the sorties table"

"Let's add new filler crap in the sorties table"

It never ends !

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

3 minutes ago, Zerathos_Dagon said:

Nidus needed a nerf, he really was quite a bit too strong compared to most other frames. However I question if this was the right way to do it.

The maggots change? Eh, I can live with it.
The 15 stacks cost for undying? Totally fine, no skin off my bones. In fact, I'd be fine with a 20 stacks cost (but that's where it it should stop going higher).
The nullifier change though? Ugh... As if Nullifiers weren't un-fun enough already. This was totally unnecessary.

Nidus needs his stacks to be effective, in fact he needs them to even be able to cast his uilt and link at all, and getting enough stacks is no easy feat... And that's not a bad thing! It creates synergy between his abilities and a lot of fun... But then nullifiers come along and sap away your hard-earned stacks, testing your patience and making things tedious yet again. This would be almost the same as Nullifiers sapping energy from other Warframes for every second they are in that dreaded bubble.

However, I would argue that this isn't an issue with Nidus or how they tweaked him, but that it would all fall under the age-old issue of 'Nullifiers should be removed from the game!', which still holds true to this day.

after testing i can tell you that nullifers consuming stacks isn't that big of a deal, after killing 10 nullies with melee all stack up on each other i lose about eh 7-10 stacks on average. getting those back is easy if your teammates are not killing everything... the big issue is they messed his ult up with the change it is not giving stacks reliably. you literally cannot rely on maggots for stacks if you cant kill anything with your one now. that with the nulli is bad, if it wasn't bugged currently it wouldn't be as big of an issue as it seems

15 minutes ago, Reedfish said:

i did some testing with nullies at about level 125, and i only lost stacks at intervals of about 1-0.5 seconds or so, multiple nullies do not stack this rate either. id like to know how high of a level the nullies you tested where .o.

They were starchart-levelled nullifiers. Don't remember quite which planet, but a sedna fissure sounds right.

3 hours ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

However, I do get that Nidus should still have SOME consequence for entering said bubbles, so I have a counteroffer: When Nidus is inside a nullifier bubble, his stacks do not give any of their normal passive buffs, nor can he enter undying while in a nullifier bubble. This accomplishes the same thing (making nullifiers something to be feared), while also making nullifiers not unfairly weighted against nidus specifically.

So, this sounds AMAZING on paper, but I've been playing Nidus for about 24 hours now and while it is annoying that Nullies now kill my stacks, I'm only mastery rank 6 and have not once needed to use undying going up to defense wave 35 with early game gear and 1 teammate playing Oberon. Nidus is OP, regardless of this nerf, in my opinion and doesn't need to be changed. I can still solo Kala Azar until wave 25 as long as my Nikana has Molten. I can still solo any mission up to Europa(after that I need atleast 1 teammate ONLY because of my early game gear). They did a damn fine job with Nidus, and the only change I can possibly ask for is that the link skill(which is largely useless, in my opinion) gets changed to something like what the mutalist moa use, a throwable but much much smaller version of his 4th skill.