Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Awankening (Quest for Hunhow)

ZeroGenmu

So I was thinking about Hunhow and how a questline would eventually lead to him being the final boss. Obviously DE would end up releasing a few missions ahead of time to hint towards the final quest such as unlocking the Sentient Arm quest, In depth story of the Stalker and final lore revealing what he is, and then the final quest revealing the final fight between the Tenno and Hunhow. So here’s my take on a mission revolving around the Sentient Hunhow

The Distress Signal - Near Earth

Lotus - “ Tenno, I’ve intercepted a distress signal near you. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever seen. Could it be? No, Impossible, it’s from… The Stalker?”

Shadow Stalker - “Tenno… Be… Betrayed… A second time...  St... Sta... away… from...”

Ordis - “Transmission cut operator. Seems like he was warning us? What shall I do?”

Options:

• We need Save him, even if he’s our enemy. - Sun

• Triangulate the Distress call Ordis, lets find out what’s going on. - Neutral

• He’s weak, we can finally end him. Find him Ordis. - Moon

Sun Dialogue - Spy Mission

Ordis - “Triangulating Distress call. Unfortunately there’s a fleet of Corpus ships interfering with my triangulations Operator.”

Lotus - “Tenno infiltrate the the ship and turn off whatever is stopping Ordis from finding the Distress beacon’s location.”

Neutral Dialogue - Mobile Defense

Lotus - “It could be a trap Tenno, proceed with caution.”

Ordis - “Triangulation interference Operator, you’ll have to find a way to stop the interference for me to find the location.”

Sun Dialogue - Sabotage

Ordis - “Triangulation interference by a fleet of Corpus ships operator. Rip them apaaarrRTT. I mean you’ll have to find a way to turn off whatever they’re using to interfere with my triangulation.

Lotus - “Do not underestimate your opponents operator, The stalker will still be a formidable opponent, weakened or not.”

The Trap

After returning from the first quest Ordis is able to find the exact location of the distress beacon.

Ordis - “Transmission located operator it’s… Right on top of us?

Lotus - “TENNO GET OUT OF THERE AT ONCE!”

As Lotus finishes her dialogue a cutscene triggers.

Hunhow warps right on top of the Orbiter. A fleet of Sentients surround the Orbiter.

Lotus - “Hunhow… it was you! What have you done with The Stalker?”

Hunhow - “What have I done? You’ve taken my technology and used it against me, So I naturally did the same. He’s served his purpose for the last time.”

A damaged Stalker with Sentient technology grafted onto his body is revealed in front of Hunhow. As a group of Sentients approach Stalkers damaged body a bright light shines and creates a shockwave. A transference interference screen happens separating the operator from the Warframe.

The operator wakes up in a damaged ship as the Sentients start their assault on the Orbiter. Ordis desperately tries to evade their attacks but it’s no use. It’s one of you versus the entire Sentient fleet.

Ordis - “Operator! Wake up Operator! You need to get to the landing craft and escape!”

Lotus - “Ten...Tenno… Safe? Hun...ow jamming sign..al”

Ordis - “ Hurry Operator there isn’t much time, shields are only at 10%”

The Operator has to find their way to their Landing Craft (Assuming we’ll get the Orbiter by the time we have a Hunhow quest.) As the Operator makes it to their Landing Craft a Sentient rips it’s way through the hull of the Orbiter and destroys all but 1 Landing Craft (Whichever the player has equipped). (The vacuum of space doesn’t suck the operator into space since there’s an internal shield that keeps anything from being sucked out just in case something like this happens.)

The Operator will have to defeat the Sentient by themselves at this point. Once defeated another cutscene triggers.

Ordis - “Operator the shields are going down… I’m sorry I’ve failed you.”

As the shields go down the Orbiter is covered in fire and explosions. And at that moment a Warframe sweeps in and carries the Operator into space.

Lotus - “Ordis! Expand the Archwing shields to surround the Warframe!”

Ordis - “Lotus what are you?! It cannot be…”

Lotus - “Now Ordis!”

Ordis - “Rewriting Archwing programming. It’s done Lotus.”

Shields from the Archwing expand around the Warframe keeping the Operator safe in the Vacuum of space. As the camera reveals the Operator’s Warframe carrying him/her in it’s arms.

Operator - “But how is this possible? Is that you Lotus?”

Lotus - “Yes Tenno, by forcing transference I am able to take control of your warframe, but for just a moment. I don’t know how long I can hold on, I can feel my consciousness slipping. It was never meant for anyone except you.”

Hunhow - “So… this is what you have become Natah? You have brought shame to me and your kind. You’re out of options, and now, you’ll die with your precious abominations.”

Hunhow prepares to charge up a laser.

Ordis - “Suck it Hunhow!

Ordis flies the Orbiter at full speed, knocking away any sentients in his way.

Ordis - “It’s been a pleasure serving you Operator. Lotus, keep the Operator safe for me please.”

Lotus -” I will Ordis.”

Ordis drives the Orbiter into Hunhow interrupting his attack for a few moments.

Lotus - “Operator we’re going to have to make our way to earth, I’m going to need your Void abilities to keep the warframe from burning up in reentry.

A mission begins as Lotus flies around the battlefield trying to make her way to Earth. The player’s job is to keep any Sentient away with their Void attacks.

When the mission is done Lotus flies down towards Earth and the Operator places their hand forward creating a Void shield in front of them. As they descend to Earth the Void shield begins to weaken. As the Operator blacks out the mission ends.

Escape from Earth

As the Operator wakes up he/she sees a campfire in front of them. As your vision begins to focus you see a damaged Warframe sitting on a log looking down at you. (Your archwing burns up in reentry. Your Warframe takes the brunt of the impact which is why it’s so damaged.)

Lotus - “Awake, Tenno?”

Operator - “Lotus…? Where are we?”

Lotus - “Earth.”

Operator - “And Ordis?”

Lotus - “He’s… gone.”

Operator - “So now what? Everything’s gone, we’re stuck on this forsaken planet with no way off. What do we do?”

Lotus - “That’s for you to decide. Unfortunately I won’t be able to guide you much longer my Tenno. This transference can’t be held long. I can feel the Warframe trying to push me out of it’s consciousness already.”

Operator - “But then what?! Will you be ok? Where are you?”

Lotus - “In time tenno you will find out, I promise. But now is not the time. You must decide what you want to do so you may live another day. I will help you for as long as I can.”

Options:

“We’ll find a way to get off this planet.” - Sun

“Maybe it’s best if we stayed and worked out a plan for a bit longer” - Neutral

“I’m going to need my Warframe back Lotus” - Moon

Sun Dialogue:

Lotus - “There might be a Grineer ship nearby we could use to get off the planet.”

Neutral Dialogue:

Lotus - “A wise decision, I will help guide you as long as I can.”

Moon Dialogue:

Lotus- “... If that is your wish.”

Both Sun and Neutral will have Lotus in your Warframe guiding you to the objective. Choosing Moon will make Lotus cut the transference and allow the Operator back into the Warframe.

At this point you’re probably wondering, “Well why not just let Lotus give you your Warframe so you can just make it easier to finish the mission?” In my mind Lotus is the motherly figure that wants to protect you every step of the way. By making her cut the transference you’re basically saying that you don’t need her anymore. Which is why the pick is Moon.

Sun Mission will have the most involvement with Lotus as your warframe, she’ll be with you until the mission is finished. Neutral will have her cutout 2/3 into the mission allowing you to use your Warframe once again. And of course Moon will allow you to use your Warframe right away.

Dialogue throughout the mission:

Sun/ Neutral:

Lotus - “This appears to be a Grineer water plant. There’s probably a ship nearby we can use to escape.”

Operator - “But where to? Where would we go?”

Lotus - “The moon, I maybe able to put the moon back in the void, giving us a base of operations to work with.”

Operator - “But didn’t we destroy the device keeping the moon in the void?”

Lotus - “Let me worry about that Tenno.”

Sun:

Lotus - “There’s the ship, I’ll distract them while you sneak on board, but be quick Tenno if they trigger an alarm we won’t be able to escape.”

Neutral:

Lotus - “There it is Tenno, a ship. You’ll have to sneak around the guards, any alarms and the lockdown sequence will prevent us from launching that ship.”

At this point Lotus is forced out of the Warframe allowing the Tenno to take full control of the Warframe again.

Moon:

Operator - “This seems to be a Grineer water plant. There’s probably a ship I could steal to get off this planet.

Operator: There’s the ship, but where would I go?

End dialogues: Queen dialogues in parenthesis are said to the Elder Queen or by the Elder Queen.

As the Tenno makes their way towards the ship, The Queen(s) present themselves. Lotus will try to engage the Queens if the player picked the Sun path, but at this point the Warframe will force the Lotus out before it’s able to strike the Queen.

Sun/ Neutral/ Moon

Operator: “The Queen(s)! what are you doing here?”

Younger Queen - “Well this is a surprise (isn’t it sister)? I never thought that Lotus of all people, would dare do the forbidden transference. After all the side effects from what I heard are quite ghastly for your kind.”

Elder Queen (Younger Queen if Elder Queen is dead.) - “(Quiet!) I have a proposition. You see the Sentients have been causing Havoc all over the solar system trying to find your mangled corpses. I’ll allow you safe passage to the Moon if you do me a favor. Surprised that we know what your plan is? Hahaha! You’re so predictable. So what do you say?”

Operator (Sun/ Neutral/ Moon) - “Alright what do you want?”

Elder Queen (Younger Queen if Elder Queen is Dead): “There is a Kuva Refinery that’s currently being guarded by Sentients. Our forces have been trying to take back the refinery but naturally they’ve been useless. If you help my forces take down those pesky Sentients then we’ll take you to the Moon unharmed.”

Kuva Refinery

Elder/ Younger Queen - “There it is boy, you know what to do, I’m sure with that tincan you can take care of it easily.”

The mission is a series of hacking panels to unlock doors and pathways. The final mission is the protecting a giant Kuva Siphon, as the Kuva Guards will slowly move them into a Grineer Galleon. The more Grineer Allies you have alive the faster the mission. The mission fails when all Grineer allies are dead or if the Kuva Siphon gets destroyed.

Once the mission is completed the player will have a choice.

Sun: Honor the agreement and give the Kuva willingly to the Queen(s)

Neutral: Release the Kuva

Moon: Take the Kuva for yourself

The main point of the mission is to safely protect the Giant Kuva Siphon as it’s a new prototype Siphon that gathers an immense amount of Kuva quickly and efficiently for the Queens. Which is why releasing the Kuva or absorbing it will only annoy the Queens but ultimately the Siphon is what they want so they’ll still guide you to the Moon even if they are a bit peeved.

The Moon

As the Galleon makes it to the surface of the moon a cutscene begins as well as the mission.

Elder/ Younger Queen - “Have fun on your mission, but what you may find may not be the answer you’re looking for. After all we’ve all seen what happens when the truth is revealed, HAHAHA.”

As the ship leaves the Tenno walks towards a giant Citadel. There a whisper from a familiar voice calls to you.

Lotus - “Tenno… are you there tenno?”

Operator - “Lotus?! Where are you!”

The mission begins as the player has to explore the Citadel. Void fissures appear on the moon trying to stop the player from progressing. As the player progresses through the Citadel voices from the Lotus will guide the player to the final destination.

The final room a broken elevator will reveal itself, leading deep under the Citadel. As the player takes the elevator down a massive room reveals itself. A massive room with what looks like the transference roots in the orbiter. As the player descends deeper down a Giant purple and blue sentient reveals itself sitting almost unconscious like. As steam is released through the floor an object slowly rises, revealing cords leading from the Sentient to the Lotus.

Operator - “Lotus… it… it can’t be… I knew you were a Sentient but not like this.”

Lotus - “This is who I really am Tenno, I’m sorry for deceiving you but it had to be done.”

Operator (Sun) - “I understand, you had to do what was needed to guide me along the path.”

Operator (Neutral) - “...I need some time to adjust to this…”

Operator (Moon) - “YOU LIAR! What else have you been keeping from me?!”

Lotus - “I’m so sorry, but everything I have ever done was to keep you safe. Unfortunately my time is nearing an end. The transference with your Warframe has interfered with my ability to transfer my consciousness into this person. Will you help me finally become the Lotus or would you rather me stay in my true form. Whatever your choice I will accept it.”

Sun - “There has to be another way.” (Space magic, fixing the lotus allowing her to stay as both Sentient and as a Human)

Neutral - “You’ll be the Lotus to me no matter what.” (Transfer Lotus’s consciousness into the body.)

Moon - “No more lies.” (Kill the body, forcing the Lotus to stay in her Sentient form.)

As the Operator makes his final choice Hunhow will voice his opinion revealing himself over the Moon.

Hunhow - “So you finally figured out the truth. Your choice intrigues me. Regardless, this is where we say our final farewell. Good bye Natah.”

As the Citadel starts falling down on the Operator and The Lotus a landing craft flies it’s way down the shaft. A familiar voice speaks.

Ordis - “Operator get in now!”

Operator - “Ordis! You’re alive!”

Sun:  The Canopy lifts up, the Operator carries Lotus’s body into the ship with him. The Landing Craft and Sentient Body of the Lotus escapes to safety.

Neutral: The Landing craft reveals a 2nd way to enter the shift. Both Lotus and Operator jumps into the shift and Ordis flies them to safety.

Moon: It’ll be the original extraction. The Landing Craft and Sentient Lotus will fly out to safety.

Operator - “Ordis how did you survive the crash?”

Ordis - “I managed to upload myself into the Landing Craft’s systems and fly to safety. With Hunhow and the Sentients focusing on you it was easy for me to escape.”

Lotus - “So you used us as decoys?”

Ordis - “Yeeesssss suck it losers. No that was not my original intentions.”

Operator - “It’s ok Ordis I’m just glad you got us out of there.”

Ordis - “So how are we going to deal with Hunhow.”

Lotus - “We don’t. He’s too powerful. For now we’ll have to retreat.”

Ancient Artifact

Lotus - “Ordis while Hunhow is searching for us, take us over to the dark side of the Moon. There’s an ancient artifact I have kept hidden away for this day.”

Ordis - “Ancient artifact? You can’t possibly mean… It was never fully tested by the Orokin, the Operator could die…”

Lotus - “True, but it’s our only shot. Its power supply was flawed, used from old technology long lost and imperfected. If the Operator uses their Void energy to power it up, then it could work.”

Ordis - “Very well, Operator you might actually win this, if you don’t blow up that is…”

The Landing Craft descends into a crater

Ordis - “Operator this is as far as I can go, you’ll have to make your way through the tunnels alone from here.”

Lotus - “Operator take this datamass with you. Once you reach the vault security will trigger, you’ll need me to hack through the security to turn it off and open the vault.”

Since the player’s Archwing was damaged from the reentry the player will have to pick another Archwing for the mission.

It’s a simple Archwing mission flying through tunnels and shooting rocks to get through places. Once the player reaches the destination an alarm will sound triggering the security system. New types of enemies will appear guarding the vault ahead.

It’s a simple Mobile Defense find 3 consoles and defend them for 2 minutes each.

Enemies will robotic Orokin Guards using a Sword and Shield. They can block most incoming attacks from the front so the player will have to either bait out an attack or attack from the back. The guards are also equipped to fight against void energy so be careful when using Warframe abilities as they might rebound back to the player.

Once the mission is done the security will shut down and the Vault door will open.

Ordis - “Operator you did it!”

As the player walks forward a giant Prototype suit appears, a third bigger than our warframes, clad in silver and gold.

Lotus - “There it is, one of the earliest weapons the Orokin developed to fight the Sentients. You could say it was the first of the Warframes, before other methods were used. It was never perfected, and it had many flaws but it was powerful beyond anything I’ve ever seen. The inability to control it resulted in different approaches which lead to the creation of the Warframe. With this, and your Warframe you can finally take down Hunhow for good. They called it, Aegis (placeholder name for now). ”

Ordis - “Operator! They’ve found us!”

Operator - “I’m on my way Ordis.”

The player has to fly out of the tunnels in the new prototype suit. There’s a timer and if the timer reaches 0 the player will have to restart the tunnel part of the mission.

Escaping Hunhow

When the player get out of the tunnels Hunhow is looming over the crater. The only thing visible is his glowing energy.

The Landing Craft tries to escape, and the player has to protect the Landing Craft from Sentients and an occasional laser blast from Hunhow.

Aegis can deploy shields to defend the landing craft. It’s an important ability as it will play an important part in preventing Hunhow from shooting his lasers at the ship which will deal a massive amount of damage.

Aegis has has cannons that uses your Void Energy to power it. Aegis’s cannons has 2 modes, automatic, and a shotgun mode (no it’s not crap like Corvas lol).

Shotgun mode is used to deal with a large cluster of enemies, because it uses Void Energy it’s range is a lot better than the Corvas. Also has good fire rate since it uses Void Energy as well although it will force the gun to cool down a lot faster.

Automatic is self explanatory pew pew away.

Aegis also comes with a sword as well. Switching to melee will change Aegis into it’s offensive mode giving him a different set of abilities which will focus on more offense than defense. In this mode it won’t be able to deploy shields but it can deal with a large amount of enemies faster.

Archwing will be attached to Aegis’s back rather than the lower hip like on warframes. After unlocking Aegis his melee weapon can be replaced with any Archwing Melee weapon.

I was thinking Aegis can be tied to the Focus system as well as having different focuses equipped will change the types of defensive abilities Aegis can have.

Hunhow battle pt.1

After escorting the Landing Craft to safety the first fight between the player and Hunhow will begin.

Hunhow - “Enough games, it’s time we ended this once and for all Tenno.”

Throughout the fight the player has to destroy certain nodes on hunhow causing him to destabilize. Lotus will give you instructions as to which nodes to destroy. The objective of the mission is to force him to crash into the moon. Sentients will try to stop you throughout the mission making it difficult for players to proceed.

Hunhow battle pt.2

As Hunhow crashes to the surface of the moon the player follows. The player exists out of Aegis and walks towards the damaged body of Hunhow.

Ordis - “Is it finally over?”

Lotus - “I think so, even if he was a Sentient there’s no way he would survive that crash. Wait something’s missing. Tenno look out!”

What looks like Stalker attacks the operator. A fusion between both Hunhow and the Stalker emerges from the dust.

Hunhow - “Like I said, you took my technology and used against me, so now I am doing the same.”

A battle between Hunhow Stalker and the player begins. At half health Hunhow will start summoning 2 Sentients to help him.

Hunhow - “I am not alone Tenno, but you are.”

Hunhow can also control his bigger body to shoot an occasional burst of lasers at the player at once below 50% health.

Ordis - “No he’s not Hunhow!”

Ordis can reprogram the Aegis and install himself into it helping the player against Hunhow.

End of mission Dialogue

As Hunhow Stalker dies before you the Sentient pieces of Hunhow crumbles away revealing Stalker back to his original state.

Lotus - “It’s over… Goodbye Hunhow.”

Hunhow - “You think you’ve won… but it’s only the beginning. They’ve awoken, and they know you’re here. They will avenge me and bring order to this system.”

Operator - “And I’ll be here waiting to take them down like I did you.”

Ordis - “Operator you did it!”

The Stalker wakes

Stalker - “Tenno…”

And poofs away.

Lotus - “You did it Tenno, You’ve defeated Hunhow. But it’s not over, we must prepare ourselves for the coming war. And this time you won’t be able to do it alone, we got lucky this time. Next time we’ll need everyone.”

Operator (sun) -  “I’ll need your help Lotus to unite everyone.”

Operator (neutral) - “And when that time comes we’ll be ready.”

Operator (moon) - “I’ll be here and, I’ll be ready.”

Finishing the game will allow the player to unlock Aegis. Aegis can be deployed in mission once the charge meter is full (default button 6?) Aegis has a timer before it runs out of Void Energy, Aegis can be restored again by activating your Focus ability. The more damage Aegis takes the faster the Void Energy will be used up as it takes Void Energy to sustain it’s shields. Holding 6 will Deploy Aegis with Ordis inside it allowing him to fight alongside the player. Aegis’s stats can be customized with Focus points.

Hope you guys enjoyed the read.

Alright, so on a serious note, this is quite an interesting quest. Especially where the Lotus comes to save you..... however, I was thinking, wouldn't it be way cooler if the Lotus showed up in her own Battalyst/Conculyst form? It might make more sense lore wise, because I'm not sure if the Lotus (being a Sentient herself and all) could even interact with a suit that is filled with Void energy.

Also, the Elder Queen is dead, no matter which choice you make. If you chose to "Let Her Rot" in the War Within, it means she just dies off screen of old age. Might want to switch it up a bit.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

50 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Alright, so on a serious note, this is quite an interesting quest. Especially where the Lotus comes to save you..... however, I was thinking, wouldn't it be way cooler if the Lotus showed up in her own Battalyst/Conculyst form? It might make more sense lore wise, because I'm not sure if the Lotus (being a Sentient herself and all) could even interact with a suit that is filled with Void energy.

Also, the Elder Queen is dead, no matter which choice you make. If you chose to "Let Her Rot" in the War Within, it means she just dies off screen of old age. Might want to switch it up a bit.

The reason why I didn't get Lotus to show her Sentient self was because I figured if she left then she would no longer be able to communicate with the Tenno also it would of been a nice reveal later on. I'm pretty sure that our frames aren't filled with Void Energy, it's just our Operators are. I can always change it if lore states otherwise. 

I assumed letting her rot was just a figure of speech. But it would make it a lot more simple if she was. I can just remove her dialogue and change it to the younger Queen if that's the case. 

2 hours ago, ZeroGenmu said:

The reason why I didn't get Lotus to show her Sentient self was because I figured if she left then she would no longer be able to communicate with the Tenno also it would of been a nice reveal later on. I'm pretty sure that our frames aren't filled with Void Energy, it's just our Operators are. I can always change it if lore states otherwise. 

I assumed letting her rot was just a figure of speech. But it would make it a lot more simple if she was. I can just remove her dialogue and change it to the younger Queen if that's the case. 

It would probably be easier for you, right? Might as well lmao

5 hours ago, ZeroGenmu said:

Yes, but we don't know where she is, or how she got a human like body. It'll be pretty cool imo if she was attached to a sentient body still

Sentients can change into whatever shape they want apparently.... they are comprised of "An Oily Substance"