Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #85 Overview

AM-Bunny

3 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

They acknowledged that they made the cost too high, and that they would remain cognizant of it in the future to prevent it from happening again.

Good... but i believe that was basicly said for Sibear as well, I'd have to go back and see. Anyway, another wait and see.

I am severely disappointed in DE's decision to leave the Hema's research cost unchanged because a few players came out and said "Nu, change dat and eet hurt mah pridez." All I see from this is DE continuing to be spineless and giving into not upsetting the few while ignoring the cries of the many, so unless the Mutagen Sample drop rate is drastically increased and spread over multiple areas to be equal to Detonite Ampules and Fieldron Samples, this weapon had better never be a prerequisite for future research.

3 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

They acknowledged that they made the cost too high, and that they would remain cognizant of it in the future to prevent it from happening again.

Didn't they say that when the community lashed out over the resource costs for the Knux and Sibear? We should know that pretty much means "We'll end up adding another ridiculous requirement in a few months, so get over it."

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

That is emphatically very much not the same thing as saying "We will not make the Hema a pre-requisite for future Clan research."

So, yeah. The Hema is, as predicted, going to gate future Bio Lab research.

You're correct, it's not the same thing.

However, I think that since they're aware it was quite unreasonable, they also understand that making it a pre-requisite is the same as imposing that unreasonable cost again. I doubt they'd do it, though I hadn't considered that barrier to be honest.

6 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Then in this case the stuff about the Mutagen Samples should not be "Considered".  It should be Acted Upon immediately..

18 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Damage 3.0 is still very uncertain, now it sounds as though the devs aren't committing to removing Serration/mandatory mods -- it may introduce new tiers of enemies rather than altering  player's loadouts

I'm pretty sad about this, for me that's one of the most important things necessary in the game... 

1 minute ago, AM-Bunny said:

You're correct, it's not the same thing.

However, I think that since they're aware it was quite unreasonable, they also understand that making it a pre-requisite is the same as imposing that unreasonable cost again. I doubt they'd do it, though I hadn't considered that barrier to be honest.

The thing is, your statement here can be simplified: "I wouldn't expect DE to make an epic screwup and force it on the players like that."

They kind of just did exactly that. I fully expect them to slightly increase the Mutagen Sample drop rate, and then make the Hema a Bio Lab pre-req for the next weapon.

So, come play Subnautica instead. 

3 minutes ago, PapaFragolino said:

Here we go again, DE trying to fix again a major problem with lazy bandaids.

Not going to lie, I was really disappointed when I heard them backpedaling out of Damage 3.0.

I was really excited for the system, but now it sounds like they're pretty much saying 'it's good the way it is, don't need to touch it'

23 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Helminth Cyst
• If you have a fully matured Cyst, you will be able to enter the Infested Room (without Nidus) and sit in the chair to have the Cyst permanently removed

So, why exactly was it created again? To irritate players? Because if it's for some quest, they could add with the quest. And they threw it in the game and went on vacation. And now they say you can just remove it. I'm at a loss of words. It's like someone hacked DE's pcs while they were on Holidays made all these ridiculous changes and ran away. I hope real DE team is back now

Edited by Hesyol

Just now, AM-Bunny said:

Not going to lie, I was really disappointed when I heard them backpedaling out of Damage 3.0.

I was really excited for the system, but now it sounds like they're pretty much saying 'it's good the way it is, don't need to touch it'

The moment we got Riven Mods, Damage 3.0 was dead in the water. I have known this since November, mate. I've been saying it openly on the forums since before Christmas.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The moment we got Riven Mods, Damage 3.0 was dead in the water. I have known this since November, mate. I've been saying it openly on the forums since before Christmas.

Yeah, I knew this too, I suppose I was just disappointed to see them pretty much dismiss all the concerns that Damage 3.0 was set to address and act as though what we have is perfect.

16 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Yeah, I knew this too, I suppose I was just disappointed to see them pretty much dismiss all the concerns that Damage 3.0 was set to address and act as though what we have is perfect.

They already said it was not perfect blatantly in the devstream. Besides the new idea is not that bad. Making enemies funner and have more skill while still allowing the the mob mentality gameplay sounds like "if done right" one of the best changes to warframe so far.

44 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

• There is consideration being put into raising the Mutagen Sample droprate or having it drop in chunks of 2 or 3 to alleviate the grind

Pretty irrelevant when the cost is still 100x higher than any other item before and the samples can only be farmed in 2 planets and with very low drop rates.

50 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

There is consideration being put into raising the Mutagen Sample droprate or having it drop in chunks of 2 or 3 to alleviate the grind

C'mon DE, there are other options: 

Edit 1: Although I have agreed that a three fold increase is good enough.

Edit 2: Let me expain that... I got tired of farming that thing in derrelict every day when I had contributed 40% of the total cost for my Ghost Clan. If the drop were 3 times more, I would have endured enough to do it alone.

Edited by theraot

Just now, The_Doc said:

Pretty irrelevant when the cost is still 100x higher than any other item before and the samples can only be farmed in 2 planets and with very low drop rates.

Still beter, if they make it drop by even just 2 for every one that cuts the 24 hour single person grind in half because you just doubled the drop chance.