Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Watching Devstream #85!

[DE]Rebecca

So, two or three said Hema cost was fine and Steve listens to those few instead and leaves it as is? They say then they won't release a weapon with such a huge sticker shock. So you won't change the cost but admit it might be too much???? Ugh, 2017, the year Warframe starts sinking although it started before that really with Nitain, Kuva, Argon Crystals, Oxium, and the general march towards Korean grind. I used to play everyday. Now it's like twice a week because I'm so sick of the grind. DE doesn't appreciate my time they just want it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)abb12355 said:

When are you going to make that Zephyr deluxe skin? We waited over a year and it's still not out? And all these frames are cutting in line... this is ridiculous. 

Zephyr has the longest deluxe skin reveal-release ratio. 

The second longest is banshee, at 5-6 months...

Deluxe skins happen when they happen. Designs can be iterative, and it's likely that the Zephyr deluxe skin has changed designs a few times, compared to others like Frost that potentially haven't really changed at all. Also bare in mind that they were wanting to add special graphical effects for her skin, which might very well require additional work.

1 hour ago, Stoner74 said:

>__>

This is a simple fix, that would make everyone happy. These blocks are literally the only thing messing up with the lore. 

Oh well, I'm done here. 

Modifying models and textures to suit those changed models isn't really a "simple fix".

And Steve sounds like he's starting to go back in removing Serration.

Alright, we need to stop and have a chat about this for a solid minute.

It's been a while since Damage 3.0 was addressed directly, I get that. Between then and now, you guys had to churn out The War Within, on top of a few hellish crunches to get content out to players to fill out 2016. But just because your perspective has changed with time, doesn't mean the issue has.

We aren't asking for things like Serration to change because we feel enemies are too hard or aren't hard enough, and most of us aren't terribly concerned about the lost investment either; we know you want to respect it, but if the Steel Charge change a couple years back taught us anything, simple compensation for our efforts is plenty to remind us that you care, and it literally takes 1 Forma to remove a V slot from a weapon (which we probably wouldn't anyway, just because V mods are the most common).
Hek, the only solution that shows a lack of respect for investments is just taking the mods we already have, and diminishing them wholesale without compensation. We've already seen that solution with Vacuum -- wasn't pretty, was it?

We asked for Serration and its ilk to be addressed because they're mandatory. Check your players: virtually every single build, on every single weapon, has a slot saved for a boring +damage% mod. The fact that enemies already have exponential scaling is exactly the reason why we can't even say leaving it out is a viable option. There's literally zero point to giving us the "freedom" and "flexibility" of mod selection if our choices are predetermined the instant we pick up the weapon. Changing enemies to make them harder to oneshot won't solve the behavior -- in fact, it'll just make the issue worse.

It's been a while. Take a look again. Remind yourselves why we asked for it, before you overreach with solutions that won't fix the problem.

Really - anyone who has already made a Charger and dealt with the rushed Cyst System should get the Charger-Skin for free.

Additionally - leaving the frankly insulting research requirements in place for the Hema because 'some people have done it already' (including ourselves) is absurd.

Reduce it to 20% of what it is (and then it's still really high), and be done with it.

Give all the clans that already did it some vaulted resources or a statue or something if you're bothered about that.

Edited by DarkOvion

Wait! He's keeping the Hema AS IS because of the 1% that got it!? I can't believe Steve just dismissed everyone in the community like that... There is nothing in the labs that has even 200 mutagen resource as a requirement and Hema need 5000! Where did they came up with this number? It might be "obtainable" in big countries like US or Russia, but in Europe, where there is lots of language barriers and small number of players per country, small clans are doomed.

I am General in a clan of 8 people and I usually farm every new item myself to give my fellow clan members. I did the double dark sword. The Cautacist... How am I going to get this? In a year of playing I've only got like 700 mutagen... What am I supposed to do? Make it a requirement to be in the clan? Obligate everyone to give it?... He just turned Warframe into a sweatshop.

with the sentient arm cannon being a thing now (as well as a Broken war and war) could we see Sentients as more of a faction now? with the current units being like special or boss type units (maybe even stalker equivilent) also would we see a possible Sentient lab for dojos in the future? would be great to have sentients as more of a faction rather than just crash bandicoot and disco steve

As always, thanks for the stream.
Time is a limited resource. Time that's spent on communicating is time not spent on other things.
If you want to know what's important to a person, look at where they invest their time and effort.
So while we I may or may not like what you say about whatever subject, the fact that you make the time for them says 'this is important'.

So, welcome back to the couch and another year.
Hope you enjoy the ride.

-----

Hema:
I can appreciate the dilemma regarding undoing something that players have invested in. (Which is one of the reasons Primed damage mods incensed me so, coming on the tail of the initial 'removing damage mods' Damage 3.0 talk as they did)
But, respectfully, I'm not sure that you really do appreciate the pain of farming mutagen samples.

They currently drop in exactly 2 places: Eris - as a rare resource, and the only spot a research mat is a rare - and Orokin Derelict, which is keylocked and therefore not puggable.

So unless one lives in the Derelicts (playing ODE for vaults, or ODS/ODD for (forma BP,) exp or relics - and for both there are better alternatives), you can't just go 'oh, well a player will accrue those passively, while playing the game, and be able to complete the Hema eventually'.

I mean, I have around 3.5k mutagen samples, and around the same number of hours logged.
(Assuming that's representative,) even in your best-case scenario, with a full and fully active and contributing clan - 500 hours is pretty darn hefty.

But for all of that, it's not even the quantity, large other otherwise, that bothers me about Hema.
It's the gratuitous inconvenience. The fact that it doesn't dovetail well with anything else (besides combined Vault/ODS challenge runs, and no one I know does those).

Compare it with the Javlok Capacitors (which I understand and dislike - yay, another unique choke resource cluttering up my screen, inventory, etc.), at least it's on an open planet.

There are alerts there, a valuable rare resource, syndicate missions. Sure, you can put together a Nekros/Ivara/Atlas/Pilfroid and complete it in 2 spawns, but you will reasonably pick up enough capacitors sooner or later even if you don't.
(Discounting Eris as a source of mutagen samples because given rare resource drop rates, I'd honestly expect to die of old age before gathering 5k solo,) what do you have to do in the Derelict? Vaults (basically one(-per-mod)-and-done), ODA (which is alright, but not huge numbers of spawns and a boss fight), and -again ODE or ODC- for Cat-scans; which - again is 10-and-done, and not huge numbers of spawns.
There's very little compelling about going to the derelict, so you're pretty much only there for the samples.

All that said, I did do a half-dozen meta-farm runs with some friends, and can see it being a long term 'run-a-day' goal, if you have who to run it with.
Solo clan? Larger clan, but full of old, now-inactive friends who come-for-large-updates (which are what give Warframe its high-water playercount marks)?
Yeah, sucks to be you.
Which comes back around to the 'out of the way'-ness of farming for Mutagen samples.

tl;dr
Increasing stack-size will help players achieve the goals sooner.
Making them a common drop - instead of rare - on Eris will make the goal realistically passively attainable.
Either, neither, both. Your call.

P.S.
All this is not even starting on basing the cost on 'mutagen sample stockpiles', which -I'd wager- exist primarily among players from U10, when it was a common star chart drop.
I get that it wasn't intended, but latecomer penalties are always so much fun.

-----

Nullifier (drones):
I appreciate the direction (helping high damage low RoF compete).
But please keep in mind - small spaces + horde mode + damage scaling + enemy accuracy degraded by player movement doesn't play nice with taking time to ADS placed shots... unless everyone's mezzed, which nullifier bubbles disallow.
(see: 'Can't be tactical when the game's throwing 60+ enemies at you at a time' chat comment.)

tl;dr - thanks, please playtest this in 'serious' content before rollout (an endless sortie without a brain-dead Nullifier solution ought to do), and good luck.

Regarding Rebecca's comment:
Yes, more enemies potentially means more loot, but that presupposes that you can survive of more than 0.25 seconds of sustained fire without melting.

And high enemy density only comes with high enemy scaling.
And the point by which you're facing 60 (or even 40) enemies at a time is rather past the point you can just smush them instantly and then roll around in your piles of loot, if you're not playing a dedicated tank frame, or in a CC-heavy group.

-----

Earth remaster looks gorgeous. :3

Will it also include an audio overhaul like the one George showed last devstream for the Shipyard tileset?

-----

Damage 3.0

Disclaimer - I'm biased.
I very much favor gameplay that encourages me to get better - and then rewards me for it when I do.

Thank you for talking about this, post-Rivens.

"Long, drawn-out and non-committal" though it might have been, I'm actually tentatively pleased with it.

Even ignoring skill, combat currently doesn't reward effort.
I can take the time to line up a triple headshot with my sniper rifle, or I can just hose down the door with a bullet hose. Or take a Mirage+Simulor and W+LMB.
Not only will it be faster (in most cases), but I can achieve the same results while jumpflipdiving around the room to avoid incoming fire - much harder to do while trying for a headshot. And particularly since the hipfire penalty was added to non-scoped sniper shots.
Still works fine with bows, though.

A direction I'd like to see; is allowing brute force, but actively rewarding skill/accuracy/effort/etc.
Like the concept behind Ancient Healers.
You can brute-force your way through their aura if need be, but it's much more efficient (be it in time or ammo) to isolate or eliminate the Healer (rad procs, Rift, Chaos, or just specifically target it with your gun instead of spraying into the horde), and then mop up everyone else.
Less practical when you're getting 3 per spawn-group and a couple of eximi tossed in. But the fundamental idea's good.

So, you can load up on damage mods and low effort, low efficiency brute-force your way through, or you can tailor a weapon to handle comfortably and finesse your way to victory, making up with elbow grease what your stats lack.

For (an obvious) example: Make a head shot, on an exposed head, with charged shots from bows, and sniper rifles certain weapon types, (and possibly restricted to certain enemy types,) an instant kill.
Make repeated-hits-in-a-timeframe with rifles do HP% damage, on top of their modified damage. Poof, the Hind has a niche.

Of course, I imagine this would take a lot of thought, effort, balancing and possibly some combat-related system overhauls - if it's even possible in the kind of game Warframe is to begin with.
I don't know.

As usual, it really comes down to 'what kind of game do you want Warframe to be?'.

-----

Happy streaming, Steve. (Sunday afternoons, on Twitch.)

Edited by Chroia
Spoiler tags being uncooperative.

On 1/6/2017 at 10:06 PM, Stoner74 said:

These blocks are literally the only thing messing up with the lore.

It's entire existence as a thing named Valkyr and using it's skill-set is a savage brutalization of the existing lore.

A "Valkyr Prime" would be a frame nothing like Valkyr in gameplay or appearance, because Valkyr is a post-Orokin creation that came about through corpus experiments and not a modern recreation of an original design.