Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

400 day login primed vigor!?!

(PSN)CactusButtons

Just imagine adding Vigor Prime to a frame that already has Vitality and Steel Fiber. You want to make the ultimate tank? I believe that trio would make some frames like Valkyr, Oberon, Chroma, Frost, or Rhino pure walking fortress's.

Edited by MattM01

6 minutes ago, MattM01 said:

Just imagine adding Vigor Prime to a frame that already has Vitality and Steel Fiber. You want to make the ultimate tank? I believe that trio would make some frames like Valkyr, Oberon, Chroma, Frost, or Rhino pure walking fortress's.

It would make no difference at all on most frames once enemies start scaling. Only something like inaros maybe could use some extra hp, and he got free slots for it aswell. On chroma I would struggle to fit it into my build, on rhino no point to bother, frost meh just use that shield augment and get power/range instead, oberon lol.

In reality you really have to try hard to maybe get some use out of it and in the end everyone will get 1 shot eventually, other than truly immortal gimmicks.

1 minute ago, ViS4GE said:

It would make no difference at all on most frames once enemies start scaling. Only something like inaros maybe could use some extra hp, and he got free slots for it aswell. On chroma I would struggle to fit it into my build, on rhino no point to bother, frost meh just use that shield augment and get power/range instead, oberon lol.

In reality you really have to try hard to maybe get some use out of it and in the end everyone will get 1 shot eventually, other than truly immortal gimmicks.

You make a good point but hey the beautiful thing about a game like Warframe is in the player creativity. What may not work for you may work others.

6 hours ago, (PS4)CactusButtons said:

This is prolly the one thing outside of bugs that I will have to complain about. Primed Vigor being a 400 day login reward¿ I'm sorry but if you've been playing for 400 days and still need (primed) vigor then there's something wrong with your playing. This should be sold by Baro if anything. Pretty sure I haven't used vigor since b4 the new login reward system as after playing for a while you learn when you need to parkour your way out of sticky situations. Redirection is the only shield/health mod I use n that's on low armored Warframes, reason for redirection is cause shield replenish's w/o the need of medi-ray, equilibrium, life strike etc.   Would have to call ridiculous 400 day login reward. All the lower login rewards are better then this.  

It's a 2-in-1 efficiency mod that frees up a mod slot.   Veterans who earn it will utilize it for build diversity and specialization.  I can't wait.

In your case, your skill is good enough that you don't find value in it for survivability.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Stahpp it U!  It will be Primed Undying Will; + 1000 % Bleedout Duration for Day 1000 login!

At same time we will get + 400% dmg during bleedout mod and we will see full bleedout parties crawling around in defense missions shooting with kulstar.

4 hours ago, RoboticApplesWithLasers said:

always use vitality over Redirection, so many damage types bypass shields  anyway and hp scales o any armor even  low armor.

That's what I mean by "parkour your way out of a sticky situation, or certain lvls like ODS or other high lvl infested, or t4 void key missions I would bring a trinity or nekros where health is needed in abundance. I also always keep over 750 of health pods, energy etc. even tho on PS4 (not sure about PC) 200 is the max u can bring on 1 mission for all gear. On my controller I have my gear set so I press down on the dead to open gear/emote menu then down again for health then action button, so if I'm not using those characters I can quickly access health pods, lay 4 or 5 down if needed within 2 seconds. Your on PC so you can map it the same for easy acces to health or whichever you would feel best. But medi-ray n guardian on my sentinel usually keep me from having to do so. No matter who I bring. Not sure if this is true either but as to my 1892 hrs of play, it seems like the warframes with more armor n shield lose health faster as the flesh has its own resistance towards damage with lower armored n shield frames. Like once my shield is gone with rhino or frost that their health drops much faster then if I where to use Banshee, Loki, Nekros, Nyx, etc. Nyx n Trinity being the only ones over 100 shield. 

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

It's a 2-in-1 efficiency mod that frees up a mod slot.   Veterans who earn it will utilize it for build diversity and specialization.  I can't wait.

In your case, your skill is good enough that you don't find value in it for survivability.

All my builds from weapons-warframes-sentinels are set on survivability, I test my builds on endless missions. Mainly interception or survival as your not really doing much of an objective that u can lose based off not protecting something with health cause you had to go revive a person that's in another room then the pod/dig site. 

7 hours ago, (PS4)CactusButtons said:

reason for redirection is cause shield replenish's w/o the need of medi-ray, equilibrium, life strike etc.

how much ways to replenish hp do we have? compare to the same for shields.

besides your knowledge of the game mechanics could be better if you have played for 400 days

Edited by Vilmera

Primed vigor is kinda a let down, i mean Azima, Zenistar and Primed Fury are some really cool and unique rewards

and then there's primed vigor in the middle

I mean, if it was for a 50 or a 100 day reward, kinda ok, but for 400 (MORE THAN A YEAR) primed vigor is simply not cool enough, each reward of this kind should surpass its previous one at least

Azima is nice, then theres prime fury, really cool, and then the awesome zenistar... and a primed vigor afterwards...

7 hours ago, Sapphic-Sandra said:

People actually waste mod slots on vitality, redirection, and vigor? I mean I get it on frost and the other two male health caster frames but beyond that who cares? Good offense is the only defense in this game.

Vitality, is one of the most important mod in this game... More than redirection, who doesn't protect you from poison...

And yes I am "wasting" slot for Vitality + Quickthinking + Primed Flow, I personally love this setup.

3 hours ago, Vilmera said:

besides your knowledge of the game mechanics could be better if you have played for 400 days

You would think you would have the mechanics down. When u hear yourself getting hit with a puncture proc and/or slash while lvling warframes (should have all by 400)  or anytime playing you would think to jump away from where the line of fire is at. 

9 hours ago, Sapphic-Sandra said:

People actually waste mod slots on vitality, redirection, and vigor? I mean I get it on frost and the other two male health caster frames but beyond that who cares? Good offense is the only defense in this game.

Someone gets it. Probably the reason y ppl want primed vigor, they got redirection, vitality and vigor on wasting precious mod space that would make the warframes abilities more useful, not getting very far cause their abilities are lack there of and thinking a primed vigor would get them further. 

Edited by (PS4)CactusButtons
typo

13 minutes ago, (PS4)CactusButtons said:

You would think you would have the mechanics down. When u hear yourself getting hit with a puncture proc and/or slash while lvling warframes (should have all by 400)  or anytime playing you would think to jump away from where the line of fire is at. 

Well Cactus, the funny yet unfortunate thing about filthy casuals is that we can play for a very long time without getting very good. We are in here to relax so it is often the case that we aren't on our 'A' game either. I'm sure you've run into those higher MR players who are just messing around.

We like to play around with cheap and easy builds like high shield/health builds. Simple builds that allow us to be a bit lazier. We aren't modding for absolute effectiveness. We are modding for comfortable convenience. I'm not gonna argue that it's the most effective, because I absolutely understand it isn't. That doesn't mean I can't have fun with it.

You're arguing that it is a mod of low worth. Others say 'we really don't care, we still think it's cool'. Not all rewards can cater to all players after all. It's simply the way it is. This is a fight that neither side can win since our end goals and the things that we enjoy are not all the same.

Edited by Caelward

10 minutes ago, Caelward said:

Well Cactus, the funny yet unfortunate thing about filthy casuals is that we can play for a very long time without getting very good. We are in here to relax so it is often the case that we aren't on our 'A' game either. I'm sure you've run into those higher MR players who are just messing around.

We like to play around with cheap and easy builds like high shield/health builds. Simple builds that allow us to be a bit lazier. We aren't modding for absolute effectiveness. We are modding for comfortable convenience. I'm not gonna argue that it's the most effective, because I absolutely understand it isn't. That doesn't mean I can't have fun with it.

You're arguing that it is a mod of low worth. Others say 'we really don't care, we still think it's cool'. Not all rewards can cater to all players after all. It's simply the way it is. This is a fight that neither side can win since our end goals and the things that we enjoy are not all the same.

It's not that I don't like the idea of it as I figured we would see 1 eventually as it's a popular mod for lower mastery players (at least trade chat always has lower mr ppl "WTB Vigor") but not worth the 400 day login reward is what I'm getting at. Having Baro bring it to Strata relay on Earth would've been a better idea. 

Well, we all know [DE] doesn't always knock it out of the park.

And they are showing a habit of defending their decisions about player gear right now. I see it as highly unlikely they're going to change the known login rewards.

But yeah, its a valid opinion to say 'hey, 400 days could have been cooler'. Given that Primed vigor is popular amongst lower tier players it perhaps could have been much lower on the login rewards list...

Lets see if DESteve keeps playing through warframe for awhile. Long enough to get into higher MRs and seeing just what it is that everyone complains about.

Edited by Caelward

11 minutes ago, Caelward said:

Well, we all know [DE] doesn't always knock it out of the park.

And they are showing a habit of defending their decisions about player gear right now. I see it as highly unlikely they're going to change the known login rewards.

But yeah, its a valid opinion to say 'hey, 400 days could have been cooler'. Given that Primed vigor is popular amongst lower tier players it perhaps could have been much lower on the login rewards list...

Lets see if DESteve keeps playing through warframe for awhile. Long enough to get into higher MRs and seeing just what it is that everyone complains about.

One thing to touch on with their decisions. They introduced this new login system to count total days rather then having it only be greater rewards based on consecutive days (so they say the rewards where better after 3 n 7 day login streaks). The reason behind is cause we all have lives outside of warframe so u can miss a day to login, messing up your 7 day login streak. Not only that but to reward the longer term players with items they would enjoy that's not your typical resource, store discount etc etc. I can safely say that just about everyone has enjoyed their weapons n primed fury from this login system, not sure that would b the case for this particular reward. Going against their initial decision of starting this login system of accumulative rather than consecutive. Im not sure but I've heard they changed the rewards around once already with the azima but I was past the mark at the point of hearing it so not to certain on it. 

I use Vigor when I feel like wasting 2 slots for Redirection + Vitality is too much but at the same time I feel like I'm "naked" with no buffs to health and/or shields, so I'll appreciate Primed Vigor for those scenarios. Of course I understand that Primed Fury is more widely recognized as useful and the 400th login reward should be just as awesome, but personally, I'm fine with things as they are.