The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions on this Simulor Riven?

Akavakaku

Question

Simulor Critacan (unranked) +6.3% Multishot, +11.2% Critical Chance, -1.5% Reload Speed

vs

Simulor Pura-mantidra (unranked) +2.4% Corpus Damage, +3% Fire Rate, +2.4% Infested Damage, -4.6% Status Duration

Which is better? And is the better one really worth keeping, or should I roll again?

7 answers to this question

Multishot is directly related to the core effectiveness of this weapon, and a powerful innately damage-boosting trait. Definitely use the multishot one. If you can find one with a damage buff, it will outshine multishot, but outside of that... This is probably one you want to use.

In a bit more detail, let me add that you'd only want to use something other than multishot if it is something that says it boosts "damage". Not elemental damage, or damage to a faction. Adding "% damage" as an effect stacks with other mods like multishot or elemental mods, so adding base damage is always the best effect. If you can't get that, multishot. Simulor's reliance on multiple projectiles to boost damage exponentially makes multishot much better than normal, though.

Edited by -CM-Greymantle

4 minutes ago, -CM-Greymantle said:

Multishot is directly related to the core effectiveness of this weapon, and a powerful innately damage-boosting trait. Definitely use the multishot one. If you can find one with a damage buff, it will outshine multishot, but outside of that... This is probably one you want to use.

Thanks, this is helpful.

It's ridiculously hard to roll a viable Simulor Riven. (Rolled 35 times on two separate mods)

Multishot isn't really helpful for SImulor so the first is automatically beaten by Point Strike.

The 2nd one is not better than a 90% (even when you gain the bane damage) or in case of a crit build not better than Point Strike.

1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

It's ridiculously hard to roll a viable Simulor Riven. (Rolled 35 times on two separate mods)

Multishot isn't really helpful for SImulor so the first is automatically beaten by Point Strike.

The 2nd one is not better than a 90% (even when you gain the bane damage) or in case of a crit build not better than Point Strike.

So are you saying no possible cycle is likely viable? Should I sell it, then?

5 minutes ago, Akavakaku said:

So are you saying no possible cycle is likely viable? Should I sell it, then?

Because of the disposition modifier that Simulor rolls it's a ton more difficult to beat a normal mod, eso if you want to keep a crit build.

I happen to keep rolling because I have 10 other Riven for crap I don't like and the 2 Strong disposition Riven that were good without rolling. You can just roll +175% damage with nothing else on a strong Riven and it's worth using.

3 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Because of the disposition modifier that Simulor rolls it's a ton more difficult to beat a normal mod, eso if you want to keep a crit build.

I happen to keep rolling because I have 10 other Riven for crap I don't like and the 2 Strong disposition Riven that were good without rolling. You can just roll +175% damage with nothing else on a strong Riven and it's worth using.

Then would you say I should sell it to someone who does care enough to re-roll it?