Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about them Solar Rails?

(XBOX)Aeries Vendetta

14 hours ago, -BG-StormFighter117 said:

Balancing issues did happen. Not as much as some really express. Everything had its counter. Mesa PeaceMaker, Excal SuperJump, and Acrid was by far the hardest.

Tax Rates could be whatever the owner of the Dark Sector wanted. That's how they where intended and stated by a DE member in a long forgotten Dark Sector Thread.

100% correct. We have Data on deathsnacks where This was abused and Orion spent about 2 billion credits losing the rail. (If memory servers correct this was Vs Space Confederation on Romula-Venus) Attackers would wait for 4 Defenders to join then leave. Defenders would receive half the promised battle pay thus draining credits.

Players can Retaliate. Its because you think 10 guys can take and hold a rail. It takes Hundreds ACTIVE. That means maybe a whole entity of a few Thousand to account of Timezone differences and player activity.

To build on Retaliation. Those on PC Dark Sectors have held it practically since Dark Sectors moved to PvP. We know how to use Teamwork, we have builds to counter the imbalances, and know ALL the game functions (None of these are even stated on the Wiki. That's how unknown they are to the public). There where many Alliances that contested us and formed an alliance of alliances. They did succeed with brute force short term, however, they eventually failed because they didn't know the game mechanics; blindly swinging into the darkness.

Also 100% True.... Good luck fighting someone in Russia when you are located in the Americas when they limit ping set to 50.

The Dark Sector system did need fixing/changing. But should not of been taken down. Especially for 2 Years continuing. (I understand taking Dark Sectors down was also to perhaps introduce Movement 2.0 more smoothly) --- When they transitioned Dark Sectors PvE -> PvP it was smooth and fast. No 2-3 Year downtime. They could of done the same with whatever future system they had planned. 

CFE Discord has pretty much been 100% on his information.

Sincerely, An Orion Commander. <-- This means I know my stuff (PC)

>Orion spent: 2,144,276,000cr

Holy Sh*t. The highest anyone ever spent on a rail battle on Xbox One was somewhere around 500mil. You guys went big with the battle pay.

I didn't know that the defenders got half BP from DCing/Losing (Does it happen for losing too ?). That is just another way offensive teams could interfere with the defenders. How are people complaining about the alliances with billions of creds when you can literally artificially drain them of credits? Especially when you can put those credits back into your vault ? Itd probably be even easier to defeat the defenders with the old system as a small alliance than with these proposed changes some people are bringing up.

I wonder if the people who are complaining went in blind, not even knowing the basic concept behind the system. I am at a loss of words trying to understand how they were unable to beat these alliances that owned the rails.

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)CFE Discord said:

I wonder if the people who are complaining went in blind, not even knowing the basic concept behind the system. I am at a loss of words trying to understand how they were unable to beat these alliances that owned the rails.

I would comment here... But the things I want to say would get me a warning on the forums or cause a Moderator to show up....

>Orion spent: 2,144,276,000cr

I didn't know that the defenders got half BP from DCing/Losing (Does it happen for losing too ?).

When the Attackers disconnect or if the defenders lose the mission, the defenders get ejected out of the mission receiving Half battle pay.

The Reason for the 2 Billion Expenditure was to, as they put it, "Send a Message".

Holy Sh*t. The highest anyone ever spent on a rail battle on Xbox One was somewhere around 500mil. You guys went big with the battle pay.

I wont talk numbers here.. But we worry more about the inflation battle pay creates.   :) 

Edited by -BG-StormFighter117

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/13/2017 at 3:49 PM, (Xbox One)CFE Discord said:

I will enlighten you again. Offensives were almost always more successful than defenses because getting 750 wins ain't a big deal if you're clan is worth its salt. Coordination,Determination, and Motivation are the keys to winning. 

To entertain your line of reasoning for a moment, consider the following: (I'm using "You" as a generality, not directed at you)

Offense:

>Can be accomplished as soon as you can do 750 wins

>Can be done anytime regardless if there are players on the otherside

>Requires only basic coordination to kill core 

>Will never fight an opponent of ping limit is set to 50

Defense:

>Have to endure 12 hours

>Can only play against enemy team

>Requires Advanced Coordination to kill player who has out leveled you by killing specters 

>Always have to fight a player that has been there longer  

Do you see now? Defense is a joke to beat if you are a coordinated offense. The reason the "Evil Alliances" on PC beat the opposition was because those "Tax Stealing Tyrants" were taking the fight more seriously than their opponents. The people on PC were not fighting objectively. They were fighting with blind rage and anger at the "Credit Stealers" who were all too happy to capitalize on the enemies lack of foresight.

Instead of redirecting the sting of defeat into motivation, you motivated it into degradation. They no longer saw themselves being brave warriors fighting against powerful enemies, you saw yourselves as prey being exploited by those more powerful than you.

They didn't analyze the reasons why they were defeated time and time again. They couldn't consider the possibility that MAYBE, just MAYBE, that they were not as skilled or as competent  as those they were fighting.

All those hours wasted complaining about taxes on the forums could have been dedicated to planning and preparation. That is why your offense failed. 

You might consider a DE enforced 0% tax a victory a serious achievement, but remember that you never fought the battle to earn that victory. You gave those "Oppressive Fat Cats" indefinite invulnerability just for the comfort of 0% taxes. You played yourself.

In the end, who wins ? The Alliances who will fly their flag forever on the nodes they conquered or the people who farm credits through raids anyway ? 

Discord king of rails

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:56 PM, Heckzu said:

On PC, it was a complete disaster. The use of PvE mods for PvP was Conclave 1.0, which was scrapped and reworked into the current Conclave.

Balancing was one issue, but another was having a player controlled entity controlling a node on the Star Chart. PC Solar Rails saw heavy amounts of abuse. Tax rates would go as high as 99%, so the clans owning the node would essentially steal everything players earned. Players couldn't retaliate against it because of how unbalanced the game mode was, heavily favoring defense such that only one in 50 offenses might succeed, allowing defending clans to hold a node almost indefinitely. Eventually, only a minority of clan alliances held almost all of the Solar Rail nodes, like a monopoly.

The gameplay from Solar Rail conflicts could be reintroduced as a Conclave game mode, but the concept of players ruling over territory has been proven to be a huge disaster.

DUST514 Planetary Conquest in a nutshell, except without the PvE aspect of modding that affected it back then before Conclave was adjusted. Kinda wondered why it was cancelled and over a year has gone by with false rumors of it coming back. There would need to be major adjustments to Solar Rails and the conditions on picking/winning/losing conflicts.

Edited by (PS4)Benjamin_Draco

On 4/2/2017 at 6:24 AM, (PS4)Benjamin_Draco said:

DUST514 Planetary Conquest in a nutshell, except without the PvE aspect of modding that affected it back then before Conclave was adjusted. Kinda wondered why it was cancelled and over a year has gone by with false rumors of it coming back. There would need to be major adjustments to Solar Rails and the conditions on picking/winning/losing conflicts.

They want to make it more pve based. 

If they do that alliances like Art of War and Arbiters Rage on xbox are going to moon walk through it. Both alliances have players who were untouchable during rathuum and pacifism defect and in pve in general. There isn't a single way de can stop us with pve. Pvp on the other hand balanced the field better. Now you make rails take after conclave and you have a war on your hands where it will take coordination of the clan/alliance to take the rail. 

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:58 AM, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

They want to make it more pve based. 

If they do that alliances like Art of War and Arbiters Rage on xbox are going to moon walk through it. Both alliances have players who were untouchable during rathuum and pacifism defect and in pve in general. There isn't a single way de can stop us with pve. Pvp on the other hand balanced the field better. Now you make rails take after conclave and you have a war on your hands where it will take coordination of the clan/alliance to take the rail. 

Ppfftt lol PvE rails would be stupid I agree, though having a repeat of DUST514 where it was a select few alliances with all the best Mercenary Corporations(PvP) is equally asinine too. I'm not against PvP rails, perhaps that'd even put PvP in the limelight(hopefully not negatively), but I could foresee quite a lot of whining happening if it is implemented.

On 4/10/2017 at 7:33 AM, (PS4)Benjamin_Draco said:

Ppfftt lol PvE rails would be stupid I agree, though having a repeat of DUST514 where it was a select few alliances with all the best Mercenary Corporations(PvP) is equally asinine too. I'm not against PvP rails, perhaps that'd even put PvP in the limelight(hopefully not negatively), but I could foresee quite a lot of whining happening if it is implemented.

Lol there will be whining regardless. 

The fact is between art of war and arbiters rage on Xbox there is a complete monopoly in pve. I am from Lock n Load and moon clan wise the only other clan that gets close or can match us is another of our allied clans. The results are in the last event. 

If the rails come back majority pve it will be like fish in a barrel with literally no challenge because if we fall short another clan will pick up the slack and the rail will be taken or defended with little to no effort. 

Now you put it back PvP then it's a level playing field because anyone can get a kill in PvP. If you want to make it really balanced out, apply conclave rules to SR so there is not a possibility of a super combo demolishing teams by themselves. 

On 1/13/2017 at 0:15 PM, (Xbox One)CFE Discord said:

Consider this,

If you were correct, and so the defense hosted the Rail battles, we would come down to a very serious problem. All the Defense had to do to win, was not to play. By not hosting the rail, nobody could join to attack.

That is how I know your statement is false, not counting my 1600 hours of Rail experience of course. If you wish to become enlightened on the subject, please avoid using the player edited wiki, and just ask @(Xbox One) Xodus03 or @Phasedragon about it. I am sure they would be happy to help you.

You quoted a 2nd profile of mine btw Discord lol... that one has a space in it and was from when they switched the Forums over to the newly designed ones and for a day I thought my account was deleted. This is my actual profile (@(Xbox One)Xodus03)  But yeah if anyone has any questions about how the old system worked and any of the information that was left away from the community (virtually %50+ of it), feel free to hit me up.

The vast majority of info that Discord and BG Stormfighter have spoken about is true though... only one thing I disagree with... @BG Stormfighter - Mesa Peacemaker was a fairly easy counter, all you had to do was pull out a melee weapon and block as you walk up to it. Also Radiation was the ultimate counter to Mesa... causing it to not only kill your team, but clear the map of it's entire team as well. All you gotta do is stay hidden/melee block after radiation and your enemy would do majority of the work lol.

Edited by (XB1)Xodus03

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2017 at 1:01 AM, (Xbox One)DARK SALVATIONx said:

ya fo real DE. GET IT TOGETHER

WE WANT CLAN WARS!!!!!!! 

could care less about the benefits. just want more PVP. still love conclave but i mastered pve long ago, it old, easy and same old. love this game because of style. PVP 

That's my issue. We need more PvP stuff. As I said earlier and multiple times pve has the sortie and the raid....pvp had the solar rails. Now PvP doesn't have anything best like that and most of us are not going away.

On 4/19/2017 at 6:15 PM, (Xbox One)Xodus03 said:

You quoted a 2nd profile of mine btw Discord lol... that one has a space in it and was from when they switched the Forums over to the newly designed ones and for a day I thought my account was deleted. This is my actual profile (@(Xbox One)Xodus03)  But yeah if anyone has any questions about how the old system worked and any of the information that was left away from the community (virtually %50+ of it), feel free to hit me up.

The vast majority of info that Discord and BG Stormfighter have spoken about is true though... only one thing I disagree with... @BG Stormfighter - Mesa Peacemaker was a fairly easy counter, all you had to do was pull out a melee weapon and block as you walk up to it. Also Radiation was the ultimate counter to Mesa... causing it to not only kill your team, but clear the map of it's entire team as well. All you gotta do is stay hidden/melee block after radiation and your enemy would do majority of the work lol.

Or you could just snipe the Mesa before she can get the energy needed to activate peacemaker.

i think solar rails should be more of a pve thing however I have an idea to revamp dojo duelling into more of a clan v clan system.

The warlord can build a custom stadium which can be roughly the size of either the old 1.0 Pluto conclave map or the size of freight line

I personally want dojo duelling to have the same balancing as conclave and for it to use the conclave mods and when you join your dojo you join with your current selected pvp loadout (like how your health and shields are messed up from the current dojo balancing)

When entering the built duelling room it will have 4 sitting pedestals and a panel that allows a user to switch to a different conclave loadout and a holographic projector which will display the custom built map created by the warlord and if you are the warlord of a moon clan that dictates how many maps you can create.

Having multiple rooms built will allow different squads of clan members to create and host different lobbies

When there is 2-4 members ready and sitting in the designated areas the person who sat down first will choose if they want to host a match inside they're own arena or join another clans arena

Victory will result in credits going into the clan resource cash (amount depends on clan size) and each participating members will gain 400 endo and looking at your clan profile the victories and defeats will be displayed along with clan kills ect.
Each individuals kills and deaths will contribute to their own conclave score which already exists

But basically I want a reason for clans to exist apart from getting specific weapons out the market

2 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

i think solar rails should be more of a pve thing however I have an idea to revamp dojo duelling into more of a clan v clan system.

The warlord can build a custom stadium which can be roughly the size of either the old 1.0 Pluto conclave map or the size of freight line

I personally want dojo duelling to have the same balancing as conclave and for it to use the conclave mods and when you join your dojo you join with your current selected pvp loadout (like how your health and shields are messed up from the current dojo balancing)

When entering the built duelling room it will have 4 sitting pedestals and a panel that allows a user to switch to a different conclave loadout and a holographic projector which will display the custom built map created by the warlord and if you are the warlord of a moon clan that dictates how many maps you can create.

Having multiple rooms built will allow different squads of clan members to create and host different lobbies

When there is 2-4 members ready and sitting in the designated areas the person who sat down first will choose if they want to host a match inside they're own arena or join another clans arena

Victory will result in credits going into the clan resource cash (amount depends on clan size) and each participating members will gain 400 endo and looking at your clan profile the victories and defeats will be displayed along with clan kills ect.
Each individuals kills and deaths will contribute to their own conclave score which already exists

But basically I want a reason for clans to exist apart from getting specific weapons out the market

I disagree with you very much. Pve already gets the sorties and the raids and PvP is neglected. Failsafe what PvP players are supposed to have as our raid equivalent. 

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

I disagree with you very much. Pve already gets the sorties and the raids and PvP is neglected. Failsafe what PvP players are supposed to have as our raid equivalent. 

So you basically ignored my whole clan duel rework which makes dojo duels way better than solar rails and just went 

"muh rails doh, we wuz rail kangs"

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

So you basically ignored my whole clan duel rework which makes dojo duels way better than solar rails and just went 

Dojo duels aren't even in the same league as Solar Rail Battles. You don't need weeks of planning to win a dojo duel. You don't need the social skills to coordinate and motivate dozens of people to attack a dojo duel. Dojo duels take place in a 15x15 meter box. If I wanted to play in a box, I'd order something off of Amazon.

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/83-clan-dojo/

^ try posting your idea there.

Edited by (XB1)CFE Discord

On 5/10/2017 at 3:29 PM, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

I am next to unbeatable in a dojo duel. Rails gave me a challenge...i instakill people in dojo duels. It's not even fair or right. 

When you have someone who can instakill 99% of the players how is that better than alliance wide battles where the odds of 1 person making a HUGE difference isn't likely? 

I fail to see your logic man. 

Edited by (XB1)Aeries Vendetta