The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This. This is why I stopped playing.

Ranbanein

4 hours ago, Nox_Terminus said:

In a span of 24 hours you could farm ten's of thousands of Endo from excavation missions. Heck a 30 minute run in Hieracon usually nets 1000-1500 depending on how many excav's your squad can manage to run simultaneously. It doesn't need to be on the sortie reward list, at all.

Also everyone saying "Your'e just getting unlucky", getting 2k-4k endo 9 times in a row with an intermittent unairu lenses tossed in at times, is not a good reward. Also with the removal of the season system, which marked off items you'd recieved from a section of the list, it is actually more likely for you to get endo. Of the common rewards it is a 50% chance for 2K endo, of the uncommon rewards it is a 25% chance to get 4K endo, this means of any other reward type, you are most likely to get endo, and that is a farce.

They attempted to rectify this with the current table, and all it does is showcase why a token system would legitimately be better. At this point they'd be better off splitting riven's into a once every 3-day or week quest with a guaranteed riven after completion, because at least then people would have something to look forward too in their reward screen.

This requires me to WANT to go to Hieracon. I despise Excavation missions. I literally only do them for the cryotic. Sorties are actually more fun for me. Everyone always says to go to Hieracon as if it's the solution to everyone's problems. It's really not.

In the last week I've gotten a built forma, exilus adapter, blue and orange potato, 4k endo, greater and lesser lens. Before the patch I would have gotten 2k endo most likely 5 days of the 7.

Don't what to tell you. I get 2k endo maybe 2x a week now.

On 1/9/2017 at 7:02 AM, JSharpie said:

Edit: Also, the rate was in fact lowered. You're just still unlucky.

On 1/9/2017 at 1:40 PM, Chewarette said:

It was reduced.

Oh really? U19.3.0 (a month ago) had 25% chance for 2k, 10% chance for 4k, total 35% chance of Endo.

Currently U19.5.7 we have 28% chance for 2k, 12.1% for 4k, total of 42.1% chance of Endo.

So what exactly was "in fact" lowered?

edit:

On 1/9/2017 at 6:56 PM, Nocam said:

This requires me to WANT to go to Hieracon. I despise Excavation missions. I literally only do them for the cryotic. Sorties are actually more fun for me. Everyone always says to go to Hieracon as if it's the solution to everyone's problems. It's really not.

You can also pick up Ayatans, every procedurally generated map seems to have one, certainly faster than Hieracon if you actually need Endo. You don't do Hieracon just for the Endo, but you get the Endo along the way, that's why it's often brought up in this context.

Edited by Snib

First of all, I sincerelly ask to rename this topic to something more clear and specific, like "I don't like endo rewards in sorties, and it stops me from playing".

second, I am also very disappinted of getting endo in sorties. As far as I remamber the script had to prevent to get any endo more then two times in a row, not only 2k. Yet I am keep getting endo rewards for the last week almost in a row, like: 2k, 2k, 4k, lens, 2k, 2k, 4k and I am very unhappy with that. 

I am actually feel even worse because of the bad luck I experience in sorties especially when people say they are getting rivens like 5 times in a week or that they have forgotten when they have received endo in a reward. For the whole time I have gotten only 7 rivens and half of them are for the weapon that would not be better even with those rivens, like panther or death cube's machine gun or hind, or even sell them. Even though rivens are kinda have to be in the same tire as 2k endo, the last is much much more often and it is very frustrating.

On 09.01.2017 at 8:57 AM, Ranbanein said:

Give us a token system already.

Oh, be careful with your wishes. We all wanted Void token system. We thought we could sell uneeded Prime parts and buy most rare new Prime parts to counter RNG shenanigans. We thought Void token system will lessen the grind for us. Well, wrong. Long-awaited Void Trader didn't ease RNG burden, but instead made us farm ducats for new shiny things. So, in the end Void Trader brought even more grind.

Would thit fix the problems?

Endo: Depending on how good/killrate your squat did, you get 2k (standart), 4k (okay), 8k (good), 16k (impressive). Every time your squat get into a better 'endo-rank' all get a lil notice on the screen: "GJ Your are now at Endo Rank 2/3/4"

Endo Reward is always given out, just as credits.

Instead of RNG drops, create a screen, in which YOU can choose one reward out of everything in the list what you want/need at this moment. 

42 minutes ago, P0Pz said:

Endo: Depending on how good/killrate your squat did, you get 2k (standart), 4k (okay), 8k (good), 16k (impressive). Every time your squat get into a better 'endo-rank' all get a lil notice on the screen: "GJ Your are now at Endo Rank 2/3/4"

Instead of RNG drops, create a screen, in which YOU can choose one reward out of everything in the list what you want/need at this moment. 

I love it!  I have suggested for quite some time that the 2000 endo is taken off of the list and given for completion, but the scaling idea is awesome.  You would have to trim it back a bit though, 16000 endo for a reward is a bit extreme.  It opens a bunch of other doors as well:

When you get a riven mod it tells you what weapon it is for, on a marginal success you just get the mod, on a good success, you get to reroll it but you are stuck with the outcome, on and exceptional success, you get the option to revert to the original. 

Same with lenses, you get a choice to reroll the school, an exceptional success will always yield a greater lens.

Potatoes will give you the option to switch between reactors, catalysts, and exhilus.  An exceptional success could allow you to pick two (must be different).

A legendary core is just a legendary core.

To add on this, you can repeat the missions in a sortie as many times as you want, it will always take the best score you've attained.  When you are satisfied, there is a button on the bottom of the sortie panel that says "mission debrief" or something like that, this is when your reward is generated.

The way they score could be really cool too, you would have your mission parameter (radiation hazard, sniper only, eximus stronghold), but then you have three additional randomly generated objectives. Something as simple as kill 300 enemies, to things more complicated, like a sabotage side objective.  I don't know, this is a cool idea to play with, it would definitely spice up sorties.

2k endo for an whole sortie is ridiculous for sure

you''ll get more endo in certain nodes than the sortie rewards to us

Remove the 2k endo replace it with 4k and add extra 8k endo 

this would make me more happy than 2k endo and an waste of time 

Hopefull they will add the wishes of community to the Sortie ( Token system )

3 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

I love it!  I have suggested for quite some time that the 2000 endo is taken off of the list and given for completion, but the scaling idea is awesome.  You would have to trim it back a bit though, 16000 endo for a reward is a bit extreme.  It opens a bunch of other doors as well:

When you get a riven mod it tells you what weapon it is for, on a marginal success you just get the mod, on a good success, you get to reroll it but you are stuck with the outcome, on and exceptional success, you get the option to revert to the original. 

Same with lenses, you get a choice to reroll the school, an exceptional success will always yield a greater lens.

Potatoes will give you the option to switch between reactors, catalysts, and exhilus.  An exceptional success could allow you to pick two (must be different).

A legendary core is just a legendary core.

To add on this, you can repeat the missions in a sortie as many times as you want, it will always take the best score you've attained.  When you are satisfied, there is a button on the bottom of the sortie panel that says "mission debrief" or something like that, this is when your reward is generated.

The way they score could be really cool too, you would have your mission parameter (radiation hazard, sniper only, eximus stronghold), but then you have three additional randomly generated objectives. Something as simple as kill 300 enemies, to things more complicated, like a sabotage side objective.  I don't know, this is a cool idea to play with, it would definitely spice up sorties.

Wow ! Exactly !! ♡

Yes 16k is a bit to much lol!

But for the riven,..

For the riven, after a player finished the "riven quest" <~~

There should also a screen pop up with catagories you can choose once:

Melee/ Secondary/ Primary/ Companion

After choosing one out of it, you get RNjesus riven out of the selected catagory. 😉

1 hour ago, P0Pz said:

I would like to say this does, except it doesn't take into account all of the game modes.

The problem is how to score modes like Rescue, the various Sabotage types, even Interception is a little tricky due to the mechanics of winning. And considering Exterminate is actually 'won' at all by killing every enemy, you can't grade that on a kill rate for the squad because their kill-rate will be 100%...

If you start grading the games based on performance, it's going to need an incredible amount of balance, because in many cases a win is a win, no matter how much you scrape by or how easy you found it.

How about this: Split the rewards into the different tiers of play. Want a Forma, a Catalyst, a Lense or 2000 Endo? Complete the first stage. Want 4000 Endo, a Reactor, an Exilus or a Greater Lense? Complete the second stage. Want a Riven, a 3 Day booster or a chance at a Legendary Core? Complete the third.

Basically if you complete each stage it opens up the possibility of getting one of the rewards for that stage and completing the next stage locks out the lesser rewards and means you'll get a reward from that stage, and then if you complete the third, you lock out the chances of getting anything but the rewards from that final tier.

This would let DE put a more varied drop table into the Sorties, but ensure that players who played through all three wouldn't get the 'junk' tier rewards. It's still RNG which reward you get, but the quality of the rewards depends entirely on where you stop playing the Sortie. To make things better overall, if you forget to finish, you still get a reward from whatever tier you actually completed sent to you when the daily refresh happens.

Think about it, if you want to farm the Exilus Adapters instead of Rivens, you're currently more likely to get Riven than the Exilus you want. However, play to tier two, metaphorically cash out, and you now have a much better chance (maybe out of five possible rewards, or four, instead of the whole table) of getting the Adapter. Whereas if you wanted the Rivens, play to tier 3 and you have a chance at the Riven out of four other possible drops (including the ever-present 0.2% chance at a Legendary Core).

This would let DE put weapons parts or rare resources (like Vauban) into the table again and people would be able to actually farm them, rather than players who wanted a Riven constantly getting Endo, while players looking for a Lens get an Exilus.

Heck, if you need to, put more stages into the sorties! We would appreciate that too. A four stage Sortie or five stage, would mean lots of entertainment for people who have a bit of time daily, but not a lot of time in one go.

Anyway... yeah, I think looking at how the rewards are organised and granted, rather than adjusting the total drop tables, is a better answer.

As a side note, @Ranbanein You really are unlucky... I've actually managed to get at least six from sorties so far, and trade of the good ones I didn't want (everyone wants Tonkor, Soma and Tigris mods... even just unrolled ones they can start rolling...) has got me over a dozen I do want.

12 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Heck, if you need to, put more stages into the sorties! We would appreciate that too. A four stage Sortie or five stage, would mean lots of entertainment for people who have a bit of time daily, but not a lot of time in one go.

That would be fun. I don't have a problem with lvl 120+ enemies and the extra stages (in my opinion) would need to be a sortie exclusive mode. Or maybe add Capture (is it in there?) or Infested Salvage, the new game mode, to Lephantis/Mutalist Alad V/Phorid Sorties.

16 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

I would like to say this does, except it doesn't take into account all of the game modes.

The problem is how to score modes like Rescue, the various Sabotage types, even Interception is a little tricky due to the mechanics of winning. And considering Exterminate is actually 'won' at all by killing every enemy, you can't grade that on a kill rate for the squad because their kill-rate will be 100%...

If you start grading the games based on performance, it's going to need an incredible amount of balance, because in many cases a win is a win, no matter how much you scrape by or how easy you found it.

How about this: Split the rewards into the different tiers of play. Want a Forma, a Catalyst, a Lense or 2000 Endo? Complete the first stage. Want 4000 Endo, a Reactor, an Exilus or a Greater Lense? Complete the second stage. Want a Riven, a 3 Day booster or a chance at a Legendary Core? Complete the third.

Basically if you complete each stage it opens up the possibility of getting one of the rewards for that stage and completing the next stage locks out the lesser rewards and means you'll get a reward from that stage, and then if you complete the third, you lock out the chances of getting anything but the rewards from that final tier.

This would let DE put a more varied drop table into the Sorties, but ensure that players who played through all three wouldn't get the 'junk' tier rewards. It's still RNG which reward you get, but the quality of the rewards depends entirely on where you stop playing the Sortie. To make things better overall, if you forget to finish, you still get a reward from whatever tier you actually completed sent to you when the daily refresh happens.

Think about it, if you want to farm the Exilus Adapters instead of Rivens, you're currently more likely to get Riven than the Exilus you want. However, play to tier two, metaphorically cash out, and you now have a much better chance (maybe out of five possible rewards, or four, instead of the whole table) of getting the Adapter. Whereas if you wanted the Rivens, play to tier 3 and you have a chance at the Riven out of four other possible drops (including the ever-present 0.2% chance at a Legendary Core).

This would let DE put weapons parts or rare resources (like Vauban) into the table again and people would be able to actually farm them, rather than players who wanted a Riven constantly getting Endo, while players looking for a Lens get an Exilus.

Anyway... yeah, I think looking at how the rewards are organised and granted, rather than adjusting the total drop tables, is a better answer.

As a side note, @Ranbanein You really are unlucky... I've actually managed to get at least six from sorties so far, and trade of the good ones I didn't want (everyone wants Tonkor, Soma and Tigris mods... even just unrolled ones they can start rolling...) has got me over a dozen I do want.

Well my main goal was to fix the real "Sortie Rewards".

For the wave stages stuff:  trible YES !! I like it 

It would fit pretty well with the endo stages.

Lets say between each stage are 5 waves.

Ending the first stage is "standart" rewarding.

Second stage additional rewarding on top of the basic rewards + 1 sortie only mod + 1 sortie "basic item" (Lense,..)

Third Stage +++basic rewards + 1 more sortie only mod + 1 sortie " rar item" 

Fourth stage, ++++ basic rewards + 1 sortie mod + 1 riven granted.

Something like this...just rewarding aaall the effort you do to get guarenteed what ya want for your unvested time ^ effort+skill, instead RNG all drops without stages.

This stages system i was also thinking about in another direction:  Sniper or Headshot only mission.

Like extermination mission kill counter on the left screen side, but instead down, up counting ONLY KILLS by Headshots (HS).  Vs grineers/orokin on a small, total open map/warfield. While noone can pass the midle of the "frontinie" to get on the enemies side. So you need long range weapons.

4 Tennos vs 100  each wave.

To reach the next stages, Squat will need at least 20% / 40% / 60% / 80% Headshot rate between the stages. Just brain stormed...uubs sry off topic...my bad