The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This. This is why I stopped playing.

Ranbanein

52 minutes ago, P0Pz said:

Lets say between each stage are 5 waves.

Ending the first stage is "standart" rewarding.

I think you may have mis-understood a little, I was saying that, instead of in-mission grading the rewards, the grading is done by which Sortie Mission you complete.

Currently every Sortie has three Missions and only one reward pool for finishing all three. My idea was simply to split it so that each mission had part of that overall reward pool into 3 parts, like the A, B and C rotations we have on endless missions, but relating to the specific mission rewards. Completing Mission 1, no matter what mode or the performance in that mission, gets you something from Reward Pool A; completing Mission 2 gets you something from Reward Pool B; and completing Mission 3 gets you access to Reward Pool C.

If you want something from C, you have to go through the entire Sortie, but if you only want something from B you complete the first and second mission, then opt out of the third mission. The difference from the current system is that, if you go through to Mission 3, you are not going to get a reward from A or B, you'll only get a reward from C, which are the ones most people want (Rivens and so on).

And this way DE can put more rewards into each pool, too, so that players still have enough RNG to be frustrated, but not enough to stop playing entirely.

Don't get me wrong, I do like your idea for grading players based on performance, but that's such a tricky thing to do, and it's better to grade their performance based on success, rather than game statistics.

7 hours ago, Snib said:

ou can also pick up Ayatans, every procedurally generated map seems to have one, certainly faster than Hieracon if you actually need Endo.

I also need the credits, so I haven't been able to sell very many ayatans.

1 hour ago, Thaylien said:

I think you may have mis-understood a little, I was saying that, instead of in-mission grading the rewards, the grading is done by which Sortie Mission you complete.

Currently every Sortie has three Missions and only one reward pool for finishing all three. My idea was simply to split it so that each mission had part of that overall reward pool into 3 parts, like the A, B and C rotations we have on endless missions, but relating to the specific mission rewards. Completing Mission 1, no matter what mode or the performance in that mission, gets you something from Reward Pool A; completing Mission 2 gets you something from Reward Pool B; and completing Mission 3 gets you access to Reward Pool C.

If you want something from C, you have to go through the entire Sortie, but if you only want something from B you complete the first and second mission, then opt out of the third mission. The difference from the current system is that, if you go through to Mission 3, you are not going to get a reward from A or B, you'll only get a reward from C, which are the ones most people want (Rivens and so on).

And this way DE can put more rewards into each pool, too, so that players still have enough RNG to be frustrated, but not enough to stop playing entirely.

Don't get me wrong, I do like your idea for grading players based on performance, but that's such a tricky thing to do, and it's better to grade their performance based on success, rather than game statistics.

Oooh yes..mis-understood it sorry 😥

To change all would be like a total new rewarding system. Which i do not want too 😂 i love rng don't get me wrong there. 

But some missions or (new) mission mode could need such perfomance based success ... which we are missing totaly InGame. A bit here and there would be nice. At least for endo bonus or something else, so if "A Squad" wants to go the performance success, they should get bonus rewarding(s).

If a squad do not want it they still get the "main rewards" but with much more RNG within going the easy way 😉

Anyhow i like your ideas as well. Just sain hehe.

*Cheers* 🤗

On 1/11/2017 at 0:59 PM, Zinkaiser said:

so what, you want a riven mod everyday? rare stuff is rare, and common stuff is common :)

I got a Deth Machine Riven today.  The last....I dunno how many sorties where endo.  Had a catalyst and a couple forma before that, stuff I'd otherwise be ok with but frankly I'd have payed money for them if I'd gotten a freaking Riven I cared about to use them with.  Couple lenses in there too.

Honestly.....yeah, I want a Riven mod every day.  It's not as unreasonable as it might sound.  Every time you get one, it's for one of dozens of weapons, and has a challenge attached to it to unlock.  After that, it will invariably need to be rerolled, perhaps many times.  Yes, we could get Rivens literally every day and still have hundreds of hours of gameplay from them.

As if that isn't enough, a person could actually perservere through the screwed up Riven grind because a single day setback would leave them knowing that tomorrow might be the one they actually want---and even then they'll probably have to go through a weapon forma process and rerolls(kuva farm) to get there.

Heck, they could be the log in rewards for all it matters.  Rivens could be falling out of a players ears and it'd still be elusive to get a good one.  Don't believe it?  Check out Path of Exile, a diabloesque game that can let you fill hundreds of item spaces with junk(and lets you keep dozens with out having to charge to maintain database space, I might add).  You'll see hundreds, if not thousands of RNG style things in a play session, and yet trading with other players is still recognized as the only sane way to acquire specific or "perfect roll" pieces because layers of RNG not at all dissimilar to the riven system make these pieces that elusive.

Basically, they've no reason to be rare in the first place.  You could get them at a higher rate than ammo drum or pressure point and still get a couple thousand hours of playtime out of the game in pursuit of them.

So yeah, a great many people dislike being denied the opportunity to even start the journey.

On 1/11/2017 at 11:59 AM, Zinkaiser said:

so what, you want a riven mod everyday? rare stuff is rare, and common stuff is common :)

I'm not terribly concerned with getting rivens even if it's every day. Heck, I've bought the important ones for me off trade anyway. What I'm more concerned about in this is the common rewards. I'll take all the endo I can get, but 2k is insulting. As has been pointed out already here, you can net between 1-1.5k on average in 30 min off Hieracon. In little over an hour, you can pass even the 4k mark. The 2k amount shouldn't be on the board at all. The 4k amount needs to replace it and the 4k amount's spot should be filled with a higher amount. The endo amounts given shouldn't be able to be outdone in an equivalent amount of time invested in the sortie itself.

Honestly, the other rewards that I'd like to see return since they seem to have screwed the plan on are the vandal and such weapons. Still missing parts despite continual play and yet the chances of getting them now are slim to none. Would also like to see others that were event rewards get onto that list as well. Things like Vulkar Wraith and Furax Wraith.

• 2 weeks later...