Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I like rivens, but a few suggestions to make them better

(PSN)Texas_Twurk_Team

I've been rerolling rivens the past few weeks (currently over 60 rerolls on one, and 20 on another, plus more) and I've come up with a few suggestions to hopefully make it a bit smoother. Trying to be constructive, and give both the problem and a proposed solution.

Kuva amount should not increase, or increase as much, as it does with rerolling. 3600 is an insane amount of Kuva. That's a minimum of 6 siphon missions, just to get disappointed and go back to start all over again. You aren't increasing your chances of getting better rolls by rerolling it, so why does the cost increase so much? 3600 = 4x the initial reroll amount for no added benefit than what was initially included with 900.

Make reroll costs scale with riven disposition. Let's take the current reroll costs: at 10 rolls you're looking at 3600 kuva per reroll, for "strong" rivens, or weapons that need a lot of help to be good. Cut that amount in half or more for weapons of this type. That would encourage putting forth the effort to reroll fodder rivens, in my opinion. If I only have 10k kuva and I need to reroll a meta riven or a fodder riven, which both cost the same to reroll, the meta riven will win every time.

A guaranteed way to get one riven per week. Self-explanatory, really. For everybody who gets 7 in one week there will be another who hasn't gotten 1 in two weeks. That's RNG

If the random stats on rivens take up so much space that we have to pay money to store their data, why not simplify the equation a little bit? Instead of a riven with 189.235 damage, make everything go in increments of 25%. So you would either have 175 or 200. Or maybe just make the amounts static based on prefix and disposition. "____ crita____" would add 100% crit chance for faint, then 300% for strong. They already work that way, to an extent; just completely randomized. There would still be a crap ton of different combinations, but it would exponentially reduce memory consumption.

Just a few ideas I had

Edit: stat-locking would also be ideal, but I'm not sure how easy that would be to implement to lock one and not the others. Increasing cost after locking in a stat completely makes sense, though

Edited by (PS4)TexasTwurkT3am

2 hours ago, TessaraVejgan said:

Removing negative dmg, multishot, status chance, crit chance would also help to improve them.

negative status and crit chance aren't too bad on some weapons because the buffs on the mod are worth it most of the time (considdering the weapon isn't depending on these stats)

What should be a no-go though is overkilling negative stats on crap weapons that need any buff they can get.