Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum trading and a suggestion on increasing its productivity

CxLL

Did you know that the Warframe forums have a specialized section devoted to trading, appraising and discussions regarding the value of game items?
Many have not. In fact, it's a lucky day when I do not get to explain how it is found.

Home > Recruitment > PC Recruitment > Trading Post
Home > Recruitment > Xbox One & PS4 Recruitment > Trading Post

Strange location for commerce, is it not? Especially considering how it is the main locomotor of the the free-to-play ideal which is, despite all claims of the opposite, the reason for which the playerbase keeps growing.

On the bright side, it exists. If someone is willing enough, they will find it. However, there are two sides to each coin, and this one definitely isn't the two-headed type.
As it goes with video game communities, people participate in order to detach themselves from real life, take things less seriously and with it opt for smooth sailing. This usually indicates that should they not find the location they are looking for immediately, they will utilize the capacity of the first available location instead.
Needless to say, nobody benefits from forum clogging. Everything thrown everywhere. Organization cut down to a bare minimum of people complaining that this is not the proper place to post.

So here is a simple suggestion - make the Trading Post a parent forum.
Within it, subforums devoted to buying, selling, appraisals and discussions.

Add some guidelines to each and we're set for a long run of efficient business!

Seems simple. At least from a perspective of someone who doesn't have access to forum tools.
Although I can definitely stand behind the claim that a change such as this one would greatly decrease the mess both in the forums and in-game chats, while it would minimize the use of external/unofficial services. Abstractly speaking - universal satisfaction!

There is a reason people don't use the forum to trade.  It is not efficient; the items are not sorted by name and price, or sell/buy.  Also, you cannot determine easily whether there are multiple items, or compare prices when there are.  The current Trading Post, even if it is a parent forum, does not solve any of these issues.

5 minutes ago, SnowLeopard25 said:

The current Trading Post, even if it is a parent forum, does not solve any of these issues.

My usual way of thinking is not as branched out as it could be, a deficiency most regular human beings suffer, which is why I am always open to new ideas.
Would be very glad to hear yours!

I have a better idea, create an auction house at Maroo's Baazar you deposit your stuff that you want to sell for a desire price or even trading it for other prime parts, you can deposit things and go to sleep, then if you sold something Ordis will give you a notification.

Edited by Venoct