Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

console tennogen pack two and three are 5 items a piece... not happy

(XBOX)ashes of suvius

I'm curious as to who's picking these items and how. I saw the next pack revealed on todays stream and was immediately disappointed.

5? seriously...? again? that's not even keeping us from falling behind, let alone catching us up. and no one wants to hear this 5 more soon tm bs. that just means our next wave will still be insignificant and we'll still be falling further behind.

pc gets 10 per wave or more regularly, whats going on here? by the time we get our tenth item, round 7 will have chosen winners and pc will have their hundredth item getting prepped to implement.

c'mon guys...

also, wheres our graxx? GIMME DUH GRAXX!

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)ashes of suvius said:

if we have a steam account we can vote for what gets accepted on PC. There is no way to vote which of those items come to console next

I'm asking why can't WE decide which tennogen items to get(instead of DE making the decision), not whether its possible to vote. Also, there is a way for us to vote ex https://forums.warframe.com/topic/730317-bring-back-a-renown-pack-you-decide/

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

38 minutes ago, (PS4)iBoiz said:

I'm asking why can't WE decide which tennogen items to get(instead of DE making the decision), not whether its possible to vote. Also, there is a way for us to vote ex https://forums.warframe.com/topic/730317-bring-back-a-renown-pack-you-decide/

my bad. N thanks for pointing that out. Didn't see those. Speaking of which, did that show up in game in the news section? Cuz I didn't see it and its something that totally should.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ashes of suvius said:

my bad. N thanks for pointing that out. Didn't see those. Speaking of which, did that show up in game in the news section? Cuz I didn't see it and its something that totally should.

I don't think it shows up in game.

I assume the reason why you can't vote on what tennogen you want to come to consoles as the tennogen that does come to consoles all depends on whether DE is able to sort out the legal stuff surrounding getting the item onto consoles.

In regards to 10 items to 5 now and 5 later, maybe the 5 that are coming later had some issues with the legal stuff causing DE to delay them?

Also I guess they pick items based on who says yes to allowing their stuff to go to consoles? Would have to ask one of the tennogen makers.

To note, it might not be possible for DE to get every single item of tennogen that is added for PC onto consoles and they never promised to port every item but they did say they will try to bring over as many as they possibly can, just will take longer and maybe easier to do in smaller bundles.

10 hours ago, NovusNova said:

I assume the reason why you can't vote on what tennogen you want to come to consoles as the tennogen that does come to consoles all depends on whether DE is able to sort out the legal stuff surrounding getting the item onto consoles.

In regards to 10 items to 5 now and 5 later, maybe the 5 that are coming later had some issues with the legal stuff causing DE to delay them?

Also I guess they pick items based on who says yes to allowing their stuff to go to consoles? Would have to ask one of the tennogen makers.

To note, it might not be possible for DE to get every single item of tennogen that is added for PC onto consoles and they never promised to port every item but they did say they will try to bring over as many as they possibly can, just will take longer and maybe easier to do in smaller bundles.

I thank you for the reply. I just really wish I could get a straight answer from someone who actually knows. I thought we were past alot of the legal stuff or we wouldn't be getting the stuff we are. Am I wrong in assuming this? From what interactions ive had with creators it seems like they're pretty much waiting to hear from DE.

Is it still legal issues? If so ill quit asking. Is it money issues? If so ill buy more tennogen stuff for clannies n alliance members that dont have it. If DEs just slow feeding the content for another reason, can we be told why?

• 2 weeks later...

So while they have figured out the legality issues in being able to pay the content creators for the tennogen items sold on console, it's now more about getting the actual creator to say go for it. Remember, PC pays in cash which is easy to convert to a percentage for the owner of the item. But on consoles we pay in plat - that's got to be a bit trickier to day "this is how you'll get paid and this is how we figured $5.99 comes out to plat, so there's your share." Sometimes the biggest issue is with the third party. Just look at Sony and their witch hunt against mods in games that use custom assets. 

21 hours ago, (PS4)LordBartimus said:

So while they have figured out the legality issues in being able to pay the content creators for the tennogen items sold on console, it's now more about getting the actual creator to say go for it. Remember, PC pays in cash which is easy to convert to a percentage for the owner of the item. But on consoles we pay in plat - that's got to be a bit trickier to day "this is how you'll get paid and this is how we figured $5.99 comes out to plat, so there's your share." Sometimes the biggest issue is with the third party. Just look at Sony and their witch hunt against mods in games that use custom assets. 

yeah thats not the issue here. Ive talked to some creators, most seem to be waiting on DE like we are.

On 1/9/2017 at 10:03 PM, NovusNova said:

sorry I am late to this post, but why doesn't DE just make people that want to submit things for tennogen agree that for every certain amount of plat sold they will get paid for it on consoles like when they submit it they agree to it being released on consoles.

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:01 AM, (PS4)LordBartimus said:

Don't forget SONY was so desperate to not allow mods into Skyrim for PS4 that pre-orders and threats of losing money forced them to allow basic modding right before release. So yeah I can see why there are such difficulties with legality and acknowledgement issues in Warframe for console users.

Edited by (PS4)Benjamin_Draco

• 1 month later...

there are a some variables why a tennogen wont come to consoles

1. de has to pay premium to send those things to consoles so they have to make sure the item will really sell.

2. the artist has to agree for the transfer which means even if we make a poll of what we want, if an agreement with steam, creators and de is not reached it wont happen.

• 1 month later...

16 hours ago, (PS4)MARXIANapparel said:

S/o DE can we get universal  cosmetic helmets im sure fans like most of the tennogen but not necessarily for just that particularly frame, im sure sale would increase with this simple feature.

1st, this thread is old, like from when console only had a single tennogen pack. No ones really gonna see this post, i only got a notification cuz it was my thread.

2nd, thats a different topic entirely. You'd be much better off making a thread.

3rd, it'll never happen. The artists usually try to make it work for a specific frame, not just in design overall, but also how it meets at the neck n follows colors placement so theres not a weird color seem/cutoff. This would be rediculously hard for them to do for multiple frames let alone all of them. Plus it most likely need a change in how DE does them internal file structures.

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2017 at 4:05 PM, (Xbox One)ashes of suvius said:

I'm curious as to who's picking these items and how. I saw the next pack revealed on todays stream and was immediately disappointed.

5? seriously...? again? that's not even keeping us from falling behind, let alone catching us up. and no one wants to hear this 5 more soon tm bs. that just means our next wave will still be insignificant and we'll still be falling further behind.

pc gets 10 per wave or more regularly, whats going on here? by the time we get our tenth item, round 7 will have chosen winners and pc will have their hundredth item getting prepped to implement.

c'mon guys...

also, wheres our graxx? GIMME DUH GRAXX!

Reading this today and even now we still aren't caught up but I believe they're working on it. The harrow update has 4 old tennogen items coming in so that leaves us with 44 old tennogen items needed to be caught up with pc.