The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nostalgia Event

megamix101

1 minute ago, megamix101 said:

So .. I was at the region chat talking about xp places like akkad,hieracon etc.And i came up with an idea.Why dont you (DE) make an event - every year at 25.12 - 30.12 putting the old draco here so we can feel the nostalgia from the old draco?

What nostalgia... You must be a recent player... 

No one remember when we xp farm in Derelict, where we had a couple of Ember bp that we sold for credits ?
When sechura was like... 100k credit per run ?
When we had no ship, just a simple menu ! :D

Ha... I miss old graphic too, my PC was suffering less...

21 minutes ago, Eleodon said:

No one remember when we xp farm in Derelict, where we had a couple of Ember bp that we sold for credits ?
When sechura was like... 100k credit per run ?
When we had no ship, just a simple menu ! :D

oh god yes! the true nostalgia of running ODD and using Penta with fast nova. The only reason why my highest kills are infested units ^^

10 minutes ago, Imaru said:

Nostalgia is a positive feeling. I don't think most people feel that Draco was a positive thing for the game.

Its matter of perespective really, yeah some people gone too far in leveling there by creating leaching teams but there were people like me who leveled there their equipment fairly there, my favorite method of leveling there was slow nova(slow nova actually slowed down leveling slightly but made me usefull in team) + one maxed out weapon(so I wouldnt be useless in team) + two weapons for leveling, this let me max out  those weapons in two draco missions, each four rounds(so eight rounds total), you may think its still fast but remember that some weapons need as much as SIX forma to reach their peak of power which means you would need to do as much as 48 rounds in draco to reach that peak which I believe is more then fair.

Before draco removal one of my favorite things to do in warframe was maxing out less popular weapons then bringing them to high tier missions thanks to that I spend 3+ hours day playing warframe, after draco removal I mostly login for sorties, I only spend 30 min a day playing warframe, I stoped compleltly experimenting with wealer weapons, Steve promised some kind of alternative to draco after its removal but it was never added to game. As amount of weapons in game increase game will have bigger need for somekind draco alternative since for newer players amount of weapons and frames will be overwhelming, I know it from personal experiance, when I was new in game and didnt know about draco I was  low MR for long time, I was scared by how many missions I would have to do max out all weapons.

When I read «nostalgia event» I thought of something like, past events, or a mission with older mechanics.

But draco, really? Sounds more like a exp grindfest event for lazy people.

49 minutes ago, Culaio said:

I-snip- As amount of weapons in game increase game will have bigger need for somekind draco alternative since for newer players amount of weapons and frames will be overwhelming,-snip-

The amount of gear being overwhelming is no reason to bring a draco-like mission up. I rarely went there and I have a lot of non meta weapons 6-forma'd. The game is not a race against time to reach max mastery... Recently I put the 7th forma on Flux Rifle and I'm leveling it doing random missions.

1 hour ago, ArchPhaeton said:

When I read «nostalgia event» I thought of something like, past events, or a mission with older mechanics.

But draco, really? Sounds more like a exp grindfest event for lazy people.

The amount of gear being overwhelming is no reason to bring a draco-like mission up. I rarely went there and I have a lot of non meta weapons 6-forma'd. The game is not a race against time to reach max mastery... Recently I put the 7th forma on Flux Rifle and I'm leveling it doing random missions.

It is a problem for new players, the newer player is the bigger problem it is, think about it, if you started playing game early then of course you would have more then enough time to max out all weapons by playing regulary but new player who wants to reach high MR will have to grind a LOT and dont tell me MR is not important, it is more important now then it ever was with riven mods, imagine being MR 8 or 10 and getting riven mod with needs MR 16 to be used, thats a LOT of grind for people who cant spend hours(casual players) playing game, it may take weeks if not months if you also do other stuff in game like playing pvp. MR also affects your ability to trade(which means earning plat if you dont have source of income), which means amount of slots you have for frames and weapons.

The bigger hurdle before new players between them and people who have everything the less likely they are to stay after they try game for the first few times.

5 hours ago, megamix101 said:

So .. I was at the region chat talking about xp places like akkad,hieracon etc.And i came up with an idea.Why dont you (DE) make an event - every year at 25.12 - 30.12 putting the old draco here so we can feel the nostalgia from the old draco?

If you want to play oldDraco, you just need to do Ceres interception. Or hope for a sortie on this tile for more HL content.

Still ingame :clem:

old Draco, Viver and other meta farming spots are not nostalgic, they are cancers that were thankfully cut out of the game. in order for something to be nostalgic, it has to be remembered in a positive light. they're gone and should stay gone.

bring back old events like Tethra's Doom and Gradivus Dilemma if you want nostalgia.

5 hours ago, Culaio said:

-snip-

The bigger hurdle before new players between them and people who have everything the less likely they are to stay after they try game for the first few times.

Nah man, it's only a hurdle if you take the bad decision of obsessing over it. People will love and stay in a game for the gameplay. I've had a friend join recently and while he's aware of the inmense amount of gear ahead of him, he's sticking around because he likes the gameplay and overall game features. Warframe definitely is a problem for people with OCD, myself included. Other than that you can level stuff just fine doing endless missions in general (coz stealth runs are a joke atm). Also remember that patience and speed are DE's business model, this is why boosters are a thing.

38 minutes ago, ArchPhaeton said:

Nah man, it's only a hurdle if you take the bad decision of obsessing over it. People will love and stay in a game for the gameplay. I've had a friend join recently and while he's aware of the inmense amount of gear ahead of him, he's sticking around because he likes the gameplay and overall game features. Warframe definitely is a problem for people with OCD, myself included. Other than that you can level stuff just fine doing endless missions in general (coz stealth runs are a joke atm). Also remember that patience and speed are DE's business model, this is why boosters are a thing.

Sorry I cant agree with you, when  I wasnt focusing on game I wasnt progressing almost at all, I was stuck at MR 8 for many months, after I finally focused and found draco I started finally making progress, its around time I got one third of all frames and weapons I starting having most fun playing this game(without defensive frame doing excavation missions is annoying), its when you have frames for all situations you have most fun(when I had only few frames and weapons game wasnt really fun,I played only once per few days but as my arsenal expanded my fun in game increased), for example spy missions without stealth frames are possible but they are most fun to do when you arent worried that you will have to do mission all over again because one enemy sees you(spy missions in sorties are nightmare if you dont have stealth frame) you also need every type of primary weapon if you want to do every sortie(some need shotguns, other bows and so on)

5 hours ago, Culaio said:

-snip- its when you have frames for all situations you have most fun -anip

Perhaps, different people have their fun their own way; however a Draco loot cave isn't needed to reach variety. You only see it like that if you obsess over mastering all the things and 6 formaing all the meta and nonmeta stuff. Endless missions in general give good xp... draco was an abomination and endless in general are mind-numbing missions anyways; they dumb down people who do nothing but them and then go around failing even the easiest of spy vaults. Sadly stealth runs aren't an option anymore.

40 minutes ago, ArchPhaeton said:

Perhaps, different people have their fun their own way; however a Draco loot cave isn't needed to reach variety. You only see it like that if you obsess over mastering all the things and 6 formaing all the meta and nonmeta stuff. Endless missions in general give good xp... draco was an abomination and endless in general are mind-numbing missions anyways; they dumb down people who do nothing but them and then go around failing even the easiest of spy vaults. Sadly stealth runs aren't an option anymore.

Thats just it, different people have different way to have fun, and removal of draco  made game less fun for some people, people who actually dont find leveling weapons fun, I personally hate leveling weapons, I start having fun with weapons after I max it out and take it to high level mission. to me current leveling is MUCH too slow.

Also I played draco around 4 times a week and  so I wouldnt feel burned out from doing mission over and over again and it let me progress at comfortable speed.

7 hours ago, Culaio said:

Sorry I cant agree with you, when  I wasnt focusing on game I wasnt progressing almost at all, I was stuck at MR 8 for many months, after I finally focused and found draco I started finally making progress, its around time I got one third of all frames and weapons I starting having most fun playing this game(without defensive frame doing excavation missions is annoying), its when you have frames for all situations you have most fun(when I had only few frames and weapons game wasnt really fun,I played only once per few days but as my arsenal expanded my fun in game increased), for example spy missions without stealth frames are possible but they are most fun to do when you arent worried that you will have to do mission all over again because one enemy sees you(spy missions in sorties are nightmare if you dont have stealth frame) you also need every type of primary weapon if you want to do every sortie(some need shotguns, other bows and so on)

If you were stuck at mr8 for months that's not because you didn't focus it's because you didn't level new weapons, you don't need to grind to level new weapons. MR8 isn't even that much of an XP pool to fill, just playing casually and leveling new stuff you could easily get to mr10 or higher in a few months.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Kawai-Senpai said:

If you were stuck at mr8 for months that's not because you didn't focus it's because you didn't level new weapons, you don't need to grind to level new weapons. MR8 isn't even that much of an XP pool to fill, just playing casually and leveling new stuff you could easily get to mr10 or higher in a few months.

Look to my post above, I do not find playing with unmaxed weapons fun, there is nothing fun about being in team and being able to kill only few guys during whole mission since rest of your team uses meta weapons and can one shot whole group of enemies...

On 1/10/2017 at 8:34 AM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

old Draco, Viver and other meta farming spots are not nostalgic, they are cancers that were thankfully cut out of the game. in order for something to be nostalgic, it has to be remembered in a positive light. they're gone and should stay gone.

bring back old events like Tethra's Doom and Gradivus Dilemma if you want nostalgia.

I'm upvoting the bolded part, but I have to disagree on the sentiment that old Draco is cancerous. There is a small minority of players, myself included, that felt that Draco as a high-level Grineer interception was a challenging map filled with high-aggro enemy units. It was fun while it lasted. Sure, the majority sees it as a map that exceptionally grinds exp more than any other map on the star chart, but I feel that the fun factor on how it was a mass cluster-F*** should be considered as well.

I, for one, miss those fun and chaotic days at Draco.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23