Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't login

Shifty9

Question

Hello, so I was able to login just fine earlier today but I had to get my hair cut so I left the game open for maybe two hours, unattended. I was in the simulacrum with it paused and when I came back it had "disconnected" in a sense. It couldn't maintain or save the session and I had to restart/re-login. But when I tried to log back in, it kept giving the "invalid credentials" error. It even gives this error on the app. The weird thing is that I can still login on the website. I also tried validating my game files on steam and 15 of the were reacquired the first time (totaling 15gb) but it still didn't work so I did it again and 54 were reacquired that time (totaling 13.5 gb). I cancelled that and deleted the game so it is now reinstalling. I'll see if that fixes the issue but I have my doubts seeing as the app isn't working either. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Side note: I am unable to login to my brothers account as well.

Edited by Shifty9

9 answers to this question

It's possible something with your firewall could be blocking your connection. Try adding Warframe to the exception list. Another thing could be the port Warframe uses, (Warframe uses UDP ports 4950 and 4955 & the TCP port range 6695 - 6699.) You could try port forwarding those straight to your internal IP address.(should be in your router settings, dig around in there and you'll find it) If your PC is hooked straight to the modem however, you shouldn't have to worry about that unless it's a modemXrouter combo. You could also try turning EVERYTHING (modem included) off for at least 30 seconds then boot everything back up and try again. I'm on my cell phone so I can't help much till I get to a real PC but let us/me know if anything works.

Edited by Night4ce

6 hours ago, Night4ce said:

I'm on my cell phone so I can't help much till I get to a real PC but let us/me know if anything works.

I know how port forwarding works so I can try doing that. I've deduced through troubleshooting that it's IP issue and the game is rejecting my login due to that.

4 hours ago, Shifty9 said:

Sorry for the delay. Contacted zendesk and they told me to use a VPN (odd they suggest I circumvent their own IP block). The block went away a few days later.

Weird.. I guess they see a flaw in their own system and don't care if anyone mistakenly blocked goes around it. Glad you're back in! I guess you can UP your last post (and lable this thread as solved) so if others get the same issue they can easily find your solution.

18 minutes ago, Night4ce said:

Weird.. I guess they see a flaw in their own system and don't care if anyone mistakenly blocked goes around it. Glad you're back in! I guess you can UP your last post (and lable this thread as solved) so if others get the same issue they can easily find your solution.

Silly question, how do you mark a thread as solved? (On mobile right now)