The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weekend Event Feedback: Don't Lead Us Astray.

Zeally

Ok, I don't care so much about how this even't keeps us from wanting to team play, which is what this game is generally all about.

What I do care about, is that you tell the whole community, that we only need 20 drone kills to get our Snipetron Vandal blueprint, but only under the stipulation that the community fills the progress bar.

That's telling some people to do one thing (which is to only get 20 drones and be done with it), and then letting them rely on the rest of the community, which may or may not be doing the same thing. Now keep in mind, I know not everyone has time to go out and attempt to try and attain as many kills as they humanly can, while holding a job/take care of family matters/etc... but telling your community that they only needs 20 kills to get their blueprint is really counter productive to this whole "community" event.

We're down to the halfway point time wise, and we're barely halfway done with the progress bar. I'm not going to say that I don't believe we can do it, because I'm sure (or at least hoping) that we will successfully complete the event. I'd like to have some version of the Snipetron again, because of its abrupt removal of obtainability (and also because I opted in for an account reset), and I'd really hate to miss out on this chance (even if it may not be the only chance we have).

Anyway, back to drone hunting.

TLDR: Don't just kill 20 drones, the progress bar needs to be filled if you want ANYTHING out of this event.

Remember: these rewards are only available if the community-wide progress bar is filled! Tenno, you have until July 8th @ 12 PM EDT.

For the Fusion moa event you only had to kill one to get the item. Would it really have been that much better if they said "if the bar is filled 100%, everyone who killed at least 20 blah blah blah"? It seems pretty obvious.

The amount to get the snipetron should never have been mentioned, just that the progress bar has to be complete.  But they did mention it and made it a very low number when it should have been much higher.  It's a free weapon which killing 20 drones takes 15-20 minutes work at best in some missions.

Hope they learn for future events

Hmm if that's true then yea it's kinda misleading. Judging by the posts in this thread

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/74455-spy-drone-event-boring-and-unfaire-my-feedback/

a measurable percentage of people (including myself) got their twenty drones and then just forgot about it because for me there is no tier 2 reward to work towards. I do not have the time to get in the top ten or whatever and because I am from a small guild and because the cost for dojo is still ridiculous I am the only one from my guild still playing on a regular basis. I did not know that the progress bar had to be achieved, though I was kinda wondering what it was there for.

Meh, the way this event broke down was kinda disappointing, I'll go kill a few more drones tomorrow but getting or not getting the snipe vandal is not worth loosing any sleep over IMO. I do still like this game but there are still some major fundamentals (farm repeat farm repeat) that need to get worked out. And you could probably add the communication that we the players received this weekend to the list of room-for-improvements. This whole "go on an easter egg hunt, no I'm not going to tell you which planet system and no the kills don't count across the team only the player that gets the kill gets the count" is pretty flawed.

The amount to get the snipetron should never have been mentioned, just that the progress bar has to be complete.  But they did mention it and made it a very low number when it should have been much higher.  It's a free weapon which killing 20 drones takes 15-20 minutes work at best in some missions.

Hope they learn for future events

I agree, They shouldnt have listed how many kills it took to achieve the base prize this would have kept the community focused on the goal.

By making it solo kills, they screwed it up, people are going solo cause you have the same spawn rate, and go after the 20 kills, that is basically 1-2 runs solo.

Its a co-op game, and they do freakin events that not only help out who has more time to be online, but also incentives solo playing. I want an event that gets me hyped to play in a team, cause tbh, Ive been doing Kappa, and Kappa is boring solo, so I go on with a team, and then I do less kills than I would solo.

Its all screwed up, imho.

I'm all for the event just failing. Yes, I've already killed more than 100 drones. No, I'm totally not happy with it -- it's a mind-numbing SOLO task without any difficulty whatsoever attached to it. It's a really miserable event that *should* fail to dissuade DE from making more.

If you so want your shiny snipertron -- please, go ahead and spend your next 30+ hours just endlessly soloing drones. I'm not holding you.

Edited by JustDont

I'm all for the event just failing. Yes, I've already killed more than 100 drones. No, I'm totally not happy with it -- it's a mind-numbing SOLO task without any difficulty whatsoever attached to it. It's a really miserable event that *should* fail to dissuade DE from making more.

Ya know, I hate to be a "negative Nancy" cause I do like this game and I do knida want the snipe (just because they took out the snipe with no warning >.<) but yea, I'm with ya. This event is counter coop, has utilized poor communication to the player, and for a large number has only one possible reward to achieve. This event, win or loose, already seems like a big vat of fail compared to the last one when we were all on the same side. I wonder who thought that aiming this event at solo play would be a good idea? *sigh* I sure it was probably someone with good intentions, and I don't mean to offend, but really ? What was the thought process ????

So yea after I figured out that I am better off solo hunting the drones I did come to check the forum briefly but.....

- Kill 20+ Drones & receive a SNIPETRON VANDAL!

- Don’t stop at 20—the top 100 players

Yea, I stopped reading right there. Thousands of players play this game. What is the spread between 20 kills and being in the top 100? I don't know, but it's probably not worth my time. There should have been tiers at like 20 kills, 50 kills and 100 kills, then the top whatever number of players. And of course because this is a coop game all team drone kills should have counted for every member on the team!

I already did.

Ok, when I say "instead of..." it means not the former and the latter.

So, "I already did." as a response to my suggestion you not act petulant is, in fact, false.

I would also like to point out that having a community event fail in an online game is a really bad thing. Nobody wins in that situation.

If that event is although only a big grind of an enemy that doesn't require anything except a decent weapon with a high bullet damage, that reveals itself by killing your map and doesn't give you anything to kill after 20 of em? Hell let it fail, I've farmed 100ish of those and I won't get another one of those, it's as boring if not worse fighting a room full of shield ospreys.

What this event has done is only had more grind to a already grindy game, that shouldn't even be about grinding to start out.

Edited by Rottae

There should have been tiers at like 20 kills, 50 kills and 100 kills, then the top whatever number of players. And of course because this is a coop game all team drone kills should have counted for every member on the team!

+1 Love that idea.

Despite all of this, I choose to focus less on the fact that it adds more grinding, and just toss it in with the rest of the grinding i'm already doing.

I'm leveling some crap, while farming materials and mods. Where? Nakki on Sedna.

I really feel like a lot of the community likes to throw in the towel early, rather than pressing on in something that is totally attainable. Despite this event being what it is, you can still show the Developers what you are capable of, while at the same time showing your dissatisfaction with how they went along implementing it. 

I'm not going to go so far as to say that a lot of you would rather just have things handed to you in a rather simple and easy fashion. But its borderline what most posts about this event are saying.

If that event is although only a big grind of an enemy that doesn't require anything except a decent weapon with a high bullet damage, that reveals itself by killing your map and doesn't give you anything to kill after 20 of em? Hell let it fail, I've farmed 100ish of those and I won't get another one of those, it's as boring if not worse fighting a room full of shield ospreys.

What this event has done is only had more grind to a already grindy game, that shouldn't even be about grinding to start out.

Really? You want the devs to have to deal with the S#&$storm of hate and flaming that happens on the forums if the event fails and all those people who killed 20+ drones don't get their BP? Sure, you don't care, but I guarantee you SOMEONE will.  My clan also wants to get one of those drone statues once Update 9 comes, and we've got at least one guy whose got a shot at the Primed Chamber mod (granted, that's my opinion, but hey).

By the way, HOW do they deal with it?  Do they say "Sorry, I know we said 20 drones, but it turns out 20 drones wasn't enough to actually get you your BP?"  Yeah, that'll REALLY help.  What if they cave and just give the rewards, anyway?  THEN what happens to their credibility?

You guys paid money to support the devs and support the game, and now here you are loudly proclaiming your insistence that the Devs get put on the spot and likely lose a chunk of their playerbase regardless of outcome because they put on an event that you didn't like.  You know what, they should blow your DC status out the @(*()$ air lock and give it, instead, to people who actually give a crap about the game like me.

Oh, and to the newest loudmouth who popped in here: It's NOT a solo event if you don't want it to be.  If you want to get your 20, then do TWO @(*()&#036; solo missions for your 20, and then just run with your clan or pubs in Grineer missions and shoot whatever drones you find.

Edited by XCodes

I created this topic mostly with the intent to inform people that the event completion bar needs to be filled in order to gain anything from this event. So mostly my only gripe is with how the event was announced and how the criteria for victory was fed to the community.

I wouldn't have posted at all if I hadn't seen as many posts as I had with people stating they weren't killing any more than 20.

Its not like they are hard to find.

I love it.

The 20 kill minimum assures all the players who are inactive don't get the perks, like the Fusion Moa, where people didn't even play that much or only went to Europa by chance, got the Frost Prime BP.

I also see it as a great way for DE to gauge just how committed we are as individuals. 20 kills are easy to get, but 20 adds up to a lot global. For event development and marketing, those figures not only show what percentage only want rewards and those who are willing to go above and beyond for special rewards and leaderboard status.

If DE doesn't try out new things, then Warframe will become like every other farm/grinding game out there.

If DE doesn't try out new things, then Warframe will become like every other farm/grinding game out there.

Wait wat. So you say that this event is not farm and grinding? They said - top 100 players receive super shiny mod, but what is the difference between a regular player and top 100? As far as I've seen, the highest number was 2k+ informers. Most people have real life and they will just abandon the event after 20 kills or will not start it at all. What is the point in competing with players who spend (I don't know) 15 hours ingame? Personally, I will never waste so much time farming the same mission over and over and over. So this event separates most players from hardcore players. Basically, hardcore players will compete for these top 100 places, while others will be soooooo far behind them they don't even have the chance.

Edited by nano5hell

Oh, and to the newest loudmouth who popped in here: It's NOT a solo event if you don't want it to be.  If you want to get your 20, then do TWO @(*()$ solo missions for your 20, and then just run with your clan or pubs in Grineer missions and shoot whatever drones you find.

Not to nitpick but I just want to point out that farming those blimps in a group actually deprives community of kills. Drones spawn per mission not per player so 4 people running solo would get more drone kills in total than 4 people running in a group

Edited by WhisperByte