Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 6 - "New Stompin’ Grounds"

[DE]Steve

I'm actually with MJ12 about the Chargers needing a nerf, particularly in the numbers they can spawn in, a friend and I were on Ceres taking down this one Toxic Ancient when we get flooded by atleast 30 Chargers, only option was to run but we kept coming up against more Chargers, he died first, then I died in a vent with about 20 chargers remaining. They took ALL my lives, every single revive I had, gone with a Charger swarm.

Sprint at a wall, press and *hold* jump. Its a bit tricky! Release to catapult off... you can also do melee attacks off of it. There are wall-run shortcuts in a few locations...

It's very similar to the wall run ability in the Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Outcast/Academy games, very intuitive, although it does seem that you can wall run indefinately if you have a flat surface, not sure if that was intented or not but it's still fun to play with. I also noticed that running straight up a wall always seems to result in a backflip when you get high enough or to the lip of an object, it would be nice if you could ledge grab to get to the top of a ledge or something.

Also, going back to the JO/JKA influence, it might be interesting to also see a wall jump implemented, where you can jump on the wall and jump off to get to an opposite platform, just a thought.

Anyway, I do like the new verticality of the new areas, even though the first one left me a bit lost as it's completely different getting around it than the same space station corridors that we have been using for the past months. I really liked the option to run off a ramp onto some moving carts that were being transported by rail to get to a seemingly hidden area, and then also being able to get back in more than one way, including jumping on pipes. Very cool, also, zip lines are cool, I personally didn't realize they were there until I went back after already using the ramps to get down to where they were, but still pretty damned cool.

I would like to see some more brightly lit maps in the future though, running around dark corridors gets a but old.

I'm actually with MJ12 about the Chargers needing a nerf, particularly in the numbers they can spawn in, a friend and I were on Ceres taking down this one Toxic Ancient when we get flooded by atleast 30 Chargers, only option was to run but we kept coming up against more Chargers, he died first, then I died in a vent with about 20 chargers remaining. They took ALL my lives, every single revive I had, gone with a Charger swarm.

Don't chargers go down with one swipe of the sword, or at most two? I got flooded in the pipes in the new area and still managed to survive by just hacking away with dual skanas.

I played a few rounds this morning (central european time), and i'm realy impressed with the new enviroments. The overall feel realy fits the Grineer and there is so much thought and love to detail in the rooms and tiles. I especially love the low-tech computer consoles scattered around, doing those weird creepy noises.

There are some AI-Problems with those new rooms though, there are some stairs that 'trap' the new Infected dogs for example (seems i pushed the wrong screenshot button for that, but i'll try to check them again later when i return from work) and the zip line sound is louder (at least for me) than normal gun fire, though the sound effect itself is fine and fits the action.

The new walljump also looks nice, though i have yet to find an application for it, the new, more vertical enviroment will provide me with one sooner or later i guess. Also jumping now drains stamina... dunno if that was always the case and i just never noticed, but it certainly does now. Makes sense though so i'm fine with that.

Can't say much about the new skilltrees, i have of course respected but i have to play around with those a bit before i'll judge them. It's certainly nice that with 30 points, not all warframes are the same... especially now that they actually offer different stats. So that's certainly a step in the right direction.

Also, a thousand thanks for the Boltor, that was exactly the kind of gun i was missing, a big, full-auto stake thrower. I love you guys. Shure, currently the model just looks like a Burston, but i guess it'll get a custom model sooner or later... and i'm glad i can use it now and don't have to wait for the next patch, cause it's just soooooo much fun. :D

It's very similar to the wall run ability in the Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Outcast/Academy games, very intuitive, although it does seem that you can wall run indefinately if you have a flat surface, not sure if that was intented or not but it's still fun to play with. I also noticed that running straight up a wall always seems to result in a backflip when you get high enough or to the lip of an object, it would be nice if you could ledge grab to get to the top of a ledge or something.

Also, going back to the JO/JKA influence, it might be interesting to also see a wall jump implemented, where you can jump on the wall and jump off to get to an opposite platform, just a thought.

Anyway, I do like the new verticality of the new areas, even though the first one left me a bit lost as it's completely different getting around it than the same space station corridors that we have been using for the past months. I really liked the option to run off a ramp onto some moving carts that were being transported by rail to get to a seemingly hidden area, and then also being able to get back in more than one way, including jumping on pipes. Very cool, also, zip lines are cool, I personally didn't realize they were there until I went back after already using the ramps to get down to where they were, but still pretty damned cool.

i agree!!! but make the wall run so you can run side ways as well, instead of straight up.

and im very frimiler with the games he mechond

you could also make it a special that someone runs on the ceiling and on the walls and where ever else.

Edited by CamoPsycho

would be cool

I really liked the option to run off a ramp onto some moving carts that were being transported by rail to get to a seemingly hidden area, and then also being able to get back in more than one way, including jumping on pipes.

tried that to, but i fell through the carts

Don't chargers go down with one swipe of the sword, or at most two? I got flooded in the pipes in the new area and still managed to survive by just hacking away with dual skanas.

That may be the case, but if just one manages to knock you down (as was the case with us often getting surrounded due to the sheer numbers), you essentially are incapable of putting up any form of resistence as they will continue to knock you down, over and over agian.

Seriously &!$$ed off!

Getting trolled by the first Ceres level because I'm trying to level up my lv24 Amber and lv16 Hex, lost all 4 revives... I mean that's ok, I like a challenge. Paid plat for another 4 revives and a ton of health packs and brought out my lv.30 gorgon with her. A lot easier but sitll getting trolled a fair bit because Grineers seem to spawn on thin air and 1 hit me with grenades but it's cool because the mission changed to exterminate and I only have a few Grineers left to go (on my last life). After a really tough battle which exhausted all of my health packs, of course the last Grineer had to be stuck inside a rock in which I can't get to even with Ember's powers while he can machine gun me with impunity killing me... that's 30 mins of work gone! Pretty unfair too.

I think I need a break from this game... new level is nice but the overall repetitiveness is wearing me down... the music and SFX which I initially loved is beginning to grate...

Look at the map, Grineer is stuck in the rock, happens a bit in the Corpus spaceship levels too, but at least they had bits sticking out which you can still hit.

evolution0123w6uwj.png

Im assuming the Warframe's level cap will get a raise soon? it would be handy in the higher level regions. Even if you just raise the cap by 5 it could help with specializing... Like Rhino im going for tank. But i have to go BOTH directions in the tree to get the powers (Iron skin) and upgrades i need. EDIT: otherwise nice job. tried one of the new missions. Loved it! Coulnt get to a part i needed to (No walk way there) i saw a pipe. thought wall running how do i do that? After three tries i made it to the other side. Totaly loving wall running now :3

Edited by Marabunta5

Seriously &!$$ed off!

Getting trolled by the first Ceres level because I'm trying to level up my lv24 Amber and lv16 Hex, lost all 4 revives... I mean that's ok, I like a challenge. Paid plat for another 4 revives and a ton of health packs and brought out my lv.30 gorgon with her. A lot easier but sitll getting trolled a fair bit because Grineers seem to spawn on thin air and 1 hit me with grenades but it's cool because the mission changed to exterminate and I only have a few Grineers left to go (on my last life). After a really tough battle which exhausted all of my health packs, of course the last Grineer had to be stuck inside a rock in which I can't get to even with Ember's powers while he can machine gun me with impunity killing me... that's 30 mins of work gone! Pretty unfair too.

I think I need a break from this game... new level is nice but the overall repetitiveness is wearing me down... the music and SFX which I initially loved is beginning to grate...

Look at the map, Grineer is stuck in the rock, happens a bit in the Corpus spaceship levels too, but at least they had bits sticking out which you can still hit.

evolution0123w6uwj.png

Next time go with a higher lvl wf in difficult missions :)

Seriously &!$$ed off!

%7Boption%7D

man your health and shields are low my volt has over 600 shields and 400 health o.o though he is lvl 30

Patch isn't even a day old and people are already crying "Change is bad!"

Anyway, Great job DE! You guys have really shown with this update the work and dedication you have to making this a great game. I look forward to working with you in the Council, and the other like-minded Tennos here on the forums.

To the people that are Crying about the changes, your here to test those things, give constructive feed back, and assist the studio in making a game that people can enjoy for years.

return the skill tress back!!!Ash haw 13 slots but rhino haw only 9 slots.uff you want get all 13 slots you just cant take all 13 slots!!make all warframes 45 lvl or turn back skill trees!!!

This.. is not good feedback.

Next time go with a higher lvl wf in difficult missions :)

As it seems you didn't notice, ACRONYNJA is complaining, not because it was overly difficult, but because it was impossible to complete due to the bugged spawn of the final target.

man your health and shields are low my volt has over 600 shields and 400 health o.o though he is lvl 30

If you actually look at the screenshot, you'll see that ACRONYNJA is in the process of being shot at, so their shields are still being depleted, and their health is likely low due to the severity of the prior battles.

To the people that are Crying about the changes, your here to test those things, give constructive feed back, and assist the studio in making a game that people can enjoy for years.

things people want change didn't really need much testing and or were noticeable from the start.

plus if more than 1-3 people are crying for a change back then theres something wrong with it.

Just wanted to log in for the daily bonus....and then the client loads an update? hooray!! And it seems to be an awesome update too!

Time to farm heaven and hell out of the new planets, enjoy new environments and warframes.....

Edited by Cineris