Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not enough reactant spawning in void fissure missions

JohnMorte

Only corrupted enemies drop them, so if you kill enemies faster than they can be corrupted then you're screwing yourself. I do feel that the process could stand to be sped up, however, because it's tedious.

That's the biggest issue with Fissures IMO. They force you to slow down too much and make even simple missions unfun. It's all the worse in low-level missions where you 1-shot everything anyways.

20 hours ago, 3goats said:

That should not, and never be, an issue.

If it is, that is a severe oversight in the design of the mission type.

How is being able to fail a mission an oversight? That's how it should be. 

If you want reactant, you need to wait for a fissure to spawn, Lotus even tells you that. So let the enemies accumulate, wait for the fissure, the corruption spreads, then you can nuke them all. Rinse repeat, you get 10 in no time, after that you can turn your AOE nukes back on and wait for the round to end. I've never once had to delay a round to get the reactant. 

Or, if you just want to keep killing without giving it a thought, bring a Nekros for more reactant drops and you should be fine, too.

Besides, I usually run endless fissures with a (nearly) max range Equinox, it's never a problem. Just know that on some maps reactant drops behind doors or on different elevations won't show up on the minimap, so you'll actually have to go check all rooms if you're using aoe damage and running low on reactant.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snib said:

How is being able to fail a mission an oversight? That's how it should be. 

If you want reactant, you need to wait for a fissure to spawn, Lotus even tells you that. So let the enemies accumulate, wait for the fissure, the corruption spreads, then you can nuke them all. Rinse repeat, you get 10 in no time, after that you can turn your AOE nukes back on and wait for the round to end. I've never once had to delay a round to get the reactant. 

Or, if you just want to keep killing without giving it a thought, bring a Nekros for more reactant drops and you should be fine, too.

Besides, I usually run endless fissures with a (nearly) max range Equinox, it's never a problem. Just know that on some maps reactant drops behind doors or on different elevations won't show up on the minimap, so you'll actually have to go check all rooms if you're using aoe damage and running low on reactant.

being able to fail while fulfilling mission parameters easily is not how it should be.

this mission that I was unable to get enough reactant on was an corpus ship interception, one of the larger interceptions. not enough enemies spawned, period.

nekros does not increase reactant drops.

good for you. I'm personally having a problem, and I'm checking every nook and cranny.

2 hours ago, 3goats said:

being able to fail while fulfilling mission parameters easily is not how it should be.

But there's two missions, the base one and the reactant one. You're failing the second one and its parameters. If the second one just automatically completed while you're doing the first they might as well do away with it.

nekros does not increase reactant drops.

You sure about that? I didn't check the script but it seemed to work every time we tested it.

good for you. I'm personally having a problem, and I'm checking every nook and cranny.

Well, feel free to look me up in game, happy to run a fissure with you. :)

Edited by Snib
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Snib said:

But there's two missions, the base one and the reactant one. You're failing the second one and its parameters. If the second one just automatically completed while you're doing the first they might as well do away with it.

You sure about that? I didn't check the script but it seemed to work every time we tested it.

Well, feel free to look me up in game, happy to run a fissure with you. :)

the reason I'm failing the second one is not enough enemies spawn and drop reactant. I'm using a fast frame to cover the map and kill everything I meet. I should not fail if the reactant simply doesn't spawn ever.

Yes. I'm playing nekros in a survival right now with void fissures. the only time reactant spawns is when you initially kill an enemy. desecrating does nothing for that.

while I appreciate the thought, having another person check is not necessary when I search all around the map easily as is.

"Kill everything I meet" - don't kill them until they're corrupted, but we've been over that.

And the offer stands, was more about seeing what I may be doing differently from you that personally I don't have a problem with the spawn rates. By the way, are you soloing? Because less spawns in solo.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Snib said:

"Kill everything I meet" - don't kill them until they're corrupted, but we've been over that.

And the offer stands, was more about seeing what I may be doing differently from you that personally I don't have a problem with the spawn rates. By the way, are you soloing? Because less spawns in solo.

im letting them corrupt.

Since there's just an Interception on Lith I now understand what you mean. There's basically no enemies spawning at all, wether you go solo or with a full squad. Looks like the broke something, seemed off even for low level content.

Edited by Snib

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it's an issue I've run into as well. I was doing Lith Exterminate fissure runs yesterday to burn up some relics, and three times in a row I failed to get enough reactant, because I joined a squad at a point where there simply weren't enough enemies left to drop it. Reactant drop rate also seems (this may be anecdotal) to slow down dramatically once other teammates hit 8-10 reactant, so you contend with that if you come in late, even in missions where there aren't a limited number of enemies. 

If I were DE, I'd look at increasing the drop rate for reactant, and preventing late joins to a mission (e.g., do the math and say "it's unlikely there will be enough enemies to provide 10 reactant/it will take too long to find 10, so find another squad"). 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack
Typo

• 2 weeks later...

Quite often I run the Exterminate missions and I've got my reactants within the first 25-30 enemies. I've never had a problem with Exterminates, or missions where enemies never stop spawning like Mobile Defence or Capture. However when I try to run a survival so I can easily queue up more relics the drop rate severely decreases, despite the fact that there are usually MORE enemies being corrupted. 9 relics at 5 minutes, with me killing everything in sight that is corrupted, and ignoring enemies that aren't. That makes the relic mission LITERALLY impossible. I did one this morning where I finally cracked a relic at 9:57!! Seriously, why does this happen?? That's okay though, figured I'd do an Excavation mission instead. It's not a timed mission, I can just not activate a drill. So I got the 10 relics between the first and second drill, took about 6-7 minutes, no stress. Then after 30-LOTUS-DAMNED-MINUTES I ended up giving up because, wait for it, I had only found 9 energy cell carriers. 9, in 30 minutes. I should be able to finish at least 1 drill every 5 minutes. And I didn't suddenly get a bunch of cells carriers all at once. I gave up and activated 3 MORE DRILLS on the way to extraction. 4 drills running and not a single carrier in sight!! DE, I <3 this game but PLEASE can you fix this pathetic?? Because let's be honest, Excavation missions have been around for years, and the Relics have been around for about 6 months now. At this point having simple spawn issues like this is actually just pathetic.

Edited by Dragon-Elixion