Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glast Gambit: Update 19.6.0 + 19.6.0.1

[DE]Megan

5 hours ago, WingGun said:

The Corrupted have Nullifiers too, but then DE changed the void system into the relic system. So...we have a choice to not run against Nullifiers anymore. Also, for me, corpus are easier to deal with at mid-tier or early levels than the grineer; however, at higher levels the corpus work together better than the grineer and are harder to deal with because of this. The corpus have so many unique and different units that it's gonna be a pain to deal with them in higher level content anyways. The drones bug me the most with melee, especially with small melee weapons because they lack the range to reach the drones, generally.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot the bursas...always gotta bring corrosive against corpus now; so much for multiple factions' loadouts.

I like your points.  My issues tend to show up around level 50(ish) when many 'Frames start to really have issues with the enemy damage output and the Eximus units begin to really matter.  I worry about the idea that we're supposed to run Sorties with penalties already attached and the level ranges they sit at as is.  To some extent those missions are enough of a pain when you have a team treating them as a super-slaughterfest, and Nidus had enough trouble getting more than one or two death buffers previously.

I wonder if perhaps stacks should take 6 kills instead of 5 (instead of the shift in stack cost), and we go back to the 10 stacks...  I never have issues getting to (and keeping) 100 stacks in endless or long-duration missions as is, so the 15 stacks shift is less meaningful to Nidus' survival capabilities than the Devs think.  If it needs to be a longer stretch to reach that buffer, all well and good.

I'm worried more that I'll be too far behind in stacks to pick back up when I lose 15-30 stacks than I am about how many death buffers I have.

Great update again gj, codex nerf, which makes it usless

And Nidus nerf, which totally don't make sense. Bubbles are used to negate warframes void energy flow and Nidus mutations are biological feature, so how it is possible for nullifiers to decrease it. If nulifiers bubble reverse mutations I can stand inside with my charger, and it will be changed into normal kubrow.

Why you are nerfing everything that's working totaly fine.

First time posting in forums here. just thought i would mention that nidus fourth ability Ravenous is no longer able to refresh its duration on ability recast while in the ability area. instead it eats the 3 stacks of mutation and continues counting down. hope this helps!

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

For those with a fully 7-day matured Helminth Cyst, the individual permanent cure awaits you in the Helminth Infirmary.

Hopefully in the next three weks or so the cyst will be made not contagious and/or can be removed on any stage. Or I can vaccinate my frames preemptively.

15 minutes ago, Ulamir said:

Great update again gj, codex nerf, which makes it usless

And Nidus nerf, which totally don't make sense. Bubbles are used to negate warframes void energy flow and Nidus mutations are biological feature, so how it is possible for nullifiers to decrease it. If nulifiers bubble reverse mutations I can stand inside with my charger, and it will be changed into normal kubrow.

Why you are nerfing everything that's working totaly fine.

Common rule of Warframe: Do not, under any circumstances, seek logic.

Зашел в комнату, снял Цисту, посидел в комнате мин. 5, дверь от комнаты закрылась. Поздравляю! Теперь вы застряли в зараженной комнате :laugh:
Надеюсь исправите, а то перезаходить с игры не очень хотелось бы)

Edited by SudoTakashi

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Glast Gambit: Update 19.6.0

Removed ability to see Codex information about Relics you do not own.

Why the hell would you do that ? Now I have to go back to the wiki every time I want to check locations for a relic I don't have anymore ! We shoudn't have to rely on the wiki to find relics, that was the whole point of the relic system !

Can't you at least leave the locations for the ones we already had previously ?

Edited by lukaself

I love how you managed to mention frost's deluxe skin during the last dev stream but managed to skip any mention of all the nerfs that came with it LOL, sneaky. 

I'll have to pay more attention next time a nice looking cosmetic is released ;) 

Edited by TALISMAN_XVII

I came back to warframe after a long time. After looking at all the new stuff i took an interest in nidus. 

Nidus was the perfect warframe. Good synarchy between ability and the right amount of challange to stay alive and build stacks. This guy was my main reason to start playing again. 

But i guess it was too good to be true. I am really sad that they nerfed him like this and think they should undo the changes.

Edited by Walnoot

DE; why the all the sudden knee-jerk reactions recently? This  is not what I've come to expect from developers who actually engage with their community......

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Nidus Changes & Fixes

• Increased the base health of Nidus’ Maggots to 1k.
  • Increased Nidus’ Mutation Stack consumption from 10 to 15 when knocked into a bleedout state/death. The task of regaining 10 Stacks is quickly obtainable, making this consequence for dying too light. Although 15 Stacks is not a huge jump, we’re hoping it’s closer to that sweet spot! 
  • Entering a Nullifier bubble will now drain down Mutation Stacks the longer you are in the bubble. 
  • To increase the visibility of Nidus' Maggots, holding down Nidus’ Virulence will now display a HUD marker on them. Keep in mind that casting Virulence on Maggots cause them to detonate!
  • Nidus’ Ravenous Maggots no longer auto detonate when feasting on enemies. Previously the Maggots could do a majority of the grunt work and you were able to watch the carnage and gain Stacks at the same time. Now to pop the Maggots you’ll need to cast Virulence on them and rejoice in your hard earned Stack accumulation. It’s also worth noting that with testing by our team, the Stack rhythm before and after this change wasn’t noticed at all. 
  • Improved the FX of Maggot explosion to better represent the intended area of explosion.
  • Nidus’ Ravenous Maggots will still attack but no longer latch on other Infested Maggots or Kuva Jesters due to awkward animations.  
  • Fixed FX, Maggots, & Health regeneration while in Ravenous staying around forever if cast by a Client who leaves.

In the traditional numbered order:

1. No idea why this was done, no strong feelings about it either.

2. Fine, since I try to avoid death even when above 10 stacks I can live with this; however, have you ever tried stacking with a WoF Ember or Simulor Mirage, stacking is not easy...

3. Why, just why? If Nullifiers drained energy or stopped passives like Zephyr's lack of respect for gravity I'd understand...oh well, onto the 'Run From The Nullies' pile along with Valkyr and Rhino you go Nidus...Maybe you can come back when the sniper point is added (though probably not, since aiming leaves you vulnerable to my least favourite enemy in the game, high level Sapspreys).

4. Could be useful, probably won't use it.

5. Again, just why? Plenty of Frames have a snooze mode: Nekros's Army of the Dead, Atlas's Rumbler(s), not to mention Banshee's Sound Quake, Ember's World on Fire, and (one of my favourite frames) Saryn's Spores. If I need to cast virulence to get any benefit out of the maggots, I might as well save the 3 stacks and just cast Virulence. What was a nice quality of life ability that gave Nidus some stacking potential even when surrounded by Embers, Mirages, Simulors and Tonkors is now pointless except for a heal for allies, if they even decide to stay in it; at this point it joins the other abilities each Frame carries to almost never see the light of day: Soul Punch, Accelerant, Well of Life, Sonic Boom, Sleight of Hand...

6-8. Understandable, no issues here.

As a side note, Ravenous will be used even less until its' recast-in-time bug is fixed.

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Removed ability to see Codex information about Relics you do not own. 

I can understand trying to reduce clutter in this Codex section, as Relics enter and leave the drop tables over time; however, this was not the way to do it. Now, you either have to pray that the mission you do for an unowned Relic contains the one you want (and proving it empirically yourself requires much time due to RNG), or rely on tools like the Wiki that are outside the game to find the drop table containing it.

There is are times and places for knee-jerking: introducing a contagion to the player base and needing to introduce a cure (well done, you did that), or increasing the drop rates on a resource that is rare and suddenly needed in large quantities (which you still haven't, despite a 175+ page forum thread clearly showing you fluffed the Hema costs up massively as far as players, include I, are concerned). These changes to Nidus should have been more akin to the Blade Storm rework, where many people (more than had an issue with Nidus I suspect) felt an ability was toxic to overall play as part of a team, and the response was slowly, carefully crafted into a well though out and balanced fix. I know it's the beginning of the year, and people have returned from the holidays eager to get changes in and please the player base, but most of these changes are a mistake, plain and simple.

Other than that, the Frost skin looks nice, shame I don't use any of the weapons the sword skin goes on at the moment.