Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glast Gambit: Update 19.6.0 + 19.6.0.1

[DE]Megan

Thx for the update. Skin is so good , definately better than og frost. But why is everybody crying about nidus, sry i just ran couple survivals solo got my stacks up to 100 in first 10-15 minutes, can`t find anything about this "nerf" that would make him unplayable. If he would have released like this everyone would not mind now a little tweak and it is frame breaking nerf. He is as good as he was.

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Glast Gambit - Alignment Script

Without spoiling too much, we have a script incoming that fixes and applies the proper Alignment choices made in The Glast Gambit between the window of Dec 22 9am ET and Dec 23 10am ET. Further investigation from reports showed that ‘Moon’ choices gave a ‘Neutral’ outcome and vice versa during this window (was later fixed).

We will update this post when the script has finished!

Script is complete! Alignment has been corrected for those in the affected time window.

Thanks, that finally fixed it.

• Updated and improved the look of Frost’s abilities with fancy new ice textures! 

Thanks for this as well, finally we can use energy colors on frost without making everyone go blind from the globes. The other abilities look a bit bland now though.

• Further optimized network access to help alleviate ‘Network Not Responding’ issues.

Didn't work, got "Network Not Responding" within 5 minutes after logging in... Something you did some patches back is causing it, this never used to be a problem.

• In an effort to address the issue of people not noticing the movement of The Kuva Fortress, we have made the loop completion time odd rather than a 24 hour cycle. Players who were logging in around the same daily time found that the Kuva Fortress would always be roughly in the same position, and was restricting the variety of Kuva Siphon missions available.

Good change. Now if only the kuva mechanics themselves weren't so mindblowingly boring... Good thing sorties only give me endo, right?

• Removed ability to see Codex information about Relics you do not own. 

And you're wondering why we're data-mining the game? I'm literally speechless...

• Fixed enemies being able to attack you during boss cinematic animations. 

A few years late but I'll take it, good change.

Edited by Snib

Most of the nidus changes are interesting, and I thank your efforts to make him an interesting while balanced frame.

But "Entering a Nullifier bubble will now drain down Mutation Stacks the longer you are in the bubble" hurts a lot the nidus gameplay:

Nidus reaches his maximum power in long-time missions (hard to reach more than 10 Mutation Stacks in a short mission while in a full group), but in long-time corpus missions nullifiers shields practically cover the hole tileset, so while he can't gain more stacks he's also lossing them, forcing him to be in very low resistance and power conditions and therefore losing his croud-control / tank role.

Definitely I fear that this change will promote that in those situations where Nidus shines, with a croud-control / tank gameplay, he will be pulled off to the gameplay of those situations where Nidus is less atractive to play, with a gamplay of fighting against other teammates trying to keep a decent number of Mutation Stacks.

Thanks to all that taked the time to read my opinion.

11 hours ago, Buff00n said:

Huh?  This was the best feature of the Codex.  Now you have to find a relic before you can see see where to find it?

This is why players feel forced to use the wiki.

Also, nerfing the passive was fine on Nidus but removing stacks with nullifiers simply doesn't make any sense. He gains stacks from ""Feeding"". So, shouldn't he be barfing/bloodletting everywhere inside the null bubble for that to even make sense? It just seems like a pointless nerf for S#&$s and giggles knowing that he can't even use 2 of his abilities without stacks and that the first is only decent when he has them. There are simply too many requirements on the frame to make his abilities viable which stopped me at 3 forma because i couldn't decide on a Duration/Strength for the 3 and 4 build or a Range/Efficiency build for the 1 and 2. His buff isn't nearly enough to warrant the str duration build and his 4 requires too many stacks to become effective, especially now with the nerf to stack gaining off of it. At least i didn't waste forma and focused on his Ganking with Range/Efficiency.

Definitely thankful for both the Cyst fix and the Alignment fix :)

Tho I hink the Nidus changes went a bit overboard. 

Not saying that might all not work out but even if they do I would like to have seen them made incramentally over several patches instead of all lumped into one kitchen sink fix with a "we hope this works" appended. 

While I havn't played Nidus at all since the patch (as I usually don't play him on shorter missions as building his stacks is kinda miserable*) all of the changes really seem to hobble him on shorter missions. From requiring more stacks, nerffing to his passive and the change to Maggots returning mutation stacks. Hell half the reason I cast my 4 at all is because I NEED STACKS and I"M OUT OF POWER. So I'm gambling that the maggots will return more stacks than it cost me to cast them while I wait for rage or power orbs. So now that you need to use power to get the maggots to return stacks..... 4 is pretty much dead to me, unless things are going well at which point I probably wouldn't have been using 4 in the first place :P 

As to the nullifiers now effecting him ...... whelp I already hated nullifiers and just outright call them "fun ruiners". Just one more reason to avoid Corpus missions when I can and cringe going into them when I can't. 

*Since things die really easy meaning you can't double/tripple tap them to build stacks faster and also because PEOPLE WILL ACTIVELY TARGET YOUR LARVA..... which means you just wasted power gathering everything up into a nice convinient ball to build mutation.......... and you got nothing in return. Not even a thank you for giving your ream mate an easy target.

Edited by Oreades

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Nidus Changes & Fixes

• 1. Increased the base health of Nidus’ Maggots to 1k.
  • 2. Increased Nidus’ Mutation Stack consumption from 10 to 15 when knocked into a bleedout state/death. The task of regaining 10 Stacks is quickly obtainable, making this consequence for dying too light. Although 15 Stacks is not a huge jump, we’re hoping it’s closer to that sweet spot! 
  • 3. Entering a Nullifier bubble will now drain down Mutation Stacks the longer you are in the bubble. 
  • 4. To increase the visibility of Nidus' Maggots, holding down Nidus’ Virulence will now display a HUD marker on them. Keep in mind that casting Virulence on Maggots cause them to detonate!
  • 5. Nidus’ Ravenous Maggots no longer auto detonate when feasting on enemies. Previously the Maggots could do a majority of the grunt work and you were able to watch the carnage and gain Stacks at the same time. Now to pop the Maggots you’ll need to cast Virulence on them and rejoice in your hard earned Stack accumulation. It’s also worth noting that with testing by our team, the Stack rhythm before and after this change wasn’t noticed at all. 

OK we need to talk about this S#&$ right here.

1-unnecessary

2- i'd recommend devs to try build up stacks on low level corpus missions or in party missions just to have it rain by an insane amount. Just why. Even 10 i thought were a bit to much of a penalty for how fast nidus dies in high level if he doesn't have his link active but i considered it bearable because at 100 stacks you can cast 4 and 1 to build that up quickly.

3- Depending on the drain speed this can either be unnoticeable or incredibly stupid nerf to a passive mechanic of nius just for the sake of it. we already have skills that are cancelled if nullifiers go through them like the 3 ability link that will go out if either you or the target of the link enters the nullifier bubble or nullifiers cancelling spawning points for magots so this is stupid to me but i have to see the speed of the drain to tell if i can manage it.

4-no point in it since who holds down virulence in risky situations. its dumb and just an excuse for the nerf at point 5

5-why just why. Why do i need my 4th ability now when i can just cast virulence a bunch of times for the same result. The point of 4 was to help you build stacks when leach eximus in high level infested missions depleted all your energy giving you time to fin and kill it while risking death. What next leach eximus drain mutation stacks now. This dropped nidus scalability in high level missions and making the negative efficiency build useless.The only way to get virulence after you have no energy is to either build with rage and get hit posibly risking loosing 15 stacks or go for zenuric focus.

Nidus struggles as a group frame but also in mid level corpus mission. Corpus enemies die far to fast to build stacks of of them and hit really hard so its painful to survive at those levels. the easiest test to this is to go on a survival mission on earth moon LUA and see how hard it is to deal with the corpus faction. i believe it will be even harder now after the changes. 

another good thing about nidus was his low reliance on energy once the stacks build up thanks to the 4th ability being a helpful way to recharge stacks while you dealt with other things removing the need to spam virulence every god damn time.

The nullifiers are a pain an i was hoping there would be a buff to nidus 3rd ability that makes it so the link doesn't go away when the target enters the bubble  only when the player does so that you wouldn't just randomly pop out of link in the middle of enemies because the link target somewhere got inside a nullifier bubble all of the sudden and puff goes 10 stacks. well 15 now thanks to DE meanwhile skills like wukong defy still stay in the game with almost unlimited time.

There goes the potentially good frame that made use of all its abilities in such great synergy that sometimes you forget to use weapons. see you next time when DE starts to make warframes not 1 skill phoneys.

The Ravenous change doesn't make sense to me.

Why would I waste three stacks now if I have to use Virulence to benefit from the damage of the maggots? It's simply easier to wipe them with virulence and get done with it now... The only benefit left from Ravenous is crowd control, and not even a good one...

Also, about that Undying change, while it was too powerful, you now need 15 stacks AND you lose them to nullifiers too ? Woah, slow down there a minute !! How in hell am I supposed to build enough stacks in anything else than an endless mission now ??

Do we need to worry about nullifiable passives becoming one of those bothersome trends you started for 2017 like the explosion of research costs, making us play four times the same boring mission and calling it a quest, releasing placeholders of unfinished content or even politely handwaving overwhelmingly negative user feedback ?

Wake up ! This past month is the first time in two years that playing warframe yielded more frustration than fun. 

Edited by lukaself

3 hours ago, Ulamir said:

Great update again gj, codex nerf, which makes it usless

And Nidus nerf, which totally don't make sense. Bubbles are used to negate warframes void energy flow and Nidus mutations are biological feature, so how it is possible for nullifiers to decrease it. If nulifiers bubble reverse mutations I can stand inside with my charger, and it will be changed into normal kubrow.

Why you are nerfing everything that's working totaly fine.

Its not that nidus got nerfted regarding the bubble, its the nullifiers that got their vacines up to date, they are now walking antibiotics dispensers, or... the bubble is full of HTC (its is said that htc is effective combating cancer)...
Now joking aside, the lack of logic in this, annoys me more than losing the stacks, i get the "balancing" idea but not how the heck its supposed to fit with the entire picture/lore/immersion kind of thing.... it sound like one of those ideas that came out of a bad fanfic, just like how the index part of the quest to get him looks like DE ran out of ideas of how to make a decent quest.

And because we are already talking about Nidus, a question to whoever can answer, Nidus idle animation are they a nekros bad rip off with no effects whatsoever or its just mine being messed up?

Thanks and sorry for bad English.

41 minutes ago, firephoenixearl said:

OK we need to talk about this S#&$ right here.

1-unnecessary....

....There goes the potentially good frame that made use of all its abilities in such great synergy that sometimes you forget to use weapons. see you next time when DE starts to make warframes not 1 skill phoneys.

DE defends the idea of different builds and play-stiles, or in other words creativity and err...innovation? anyhow they saw people abusing the 2->1 to start getting the ball running in terms of stacks then 4 for... maintaining and strengthening those stack, and the were like nope too much diversity lets give them a reason to forget about 4 and turn them into 2->1 spammers

I have had a few problems with the alignment system. In TWW with the first alignment option quest it didn't load the scene and the choice of alignment properly so I got stuck with moon when I wanted to be neutral. It has done this again with The Glast Gambit. Could my alignment be switched to pure neutral like I wanted it to be?

Another Bubbleman (sounds like an enemy from Mega Man..) buff. Seriously DE? Remove that unit or at least make it a temp debuffer, not a complete "I wreck your azz, I am lv 100 unit brah - DISSPELL" ahole.

I hate that unit since its implementation!

Edited by 0Skyrim0