Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on game optimization for low end computers

SunsetRain

Lets state the obvious here, you've made a beautiful game that we love. But there are some of us who prefer to play the game rather than just look at it.
I have disabled all possible options in display options, and set the laptop setting on, yet im still running at 8 fps sometimes.

I feel like I have reverse fps drops, where some would dip in fps, I seem to gain fps only to lose them instantly. sometimes I run 60 fps for about 3 minutes before going 30-60 minutes under 20. 

As a player who enjoys this game, I wouldn't mind making it less pretty to gain some fps. For example, I dont need all that detail in ruins or buildings, I dont need to see every grain of sand, or sparkle in the snow. I dont need these intricate lines and carvings in the floors and walls. I dont need many details to enjoy the game, and I'd rather have the option to not see them and play, than to run a stunning game at 6fps.

If its possible to optimize with out losing much, fine, but honestly, I could do with out most of the debris in the background.

generally, unless a machine is running on an iGPU or Media Accelerator, it's CPU bound. ergo almost none of the settings in the Display Menu will affect performance.

(and if a machine is this low end, spending money on games seems like having priorities out of order but w/e)

• 2 weeks later...