Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Enemy equipment] Anti-Endo weaponry

Pavelord

The system of progresion in Warframe with mods and the use of forma make player power progression something that enemies have a hard time facing unless they also break their progressions a bit with enormous armor, shields, energy drain and nullifiers, which are the headaches of many a player.

In recent updates Endo was presented as the energy that makes the modding system work, the new concept is better grounded in the lore a bit less abstract that fusion cores, it gave me an idea to create an alternate use, Anti-Endo weaponry, as an alternate method to nullifying that enemies use. The difference would be that instead of blocking the use of powers altogether, this weapons disrupt the endo within the warframe mods, reducing the effectivness of warframe powers by a set percentage, getting affected by such weaponry would affect all warframe power stats (power, duration, efficiency, range) this way:

-low level- the reduction would be 30%

-mid level- the reduction would be 60%

-high level-the reduction would be 90%

-endgame level- the reduction would be 120%

The duration of this debuff would ideally be 5 secs., but could be modify according to how rapid can enemies apply this attack, when debuff timer finishes normal values return immediately. 

How to apply this attacks and with what weapons?- I think that in consideration of the players this attack should not be attached to the firerate of conventional enemy weapons, instead should be a special attack that should be easily identifiable and a threat that can be destroy or avoided using skills and would vary from faction.

Grineer

Representing the crudeness of the grineer the anti-endo weapon would take the form of a grenade, this grenade would replace the first grenade of all grineer soldiers, grenades are a identifiable danger that can be avoided, destroyed mid- air, and could give the enemy an advantege should they pull a surprise attack. Grineer would need to throw grenades a bit more often.

An alternative, would be leaving the delivery to a unit that is difficult to hunt but that is noticeable when it arrives, a good example could be grineer manics, should they be allowed to get close, they have the option to deploy the weapon in proximity.

Corpus

With the technical ingenuity of the corpus, I think the way would be to create a new model of osprey, one that is noticeable as the oxium osprey, that moves fast and doesn´t spends its time hovering near the tenno, it would be equipped with an anti-endo energy cannon that can shoot constantly at a medium fire rate.

Taking repeated attacks from anti-endo weaponry, would incurr the debuff only once without accumulation but would reset the debuff timer anew with each attack, I would also note that further revision to the progresions of players and enemies could be necesary to reach some balance, but I think reducing the effectiveness temporarily is better than blocking the use of a power altogether.

Other alternatives

Green Anti-Endo- disrupts the mods equipped to warframes

Red Anti-Endo- disrupts the mods of the equipped weapon.

Let me know what you think and thanks for reading.

Edited by Pavelord

Honestly? No thanks.

It restricts play types too much.

Now, I can't use my favorite weapon with my favorite frame because my weapon will gimp my frames abilities, causing a negative experience.

TBH Rivens do a better job at adding to variety because at least now most weapons have some form of late gme viability.

This just takes away viability and versatility by giving a negative impact o using certain weapons, and just undermines the game as a whole.

Corrupted mods do a better job of what you're asking for because they're self contained: They only affect what they're equipped too.

But you're asking for a Corrupted mod to affect not just the item. but the load out as a whole, and doing this positively or negatively restricts variety because now I have to min max my builds, and I need that item to max.

My bad, didn't read it all thoroughly. Personally I prefer the current systems, because Corpus and grineer seem to be far behind, technologically, that a weaponized, and readily deployable anti-warframe/weapon device would be inconceivable.

Edited by wolf96781

1 minute ago, wolf96781 said:

Now, I can't use my favorite weapon with my favorite frame because my weapon will gimp my frames abilities, causing a negative experience.

I think you misunderstood me, the weaponry is for the enemies not for the tenno. as an alternative to nullifiers.

1 hour ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

Even then nullifiers have been nerfed... and nerfed.... and nerfed.  Even then endo is what replace cores, so anti endo weapons would affect the user's allies.

These anti-endo weapons are for enemis.

I totally agree with the idea.
Also, with the -120% reduction at high level, dont mod our weapons or exploiting corrumpted mod's negative stats could become a strategy :D