Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

6.0 Platinum Helmets

Foxbyte

At a glance, these look gorgeous. I want to own all of them, but five dollars a piece is a bit steep for a hat in my opinion. I might buy one for my favourite frame, but if they were 25p I would probably buy *all* of them.

What's everyone opinions on the hats and the cost?

I like the bonus/penalties they offer, I think they are great! and remeber the game still needs to make money, i.e. with you able to build super-charged weapons and warframes I think the cost is just fine. Personal opinion of course.

The cost does seem high for what basically amounts to a hat and a minor (I'm assuming anyways) difference in stats. I positively love the look of some of them (Volt, Trinity, Ember, Rhino) but am curious about the Nyx and Frost alternate helmets since they exist as per the bundles, so I assume they just aren't in the store yet.

Anyways, the cost does seem rather steep.. I'd probably suggest a drop to 30-35 platinum so a player might actually get more than one.

Anyone know if these are just from Platinum or can they be gained from Alerts too?

I'd assume that at 75, they're plat only.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I like the bonus/penalties they offer, I think they are great! and remeber the game still needs to make money, i.e. with you able to build super-charged weapons and warframes I think the cost is just fine. Personal opinion of course.

I didn't even notice they changed stats, I am not a clever man. Still not sure if they're worth more than 25 platinum to me though.

75 plat definitely seems too steep when Catalysts and Reactors are only 20 and as everyone has mentioned, are far more useful. Also a little strange that they aren't craftable from BPs, seeing as they impart a benefit/detriment instead of acting as a cosmetic. If they were purely cosmetic, I could understand the plat-only restriction. Regardless though, hopefully a price drop is forthcoming.

75 plat definitely seems too steep when Catalysts and Reactors are only 20 and as everyone has mentioned, are far more useful. Also a little strange that they aren't craftable from BPs, seeing as they impart a benefit/detriment instead of acting as a cosmetic. If they were purely cosmetic, I could understand the plat-only restriction. Regardless though, hopefully a price drop is forthcoming.

they might drop as ? alerts who knows.

could someone post a picture of helmets ?

Sure. I only got Mag, Trinity and Ember helmets though. Shame Mag got the worst helmet of all, looks like a scifi radiator or a jukebox lol ;_; ..I'm quite happy about the Ember's helmet though.

KJ68EaA.jpg

K3HvI9K.jpg

xtgMEG7.jpg

Bonus bug {rhino chassis shows up as an option for all of the warframes, but not usable}:

RwKhOhM.jpg

No please no, this is not the right way, i know DE Devs need to make profit and i support the game, but stats for money (any change of them, even double edged options) is a step forward in the Pay 2 win paradigm. Sorry, i wont buy them ... i wont support that. Even when im in love with ash´s badass Scorpion helm :( Too bad

I was about to buy 2 or 3 helmets just for cosmetics, look is awesome and i was about to support that... then i noticed in the description the stat change.. no buy, sorry, i dont agree with this.

Edited by Eversor

If we look at the fact that reactors and catalysts were only CS items, these will probably go the same route being only available in the CS starting out and after a while being added as a BP to ? alerts, and since they're tied to a warframe part, we'll probably see other replacement parts as well in the future like chassis and what not.

I'm personally happy with this addition. They give you some customization with added bonus effects, and they all look really interesting. From the looks I'd had to say Ember's is my favourite one, but from the stat changes it has to be Volt. Less stamina but better powers? Yes, please!

You are not paying for "better" you are paying for "different" just -slightly- changing some stats on your frame and getting a new look. It is completely unneccessary and could also essentially be done with mods. This is exactly the type of thing they -should- charge for in my opinion. I think that the price is reasonable, though of course as a consumer cheaper is always better, but if you are invested in the game and have a main character that you are attached too, spending $5 is nothing.

The main reason I support this game so much, is the core minute to minute gameplay is great, (just as good if not better than AAA action titles as far as the shooting, melee, traversal) it still lacks the content of AAA, but it will likely get there or close to it.

If you are one of the "I gotta have all frams/weapons/upgrades/attachments/everything" so you can change what you play for any match to fit any situation...then I can see the issue, but then maybe FTP games aren't for you.

For people who want to specialize in a few frames, small assortment of favorite weapons etc, throwing $5 here and there is not really an issue

Just my 2 cents :)