Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

6.0 Platinum Helmets

Foxbyte

You are not paying for "better" you are paying for "different" just -slightly- changing some stats on your frame and getting a new look. It is completely unneccessary and could also essentially be done with mods. This is exactly the type of thing they -should- charge for in my opinion. I think that the price is reasonable, though of course as a consumer cheaper is always better, but if you are invested in the game and have a main character that you are attached too, spending $5 is nothing.

The main reason I support this game so much, is the core minute to minute gameplay is great, (just as good if not better than AAA action titles as far as the shooting, melee, traversal) it still lacks the content of AAA, but it will likely get there or close to it.

If you are one of the "I gotta have all frams/weapons/upgrades/attachments/everything" so you can change what you play for any match to fit any situation...then I can see the issue, but then maybe FTP games aren't for you.

For people who want to specialize in a few frames, small assortment of favorite weapons etc, throwing $5 here and there is not really an issue

Just my 2 cents :)

^ nailed it

You are not paying for "better" you are paying for "different" just -slightly- changing some stats on your frame and getting a new look. It is completely unneccessary and could also essentially be done with mods. This is exactly the type of thing they -should- charge for in my opinion. I think that the price is reasonable, though of course as a consumer cheaper is always better, but if you are invested in the game and have a main character that you are attached too, spending $5 is nothing.

The main reason I support this game so much, is the core minute to minute gameplay is great, (just as good if not better than AAA action titles as far as the shooting, melee, traversal) it still lacks the content of AAA, but it will likely get there or close to it.

If you are one of the "I gotta have all frams/weapons/upgrades/attachments/everything" so you can change what you play for any match to fit any situation...then I can see the issue, but then maybe FTP games aren't for you.

For people who want to specialize in a few frames, small assortment of favorite weapons etc, throwing $5 here and there is not really an issue

I was going to write something myself, but you wrote it all so perfectly.

100% agree.

-

Would very much like an Excalibur helmet, though!

Edited by Zakalwe

This guy right here, took the words out of my mouth.

I gotta agree with Severanth - thus far the devs have been true to their word about not making it pay to win, considering we're still in beta stage we have to accept that initial changes are exactly that - initial. Give it a couple of weeks and we will likely start seeing BP drops etc. That said, I feel that any item that IS purely cosmetic should be paid for with Platinum, end of story. They need cash in their lives just like the rest of us. Ever worked at a job where you were getting paid too little to make ends meet? It sucks &#!.

75 plat is a bit steep, admittedly - we'll just have to see where this goes. There were plans for different skins too, correct? This is only the beginning.

You got a point but sounds like a perverse reasoning to me, sorry. "Different" can , effectively, make something overpowered in the right hands. Maxing advantages for a little to no impact (by decrasing a certain worthless stat in a specific frame) can , in fact, give you an edge. Maybe not in this right case of the helms, dont know, have not tried them but... im worried abut this kind of policy and i wont second it. Sorry.

Make it only cosmetic and im sold...

Edited by Eversor

A lucky mod drop can give you "the edge" but this isn't a contest. Your quick reflexes or superior hardware can give you "the edge" it doesn't matter, and will never start to matter.

Why would a warframe wear a peice of equipment that didn't affect it somehow? These aren't hats, they're gear.

A lucky mod drop can give you "the edge" but this isn't a contest. Your quick reflexes or superior hardware can give you "the edge" it doesn't matter, and will never start to matter.

Why would a warframe wear a peice of equipment that didn't affect it somehow? These aren't hats, they're gear.

"A lucky mod drop" as you say is something i can work farming,. Right now, i dont know how to obtain those hlmets if not by paying. Anyways, im here to show my disagreement,and post valid reasonings to support it. I respect your points of view, but sorry, i dont fully agree with all of them. Im worried like you all about the future and health of a really good game, not to start a war between us... just in case... We are all Tenno :)

Edited by Eversor

"A lucky mod drop" as you say is something i can work farming,. Right now, i dont know how to obtain those hlmets if not by paying. Anyways, im here to show my disagreement,and post valid reasonings to support it. I respect your points of view, but sorry, i dont fully agree with all of them. Im worried like you all about the future and health of a really good game, not to start a war between us... just in case... We are all Tenno :)

Really the only way I could see these helmets becoming an issue is if they introduced PVP, having any sort of edge in a purely PVE game doesn't really matter. If anyting I'd welcome the guy with the edge along to help me farm for those frame BPs, mods, or materials. Just makes things go faster.

'DESteve, on 30 January 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

Thanks for your note, we are intending to come back and fix up some of the more broken trees. "Balance" is a loaded term here - in some ways we want to create imbalances and increase uniqueness of differing builds.

"Cosmetic" items come with stats and are craftable. We'll see how that plays out but currently the goal is no item is purely cosmetic, again to increase the uniqueness of a particular build.'

Now, craftable cosmetic, that's a relieve.

Hmm... just my 2 cents, the helmets are a nice addition..... but with the bonus/penalty thingy with a cost of 75p?

Hmm....

It feels like going to into a store to buy a shirt with a nice design that cost.. I dunno.. lets say, 75 bucks and theres a big rip at the back. You ask the nice sales lady about the big gash at the back of the shirt and then she tells you that its on purpose.

O.o....

Thanks but no thanks.. *leaves store*

75 does seem a little steep to me as well. I wasn't terribly pleased with the stat plus/minus addition, but I guess it doesn't make a huge difference provided it's not large numbers we're talking here. It also seems expensive because you can't use them on other frames. I know I'd much rather have something I could use on all my frames with my particular looks and stats preferences! Probably wouldn't be that easy though, and Rhino head might look out of place on a Mag or something.

50 plat? I could get behind that for specialization. It being craftable makes a difference though, so hopefully blueprints will drop somewhere?

The only helmet I REALLY dislike and find it somewhat silly for anyone to purchase it, is the Mag helm. What Mag has now is what I would consider "unique" and very interesting.

That's exactly how I feel, I wish they went for something more simple instead. Even Ember's old helmet seems modest in comparison.

Here ya go :)

Wow, looks like a colossal chicken was trying to squeeze Rhino's head really hard, then it just got stuck there. I'm sure it would be very interesting to meet the dude that designed these :P quite well done but what's with all the funky bits?

Edited by CapricaSix

Ugh, Ash is my main warframe and his helmet is terrible stat-wise. I wish I had an option for JUST the look of the helmet to change. Sacrificing power efficiency [and I use a lot of smokebomb] for stamina [which I don't really need] is just augh.