The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raid Bosses

Sorakamii

If you've played vindictus you can easily understand this.Warframe is Sci-fi Space game,ths mean theres a huge area where bosses can go.Instead of having us play through the usual long run though before the boss room...mabye it only two rooms.

The Spawn

The Boss Room

This is where a collossial boss will appear,so we also need a very large room.Also there should be able to be more than a normal squad of Warframes,the squad size should be 6 or mabye 8 depending on how large or powerful the boss is. There should also be cutscenes,well gameplay cutscenes that show the boss doing a special attack,in these areas...players should have the chance to hit the boss to cause critical damage. Some creature-like bosses should be able to injest players,but the player has a chance to cause massive damage from attacking from within,and once the boss falls(stuned) other players can cut the one eaten out...or he can cut himself out.

There should also be a Dragon Dogma's style of fighting them too.To be able to attach one's self to the boss with the new grappling hook,or a melee weapon.Hitting specific areas(head,eyes,ect)should cause damage to make bosses flinch givings others a chance to climb on,or use abilities to assist others.

(Suggestion)

Breaks....

All these bosses armor,skin,scales ect can be broken and used as skins for warframes,skins for weapons,and crafting materials.Lets say i break a giant space worm's teeth....i should be able to craft something using its teeth and mabye something else that can either go for a visual look,or actually help me in-game.

Raid Bosses Ideas

Giant Death Worm

Grineer Ravanger(Mech)

Corpus Destroyer(Mech)

Infested Cerburus

Infested Hydra

Corpus Drago-XII(Dragon)

Thats all i can think of right now,if you like this idea post up some more bosses in the comments.

Edited by Muramasa4165

Sounds like Dragon's Dogma/Monster Hunter/Invictus. Doesn't sound like Warframe.

Past livestream mentioned 'large' boss fights in large rooms. The J3-Golem model is being reworked to be something like the Jackal is now.

And IIRC Warframe's 4-Tenno cells is based on engine restriction, in which it can only support 4 players if they want to have weapons, enemy AI/generation. Accounts of 5 player sessions usually include incredibly glitchy enemy AI, among other issus.

Sounds like Dragon's Dogma/Monster Hunter/Invictus. Doesn't sound like Warframe.

Past livestream mentioned 'large' boss fights in large rooms. The J3-Golem model is being reworked to be something like the Jackal is now.

And IIRC Warframe's 4-Tenno cells is based on engine restriction, in which it can only support 4 players if they want to have weapons, enemy AI/generation. Accounts of 5 player sessions usually include incredibly glitchy enemy AI, among other issus.

I see what u mean about all of that and i understna d the engine restriction....but Warframe should be able to encounter things other than your regualr human-oid bosses.They're in space where alien creatures should be a normal thing,Im not saying there so be too many but just add a few HUGE bosses.Also,the part about the breaks,think about it  we jsut fought a huge boss but all we get it one or two mods and mabye some materials thats it....thats stupid.We should be able to get parts of the boss and use it to our advantage.We should be able to make bombs,traps,knives,ect.We are ninja/samuria they are able to ajust to the environment,or we can use those part as trophies for the dojo.

It is hard to implement anything with more than 4 people without dedicated server. So we will not see raid bosses for some time.

Theres a such thing as 4-man raids.They just wont be as big or as powerful but they can still be preety big